Archived Bicycle Safe Ride Stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe Ride Stickers. Do these still exist? I'm on my last sheet and no one in my building can figure out how to order them, or if they are even available. The sheets I've been using did not have a part number on them like the previous ones did and, with turnover at the store, the person who last ordered them for me isn't with the company any more. So, does anyone know if Safe Ride Stickers can still be ordered? If they can, does anyone have a part number for them? If they can't be ordered, does anyone have any extra sheets they can send me 😊

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I had someone order some for me a while back, but they "never arrived". I have not attempted to reorder them. I have a couple old used sheets with the part number. If needed I can get that for you tomorrow

Part number would be great, thank you! I had old sheets with the number on it before, but threw them away when we ordered new ones because I assumed the new sheets would also include the number. If you are able to get it for me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much! I gave the info to one of the few ETLs in the building who can still order things, so we'll see how it goes.

Damn I had no idea about said stickers. I swear I had the least training on what to do with bikes after they are built. It's a joke.

Damn I had no idea about said stickers. I swear I had the least training on what to do with bikes after they are built. It's a joke.
Did you know you're supposed to do a weekly walk with your ETL to check the bikes on the sales floor for continued safety? I guess tire pressure, seat height, I don't know really. I don't do it and never have, but I know about it.

Did you know you're supposed to do a weekly walk with your ETL to check the bikes on the sales floor for continued safety? I guess tire pressure, seat height, I don't know really. I don't do it and never have, but I know about it.
my ETL would never do that and I never get given time to re air the tires on the bikes on the sales floor...they seem to lose pressure faster than the bike I bought and brought home...the hell is up with that lol so basically when a guest buys a bike thats been there long enough to lose pressure I look like a moron for not airing the tire up when I know I air every single one up due to me doing a test right before signing them and putting them on the floor by sitting on it and rolling it back n forth a few times...not even sure if it's allowed my my AP and STL both have seen me do it and don't seem to care..

5 hours/wk, regardless of how many we expect. Except when we expect the holiday shipment. After bikes are built I usually help push truck or set sales planners.

5 hours/wk, regardless of how many we expect. Except when we expect the holiday shipment. After bikes are built I usually help push truck or set sales planners.
yeah thats about the same for me but there are times where they just dont give me hours for it for a couple weeks at a time and they use me to just push truck...kinda sucks when you get backlogged with a shit ton of bikes and you never get caught up

Sorry fellow target tms but I would walk before I bought a bike from Target.
I probably would too because I commute by bike most days if the weather is halfway decent. But for a kid's bike or just to dink around the neighborhood, the bikes we sell are fine for that.

One of out TMs bikes to work and back. Burned through a couple of our bikes before investing in a highr quality one. Ours are for occasional recreation, not the daily grind.

I bought a bike I personally built when it went clearance and I've had no major issues with it. I also owned two before I worked at Target that I bought here and they were okay, too. A few issues but you get what you pay for.

One of out TMs bikes to work and back. Burned through a couple of our bikes before investing in a highr quality one. Ours are for occasional recreation, not the daily grind.
We should really only sell 24 inch bikes and below. The adult ones are all expensive as fuck and don't last any longer than the $100 ones on average. Waste of time and money to ride one of those.

I bought a bike I personally built when it went clearance and I've had no major issues with it. I also owned two before I worked at Target that I bought here and they were okay, too. A few issues but you get what you pay for.

The reason I said this is because my neighbor bought a bike for her granddaughter and on her first ride a pedal came off and she went down and broke her wrist.

The reason I said this is because my neighbor bought a bike for her granddaughter and on her first ride a pedal came off and she went down and broke her wrist.
Definitely ineptitude of the bike assembly TM, or of the guest service team if it was a return that wasn't inspected (I've found a few just put back on the floor before I got to check them for safety).
Pedals coming off is a rare repair/complaint in my experience. The TM I spoke of had issues with the brakes and the rear gears. Schwinn is better than Magna hands down on the gear system. If you buy a Target bike, spring for the Schwinn at least.

I'm not even sure how you screw up putting pedals on.
As @Ringwraith917 said brakes and gearing are issues that should be checked before you walk out of the store.
I would take it a bike shop and have it gone over, usually costs about $40, just to make sure everything is set right.

Its been awhile since I built bikes but since the quality control on the bike manufactures has dropped sometimes the threading isn't great in the crank arms, or the bearings are shit, and the pedals strip right out of the crank arms fairly quickly. I personally always check bikes out for people if I'm getting it down or answering questions for them but that is pretty rare these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back