Archived Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that was the case with my store. They had some old-timers, but none of them lasted. HR was a vet, but new in role. Log was a vet. AP was new. I don't know what SF was.

'Splain this to me, Ricky.

Why would you give out crappy reviews and piss poor raises right before BTS? Doesn't it make more sense to get the BTS and then give out the crappy reviews and piss poor raises so the TM/TL/ETL (cuz one of our TLs got a crappy review and it won't look good on the BTS) might, just might forget the inequities over the next 11 months?

Last edited:
'Splain this to me, Ricky.

Why would you give out crappy reviews and piss poor raises right before BTS? Doesn't it make more sense to get the BTS and then give out the crappy reviews and piss poor raises so the TM might, just might forget the inequities over the next 11 months?

Retail Law Thirteen(b): If it makes sense and it's not happening, that's usually why it's not happening.

The way it's supposed to work is an independent company grades the survey so the management and corporate has no idea how individual TMs filled it out.

We've actually had corporate folks come on to defend the survey in the past to say that and I'm willing to believe them.
Now I've also heard about ETLs standing over the TMs to watch how they fill it out which is totally against the principles of how it's supposed to be done so make of that what you will.

I hate to break it to you but it's not, not completely anyway. Last year I was there and watch them set up the survey for me before I took it. It went something like this region>district>store>workcenter. Understand I come from an low volume store where we have very small teams. So they know your workcenter, then if you opt to fill out the gender and ethnicity questions well they can narrow it down pretty good. If you are the only male or woman in a workcenter, they got you. Even if you opt out of the gender, ethnicity etc. unless your whole team is disgruntled just from knowing personalities you could tell who is rocking the boat. Also I'm sure they are time stamped and how hard would it be for someone in HR to write down the time the test was taken down next to the TM name?

I hate to break it to you but it's not, not completely anyway. Last year I was there and watch them set up the survey for me before I took it. It went something like this region>district>store>workcenter. Understand I come from an low volume store where we have very small teams. So they know your workcenter, then if you opt to fill out the gender and ethnicity questions well they can narrow it down pretty good. If you are the only male or woman in a workcenter, they got you. Even if you opt out of the gender, ethnicity etc. unless your whole team is disgruntled just from knowing personalities you could tell who is rocking the boat. Also I'm sure they are time stamped and how hard would it be for someone in HR to write down the time the test was taken down next to the TM name?

Supposedly, and I'm not trying to carry Spot's water here but this is how I understand it, as soon as you hit the complete button HR no longer has access to the survey.
It is fired straight to the independent company.
The gender, ethnicity questions are just so Spot can trumpet how wonderful they are at diversity in hiring.
Now is that for reals?
I don't know for certain but that's the it's supposed to work.

I assumed they wouldn't get individual results back but a general thing with graphs and charts about percentages and amount of people who answered in what ways. Not profiles of each person's combination of answers.

I still don't answer that demographic stuff at the end, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back