Archived BF Crowd Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowmotion

Presentation TM
So, I've taken and passed an online test for crowd management and was told I would probably outside monitoring the line. What can I expect for my first Black Friday? Does Target hire additional security or off-duty officers? An occasional difficult guest during a shift is to be expected, but idk how I feel about hundreds of rabid BF shoppers. :(

Target does not generally hire TMs for crowd management. The crowd management TMs include AP and veteran TMs who generally come from the process teams, though they really could be from any workcenter besides cashier and backroom based on my store's seasonal hiring practices.

I'm not sure about other stores, but we have at least one police officer present at opening. We're not high risk, but we're high volume and Black Thursday is a big deal in my neck of the woods.

BF Exterior Crowd Management:

- Target Store Levels 1 - 3 have to hire a minimum of 2 Off-Duty Officers or contract 2 Security Guards for the event. Most large stores (Level 1) will contract from 6 to 8..sometimes I've heard up to 14 Off-Duty Officers.

- Target Level 4 Stores are not obligated to contract any Off-Duty Officers or Security Guards but are SUGGESTED to do so. Most will because even ONE Off-Duty Officer with a gun is enough to deter any idiots.

Your Job.
-- Target must have a MIN of 3 to 4 TM's on the exterior crowd management list. They will do the following:
---- Every 15 Min will speak in unison about "speaking points" which are (Opening, C/O process, Where certain deals are, Red Cards etc...)
---- While not speaking, they will patrol the line and speak to guests about Red Cards and other various things
---- 15 Min before opening they will hand out tickets to the first people in line for the items they came for. Most will want TV's
---- Call out guests who are being a issue to the APL who will contact the Off-Duty Officer, who will shut that shit down immediately
---- Post Opening they will help move the line and after the line is died down, will tear down the barriers and head inside to patrol the inside areas or do whatever their AP and CML want them to do.

My Suggestion:
-- Have fun with this. Dress warm (if you are in a cold environment) and really just take it in. When I first started doing Black Friday I couldn't get anyone to do it. Now everyone wants to sign up. I get special shirts made (usually something corny like "I survived Black Friday 2014") and make sure they are having fun. Most people want to play Security Guard once a year and it's REALLY different then what most of them do on a day to day basis.

-- Also if you are interested in AP, this is a good stepping stone to get to know the APL or ETL-AP in your store.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

I get to do it again this year. It is so fun. They gave us this Target sweater and it is literally the warmest thing I have ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back