Archived Black Friday 2015 War Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing special at our store. Fairly calm for a Black Friday. Not sure of sales numbers, yet.

Talked to friends while picking up a few things & they said it was relatively tame compared to last year's frenzy.
Even our SB counter wasn't really busy.

Not as busy this year. We missed sales by I think $20,000 and our red card goal by a mile. We need something like 188 red cards between black Thursday and black Friday. Yesterday we got 39. Ain't no way we're getting 150 today.

You say that like barfing is a bad thing!

LOL

It definitely was not as busy as usual. At least in terms of foot traffic and the line. The line was about 1/4 as long as it has been previous years, not to mention the electronics line.

E&E makes everything so frustrating and unorganized at our store, and it's because the layout is absolute shite, they need to tear down our store and rebuild it.

All that aside, it was amusing to see the resellers get yolked up by state police after they bought up our entire inventory. They literally made a human barricade of this tiny little asian man and proceeded to push him out the door and the crowd started cheering and clapping. It was quite the sight to see. Also, there was this other officer at the boat who was just STUNNED like her facial expressions were EVERYTHING when she saw how many iPads these people were buying and the amount of giftcards they had. I also caught an extremely fake 100 dollar bill, I was hoping they'd arrest them on sight though.

Dud! We were way slower than last year. Last year we killed it. This year we missed our redcard goals by a lot. I'm assuming sales must have been off too. Highlight of the night was getting tons of delicious free food in the breakroom. Low point was not having a single guest for 2 hours at the Service Desk. Weirdest point was a crack head woman asking when I got off, and then saying "can I watch" after telling her the time. o_O

All that aside, it was amusing to see the resellers get yolked up by state police after they bought up our entire inventory. They literally made a human barricade of this tiny little asian man and proceeded to push him out the door and the crowd started cheering and clapping. It was quite the sight to see. Also, there was this other officer at the boat who was just STUNNED like her facial expressions were EVERYTHING when she saw how many iPads these people were buying and the amount of giftcards they had. I also caught an extremely fake 100 dollar bill, I was hoping they'd arrest them on sight though.

Holy shit! I don't get to see any of this @ FA.

I are with sadz...

She come into my lane and says "I'm going to be that guest and let you know there's still a sign for 20% off Toys from the one day sale yesterday. I know you're gonna have to honour it because it's still up there." and goes on about how it happened at another Target and they did it for her and god damn her tone was just the worst.

See, when that happens, all I hear is "I'm going to be a uptight cunt" and then I tune out.

5PM to midnight for me. Line person from 5PM to 7:30, then Apple Shop.

Apple Shop was fun. Worked with some TMs I'm friends with. Everything moved fast and smooth. Almost killed one guy. We had the electronics cage block the entrance to the boat, and sent each person to the register to get their Apple product. The guy who was getting stuff from the cage said we didn't have any iPad Air 2 64GB Golds. I found them around 11 when I went through and did a final inventory to organize for later.

We got Bob Evan's catering Thursday night. Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing. Pretty damn good and brought back water for everyone when I got back from break and I was looked up on like I was Jesus feeding the poor.

Best bit was the dumbass who thought that Target.com would be 100% accurate for items being sold. "I checked online and it said you had it and you're telling me you don't have it." I didn't want to deal with it, so I brought over the GSA that was in electronics. It took him two seconds to decide "yeah fuck this" and he got the SrTL who is renowned in our store for not being able to keep a fast fun and friendly attitude when stressed, so when he came by, the group of us working were all just ignoring the guests and just listening to the debate going on between SrTL and the guest.

Today just felt like it dragged on.

It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But boy oh boy was there a lady that pissed me the hell off.
She come into my lane and says "I'm going to be that guest and let you know there's still a sign for 20% off Toys from the one day sale yesterday. I know you're gonna have to honour it because it's still up there." and goes on about how it happened at another Target and they did it for her and god damn her tone was just the worst.
That's when I would've made sure the system froze up & crashed.
Oh, you'll have to wait in ANOTHER line while this one has to reboot.
#SorryNotSorry

I think I have everyone's war story beat.

My store had food catered in for us... AND THERE WAS NO HORSERADISH SAUCE OR CHEESEY SPREAD FOR THE ROAST BEEF.

Seriously, has civilization come to this? I sat there, on my break, choking down a dry roast beef sandwich.

*sigh* And my mother had such high hopes for me.

Poor communication between LODs, missed sales by a lot on Thursday, and crappy food in the break room. It got busy again at like 9/9:30am but was dead when I came in at 4am. Blah

A guest got piss at me because we don't sell accessories for every pre-paid phone that we carry. FU man!

I was completely shocked by how it busy it was at the dump. I got there at 2pm and chaos, chaos, chaos. Just wow. 34 FF orders in the PDA. I didn't clear FF until 830pm. I'm pretty sure I spent a little over 5 and a half hours pulling FF on the salesfloor. I was only in the backroom to pull the 5pm and 6pm CAF batches and to pull FF and then plug in the waves, crowns, and stackers. Did not have time to move the soda pallets on the line and no I was not going to stay until 10pm to move that shit. Fuck vendors and their messes. I stayed 10 minutes past my scheduled departure to pull 3 FF orders so thank you very much. From 2pm to 5pm, I was pulling FF orders. I was disappointed with guests. We had about 7 inches of rain in the lovely city where I live but it didn't stop them. If it had been 5 or 6 degrees cooler, all of that would have been ice and the store would have been dead as hell which I would have loved. It's only a 5 minute drive for me so I could walk if there was an ice storm.

Black Friday is one of the numerous things I hate about working in retail and I truly that this Black Friday will be my last ever in retail.

Oh and why can't Target put a limit on how many items in the store can be pulled as FF orders in a day? Guest service was a messy pile of fail. I felt bad for the guest service team members.

I was stationed in the front of our domestics/home, where the TVs were and first thing you see when you enter the store... The day before they were on softlines but our DTL wanted it moved onto the tiled area. Such a bad idea. That gave like about about 2 carts' worth of space left. And if it's the first thing people want and see, it creates a bottleneck. Chaos. People were climbing over racks for TVs. Crazy. And OF ALL THE STORES in the district, our DTL & HRBP decides to be at our store for opening.

Sales were pathetic. Really bad. I was sent for my meal at 8 pm (working 4:30pm-1:00am shift). Only problem was that dinner wasn't scheduled to arrive until 10pm. So all of us who had to come in early for last minute pulls didn't get anything to eat. Today we had yesterday's leftovers. Tomorrow (Saturday), pizza is being brought in but I don't work. We used to have a TM who would come in for free food, even if she wasn't scheduled. Pizza just isn't important enough to make me want to go in tomorrow.

Felt busier than last year but the sales did not reflect it at all!!! I swear we made more when we did a midnight opening!!!
We made 50k LESS from 6pm-Midnight this year than last year.
Had a guest complaint in electronics because he wanted a door buster tv at 7pm. I apologized and informed him about the ticket tv process and showed him the limited quantities print in the ad.
He responded "i dont care i saw a commercial and the commercial said nothing about limited quantities i recorded it and re watched it thats false advertising i want to speak to a manager"
"Actually sir that is me im sorry we dont have that TV anymore"
"Yeah you better be sorry"

I was stationed in the front of our domestics/home, where the TVs were and first thing you see when you enter the store... The day before they were on softlines but our DTL wanted it moved onto the tiled area. Such a bad idea. That gave like about about 2 carts' worth of space left. And if it's the first thing people want and see, it creates a bottleneck. Chaos. People were climbing over racks for TVs. Crazy. And OF ALL THE STORES in the district, our DTL & HRBP decides to be at our store for opening.
At least it was his idea and he got to see it fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back