Better label strips?

Maybe it's just the first few POGs I've done with the Personal Care transitions & revisions, but the label strips seem to be a lot better in that the product spacing is more realistic. Product is fitting very nicely, with the indicated number of facings.
And just getting label strips is great. The last time I did women's deodorant, I had to print labels because the strips never arrived. So much easier.

Maybe it's just the first few POGs I've done with the Personal Care transitions & revisions, but the label strips seem to be a lot better in that the product spacing is more realistic. Product is fitting very nicely, with the indicated number of facings.
And just getting label strips is great. The last time I did women's deodorant, I had to print labels because the strips never arrived. So much easier.

Nah it's could just be those POGs. I still find spacing issues now and then. Missing labels still a problem.

My pet pog label strips just randomly have some prices missing. Some at the end of the strip, some right in the middle. Makes it hard to set efficiently. But as long as it seems like we're cutting costs.

The amount of stuff they are putting sideways and 1 capacity just to be able to fit more product on the floor is crazy. Especially in Entertainment, there are entire rows of books that are all sideways, which still makes sense because they are books. But I have seen this done with various toys and other stuff.

The amount of stuff they are putting sideways and 1 capacity just to be able to fit more product on the floor is crazy. Especially in Entertainment, there are entire rows of books that are all sideways, which still makes sense because they are books. But I have seen this done with various toys and other stuff.
And then the last time I reset the allergy POG, there are products with 8 or 10 facings each, which they made fit by stacking the shelves very close together. It makes no sense from an overall perspective.

Toys was terrible along with toothpaste which was unusable.
My toothpaste label strips worked out well, but it's a standard POG (not reverse). Maybe that makes a difference?
Don't know how Toys went - I know it's been bad in the past.
Doing OTC now and still having problems with the left-most label on some reverse strips. Weird because the space is there on the strip, just with nothing in it.

Okay, so I'm taking back my initial premise that the label strips are better.
The most inconvenient thing I've see a few times now is a label with such tiny font for the DPCI that I can't read it. The price is legible anyway.
Scrunched up label where the product is big enough to provide plenty of room for a full-size label is another, although at least it's readable.

One would think that Target would have these things figured out by now. I mean, it's not exactly a mom-and-pop organization or a start-up with all kinds of bugs to work out. It's an established, very large company that *should* have these basics running like a well-oiled machine.

Ha! What am I talking about, right?

Okay, so I'm taking back my initial premise that the label strips are better.
The most inconvenient thing I've see a few times now is a label with such tiny font for the DPCI that I can't read it. The price is legible anyway.
Scrunched up label where the product is big enough to provide plenty of room for a full-size label is another, although at least it's readable.

One would think that Target would have these things figured out by now. I mean, it's not exactly a mom-and-pop organization or a start-up with all kinds of bugs to work out. It's an established, very large company that *should* have these basics running like a well-oiled machine.

Ha! What am I talking about, right?

Target has only recently taken over the process for creating label strips. They had been sourced out before so, yes, there are still bugs to work out. And they definitely want to get them worked out which is why they ask for any issues to be sent up thru ChatBot and even visit stores to see the problems for themselves.

Target has only recently taken over the process for creating label strips. They had been sourced out before so, yes, there are still bugs to work out. And they definitely want to get them worked out which is why they ask for any issues to be sent up thru ChatBot and even visit stores to see the problems for themselves.
Maybe I'll send one giant ChatBot message once I get all my sets done. I'm exaggerating, but not a lot.

My biggest pet peeve right now is the new label strips not having the UPC like the old ones did. That helps a lot when you're setting and trying to repush product without wasting time scanning everything.
I mentioned this after I did the previous revision for cough & cold meds. Someone else here, maybe @SigningLady ?, said that this is something that's being addressed. Sure hope so because I agree with you. (With all the new label strips I've put in recently, you'd think I would have noticed if it's been fixed.)

Let's do the labels in house and totally screw them up. Some strips have labels missing on the end. Then I have to take time to print those. But I have to look up the line listing to print them if I don't have the product. So yeah, I don't really have extra time to chatbot it up to correct other people's work failures. Cause no one comes help me with mine. Get it together. At this point, I let it roll. If this is the best Target can do with the label strips, let them be on the floor all screwed up cause I just got called up to help pull opus AGAIN. But the people whose job it is to do the label strips don't have to help there.

Let's do the labels in house and totally screw them up. Some strips have labels missing on the end. Then I have to take time to print those. But I have to look up the line listing to print them if I don't have the product. So yeah, I don't really have extra time to chatbot it up to correct other people's work failures. Cause no one comes help me with mine. Get it together. At this point, I let it roll. If this is the best Target can do with the label strips, let them be on the floor all screwed up cause I just got called up to help pull opus AGAIN. But the people whose job it is to do the label strips don't have to help there.
I hear you! And this is exactly my gripe. I don't know how the label strips are generated, and maybe it's way more complicated than I imagine. It probably is. But I expect they're getting paid way more than I am to know what they're doing, and it sure seems like maybe they don't.
Also, I gotta admit, that with the DBO model going away, I'm really having a hard time caring as much about my area as in the past. My back room space has been reconfigured in ways that make no sense at all, and it's just all falling apart in slow motion.
So the label strip people need to figure it out. They probably have the same mindset as the brilliant minds who decided they know how to structure back room space they never step into and use with actual product like 18 cases of cough drops and putting tiny items in open-front wacos so they can fall out all over the floor. So stupid.

I mentioned this after I did the previous revision for cough & cold meds. Someone else here, maybe @SigningLady ?, said that this is something that's being addressed. Sure hope so because I agree with you. (With all the new label strips I've put in recently, you'd think I would have noticed if it's been fixed.)

Yes, they are aware of the urgent need for UPCs on the label strips and are working on getting it back on there.

Model/UPC info should be on the upcoming PHAR transition regarding vitamins and such. Still a work in progress adding the data back in, medium priority with the ESS team handling this.
For me it's the constant issues with incorrect set direction. reverse direction on both sides.. it wastes my time because normally i cant use the labels, have to print them manually, and then there is typically a revision that corrects it a month later and its doing the same work twice. would be nice if that team can get the **it together

Speaking of label strips, the protection plan revision for my store is so off. It does not match the image or schematic what so ever. Section 1 expands into 8 ft.

Model/UPC info should be on the upcoming PHAR transition regarding vitamins and such. Still a work in progress adding the data back in, medium priority with the ESS team handling this.
I hope the UPC info comes back with the next OTC transition. Set vitamins today and not having it there makes pushing some of the Nature Made product kind of a bother.

Back