Archived Big visit then a no show. How do you feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get told for a week or more that there will be an invasion of DTL's, STL's or Regional people so your store nearly kills themselves to get ready and they don't show up..

How does that make you feel? With this last visit, I feel honestly insulted and disrespected.. Why? We were told that our store is what they want to use to measure other stores against(sorry everyone). So we killed ourselves making it perfect and tearing up the store to make sure there were "NO Outs" everything flexed. ETL's having full blown panic attacks(ok I laughed at this) but we were thrown into a storm and then nothing..

Just wondering how ya feel about it.

We had something like this happen this week.. I go in every day and do my job...bust my ass etc. So, when they say so and so is coming and they ( etls, stl) start freaking out ...I think to myself well its another day to me. Honestly , when these big visits get canceled at the last minute...I find it somewhat amusing. I mean if they spent a 1/4 of the payroll they spent prepping for a visit..imagine how great the store would look each and every day....major visit or not .

I have had the 'no show' happen before. I never panic like the ETLs and the STL do as I think its kind of hilarious that we can't all be ourselves but I do think its disrespectful to 'no show'. However I'll agree with @dannyy315 we should be given more hours so it can look 100% all the time.

Given hours to do what we should be and how we should be doing the work is a given.. That is totally agreed.

I can't panic, its not good for my health honestly. But putting people through a week of panic and building them up for a huge visit, I'm trying not to be too specific but it was a bigger than normal one.. And then not bother to show up was kind of insulting.

We had that happen three times this year already with everyone from other DTLs to Samir Shah himself.

The last big visitor decided to go to a local golf course instead. We were told our store was going to be allocated those extra hours to get it ready. It turned out that since the visit did not actually happen they were counted against our payroll instead.

We were supposed to get a Tina visit earlier this year and she never showed. Our store went from not knowing who she was to worshiping her in the course of a week of preparation because the STL/ETLs wouldn't stop talking about how important it is for us to make her happy. There were entire huddles held instructing team members on how best to please Tina. It was pretty pathetic when they announced she wouldn't be coming after all. Our DTL did come by though, so at least we had someone to impress. The extra hours were certainly nice; I think I got 42 that week.

Yes, I do think it's pretty shitty that they get to put stores through such periods of total and utter hysteria and then can just decide on a whim to not even show up. I think it should count as an NCNS for them, lol.

Last edited:
We get get at least 1 visit per week, often more than 1. Our DTL is in the store regularly, and other visits with various other district and regional people happen on a somewhat regular basis as well. Of course leadership loses their shit every single time, as does anyone that's focused on impressing and moving up. I work hard every day, visit or no. Not to impress anyone, but because of personal work ethic. When I was newish, I'd think these visits were a big deal, but when they happen as often as they do, people with no desire to be abused in a position of leadership become desensitized to the entire dog and pony show. I don't step it up a notch for these visits, because I'm already doing everything I can every day. If they don't show up, then I still worked as hard as I would any other day, and it doesn't really affect me in the slightest that they went and played golf or had an expensive lunch on company dollar instead.

It stinks. However, everything is cleaned up, well stocked and organized. Hopefully you and your TMs can stay on top of things for a while and catch a break.

Depends.

It stinks if everyone freaks out, and puts more pressure on the tm's to accomplish all.the.tasks.

- or -

It's not so bad since I am a low man on the totem pole.

We just had our regional dude visit (Juan?) we prepared for a week.. He was there for 20 minutes....

One of the ETLs recently spotted one of HQs jets at the airstrip near our store. There were no announced visits in the area so the leaders spent 3 days in full blown panic mode, worried that someone important could walk in at any moment.

I can't remember who it ended up being, but the person ended up stopping in for maybe 5 minutes max.

Personally I don't give a shit who is coming, I am going to continue to do my job to the best of my ability.

I think they should do surprise visits to get a sense of how everything is working on a normal day, not with 150% more hours to prep the store with for a week or two beforehand. Even hold a fake mandatory conference call with all the ETLs as a distraction while they walk in.

We just had our regional dude visit (Juan?) we prepared for a week.. He was there for 20 minutes....

I can say dude I know what region you are in. Lets just say we didn't get 20min we got ignored.

They do surprise visits all the time. You know how many times our DTL visit team has walked through with normal clothes and not even the LOD noticed them? Its kind of annoying to have ETLs tell me I'm doing something wrong when they know they are there and then it never gets mentioned when I'm not. I usually just ignore them and go day to day.

Waiting to become an ETL when can I be in a dream team of people who don't want to be fake.

We busted our butts for a visit only to get bypassed.
To add insult to injury, they cut hours for the rest of the week.
I was working that weekend & it was a magnanimous suckfest.

Happened to us, once. Have superzoned one spot?

Super. Zoned.

Everything out. Re-did to plano.

Super. Zoned.

Nobody showed up.

As GSTL Super Zoning One Spot is the most frightening thing my boss has ever asked my team to do.

As GSTL Super Zoning One Spot is the most frightening thing my boss has ever asked my team to do.

My OCD and I would love to superzone One Spot. Super zoning the air freshener aisle (probably was never maintained) when I first started got me GTH three months in my Target career. I have also spent 8 hours in the pen aisle on my own accord (back when management didn't care what I chose to do).

We had a no show from Tina but I could have swore she was in my store once. We were between STLs and heard we were getting a female one. This woman looked like her and she was wearing red and khaki and had the biggest puss on her face. Thought it was the new STL but it wasn't. This was back before I knew who Tina was or what she looked like so when I first saw a picture of her I though "oh that's who that was" but everyone swears she's never been to our store.

I saw Juan when I was at my previous Target store in a different Region entirely. I just don't have feelings towards big wigs when they come in. Because 99% of the time they don't jump in and talk to us they talk to the STL/DTL and wait for them to come talk to us.

Even as a TL I'm not spazzing out when they come in, I just do my job and hope one day they might actually greet us with their possie just like they tell us to do with each guest that walks by.

I think they should do surprise visits to get a sense of how everything is working on a normal day, not with 150% more hours to prep the store with for a week or two beforehand. Even hold a fake mandatory conference call with all the ETLs as a distraction while they walk in.
Yeah, I agree. They need to get an accurate picture of what Target stores are like on a typical day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back