Archived Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls were pretty good. 72-10 and NBA champs that season. I don't think any team in pro sports can top that.

Best team survey? I've never liked doing them. I don't think we should have to do them. I usually give honest scores. If you suck, I will give you a sucky score. If you want a good score, don't suck. When I say you, I am referring to my store as a whole. Thank you.

I never have anyone over my shoulder during the survey. They just send us in the training room to do the surveys one by one. I never answer the questions at the end about race and work center or whatever. We didn't get any extra food last year, but we had different leadership back then and they always gave us snacks and food. So if there was an increase in food I might not have noticed it. The new leadership has done away with all of that. We went from having wellness Wednesday every week to having something on the calendar this month that's just nuts (literal nuts lol)... But only if the cashiers achieve something. Then there's something else that sucks if we achieve some other thing. So it would be super noticeable if they started bribing us with food.

I answer honestly, but the questions last year were just vague enough that they wouldn't have learned any exact problems from that survey. The questions were basically are x y and z good or bad but there was nowhere to say why those things were good or bad.

The plot thickens. Today I was told that if I don't get good scores on the BTS, my job is on the line. Really? I can get fired because somebody doesn't like me? Do TMs name names? Or are all the surveys in the work center aimed at all the leaders in their work center? Seems a bit ambiguous.

\
The plot thickens. Today I was told that if I don't get good scores on the BTS, my job is on the line. Really? I can get fired because somebody doesn't like me? Do TMs name names? Or are all the surveys in the work center aimed at all the leaders in their work center? Seems a bit ambiguous.
I don't think that's right to threaten you like that...however, I have seen tms who were targeted ( pun intended) just because they were not liked by the leaders in the building ...or because they wouldn't kiss ass. sadly it had nothing to do with how they did their job.

I'm a Team Lead and I am tough, but fair. I'm the only one who actually documents issues in my work center so it's kinda bad cop/good cop which I thought everyone was okay with. Obviously not.

I'm a Team Lead and I am tough, but fair. I'm the only one who actually documents issues in my work center so it's kinda bad cop/good cop which I thought everyone was okay with. Obviously not.

Wow umm just wow BTS is that brutal? First year on the other side of leadership so didnt see any leadership before in the last 4 years become to concerned about BTS

Yeah...if you have two TLs...like GSTLs...then you have to rate them both together. Unfortunately last year for the GSTL I really liked, they got rated down a lot because of the GSTL I didn't like. I figured if the lowest common denominator was going to be used to figure my crappy raise, they wouldn't mind me returning the favor for the BTS.

Removed for inaccurate memories.

There's probably no way of knowing which TL is being complained about for any work center with multiple TLs. And the comment section wasn't there last year so there's no place to name names unless they added it back.

You can critique and give orders and all that jazz without being mean though, so if you're not a douche nugget when you're doing the tough parts, and your team is reasonable, they might not give you low scores anyway. I have one fab TL and one crappy one and I answer based on the weakest link. Then when hr goes around doing her little talks with her clipboard, I name names. The one who sucks isn't the tough one though. She just isn't good at her job. Idc that the dope TL tells me my shortcomings or mistakes, because she's dope. Nothing ever happens to that crap TL, though lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
TLs take the survey as well. We have a comments section, but other than that they are exactly the same.

It was a year ago so it's possible my memory is wrong. Also my store had two surveys... bts, then pulse survey (this happens when the bts was really bad and they wanna know if anything improved)... So I may have mixed them together in my memories.

Hey now, you removed "from what I remember" from the beginning of that quote. My memory isn't infallible at all. But I don't remember hr keying anything. They sent us in a room with instruction sheets for getting started. Hmmmmmm... Now that I think of it I believe it asked for a work center at some point in the process of getting to the survey. I'm assuming where some people's hr people keyed something in was the part where my store had us doing the instruction sheet.

In the work center thing, was it sales floor? Or was hl and SL separate? I jogged my memory up there and remembered work center is before you answer the survey questions, but I don't remember how specific. My initial point still stands. No one with multiple TLs is really telling on anyone unless both of their TLs are of the same caliber.

I definitely remember thinking the survey wasn't specific enough for anyone to know what anyone was complaining about though. I stand by that memory always and forever.

And the optional demographic questions I remembered... They were how long have you been working with tgt, race, gender, age. That's the stuff no one ever answers.

At our store, we don't keep stls, etls or tls long enough to get an opinion of them. If they last a year, I might start to pay attention to them, but they rarely do....

I didn't even do BTS last year - oops. Only thing I want to comment on is OP's complaint about 45 minute lunch breaks...why is that a problem? We're legally allowed 45 minutes if we work over 5 hours...is it a state-by-state thing?

I didn't even do BTS last year - oops. Only thing I want to comment on is OP's complaint about 45 minute lunch breaks...why is that a problem? We're legally allowed 45 minutes if we work over 5 hours...is it a state-by-state thing?

Most states are 30 minutes.
I'm not sure what the percentage is but it seems like only a handful are 45.

If you're part of the overnight team or you work in the Pharmacy, you have to take a 30 minute lunch. 8am and above has to take a 45. This is how my district in California works.

If you're part of the overnight team or you work in the Pharmacy, you have to take a 30 minute lunch. 8am and above has to take a 45. This is how my district in California works.

I work in California as well, and on our paper explaining our allotted breaks it says 45 minutes. Interesting.

Anywhere in California, you have to get a 30 minute lunch by law, but they give you 45 to make sure you take your full 30, so they don't get fined.

I hope all of you guys are honest on the surveys. If you are unhappy, let them know. The pulse survey is bs-I would opt out on that. But the BTS counts against the store score, ETL reviews, and the STL's review. If you are a RED focus store, you get extra $$ for your 549 (Fast, Fun, and Friendly) account. You should see how much nicer leadership is once the survey is red. If your scores are GREEN, they figure it is ok to keep treating you like garbage-no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back