Am I dumb or what are BF hours 2020

Today is 11/10. As of now I have no idea when I’m working the week of 11/15. The employee schedule isn’t up. In part I guess because the Black Friday schedule isn’t published?

anyone with a clue yet what our Black Friday hours are?

I’ve worked for target 12 years now. And I’m pretty sure, even if I didn’t know my employee schedule, I knew what Targets BF plan was by now. Are we just opening at 8am on Friday? What’s the deal people?

Well, to be fair, this year is a bit different for, you, know, reasons...

Also, they just sprung on us extended hours starting next week, so that threw a monkey wrench into things.

Last edited:
Schedule for the week of 11/15 should have posted last week. Black Friday schedule should post at the end of this week.

Target announced a couple weeks ago that basically Black Friday will operate under normal business hours. So no opening early. Closing times may still be extended though.

Schedule for the week of 11/15 should have posted last week. Black Friday schedule should post at the end of this week.

Target announced a couple weeks ago that basically Black Friday will operate under normal business hours. So no opening early. Closing times may still be extended though.
Actually we were told we’d be opening an hour earlier.

Actually we were told we’d be opening an hour earlier.

My store already opens at 7 on a normal day and that is when we are opening on Black Friday.

Were going overnight! Truck must be done before 7am.

No one is allowed to work on Thanksgiving though. The earliest anyone at my store is coming in is 12:30am on Black Friday morning. And that's only for fulfillment, no truck until Friday overnight.

So is this all stores? Our schedule was posted but hours are the same. Granted we have been a 7am store for a while now. But no late closing yet?

I mean if they bring people in to push the stuff sure. But when my inbound guys unload one truck. Have to attempt to push random areas then go back and unload a second. And during the middle of that second unload I get 2 dbos in. I don’t know what they’re expecting.

Well, to be fair, this year is a bit different for, you, know, reasons...

Also, they just sprung on us extended hours starting next week, so that threw a monkey wrench into things.
Huh. I was scheduled 1:30-10:00 every day next week. When did they change store hours? No one't mentioned anything to me, but wondering now if I am working 1:30-11:00 instead and getting OT.

OR they are pushing you back to 2:30-11.

Store hours suddenly changed starting this upcoming Sunday.

Huh. I was scheduled 1:30-10:00 every day next week. When did they change store hours? No one't mentioned anything to me, but wondering now if I am working 1:30-11:00 instead and getting OT.
Yeah I'm scheduled till 10:30 everyday and when I asked my TL about it, she said "they've already contacted people to stay". They didnt ask me to stay, so either they are assuming I just will or they have enough. Maybe my butt will strut right out at 10:30 LOL

Yeah I'm scheduled till 10:30 everyday and when I asked my TL about it, she said "they've already contacted people to stay". They didnt ask me to stay, so either they are assuming I just will or they have enough. Maybe my butt will strut right out at 10:30 LOL
Yeah, no one mentioned anything to me either. Usually I close the service desk two days a week, and the other 3 I open or have mid shifts. We have another lady who works 6:00-10:00 at the service desk 5 days a week because she can't work earlier in the day due to her husband being at work and having young children.

Next week I at first thought she had the week off, when I saw I was scheduled 1:30-10:00 every day, then saw that most of those days she was also scheduled 6:00-10:00, and that they'd doubled up on service desk coverage. Closing TL told me she'd requested the double coverage so she could focus on running the rest of the store and ignore the front end and let it run itself.

But since then no one's said a word to me about staying till 11:00, so I'm guessing maybe they asked the other closer to stay the extra hour but not me since her staying an extra hour just pushes her from 20 hours to 25, and doesn't result in 5 hours of OT like it would for me.

They are paying OT in my store bc of Target's late notice. Plus, as I recall, wasn't Corp open to OT during Q4 anyway?

Back