Black Friday 2023

Haven't had DBOs in years at our store! We have a team of about 10 that is dedicated to picking OPUs and Standards plus packing/stowing.... that's not 10 per shift; it's a total of 10 tms to cover hours.
10?!

My store isn't high volume, but we have 35 Fulfillment TM's.

By some standards we're a smaller store (only 4 SCOs) and we even have way more than 10 too. OPU and DU and fulfillment in general are huge $$$$$$$$$$ for our store
We hire them, but they drop like flies. I don't know how many we should have, but that's how many we do have. We only have 4 SCOs as well.

By some standards we're a smaller store (only 4 SCOs) and we even have way more than 10 too. OPU and DU and fulfillment in general are huge $$$$$$$$$$ for our store
Same. 4 SCO, 8 registers, but I recall hearing we do the most driveups in our district. Also 37 fulfillment TM's, still hiring apparently, 2 more since Friday.

There was 1 class of new hires at the end of last week and those new TMs didn't get any hours to work this week. As I left the store I saw we had the new signs "We're Hiring! -- Part Time Heroes Wanted." We've had no other new hires
We have that Part Time Heroes sign setup too, makes me laugh every time I see it. Are we hiring firefighters or something....

I'm so confused how this is even possible.

Does your store not do driveups/OPU's? Just SFS? Super low volume?
Yes. Drive up is front end, not fulfillment and they are on that schedule. They do not do opu. One of our fulfillment tms does sfs. We have only recently started sfs again after it was discontinued following a remodel. We are not super low volume, just super low staffed. Today one tm was let go (poor performance) and one is out for medical reasons. We are definitely still trying to hire for fulfillment, just without success. Our entire area is hurting due to lack of workers willing to accept the hours/pay/schedule of part time work, whether it is retail, restaurant, medical, whatever and we are feeling this. Everyone is hiring, but we do not have any mass transit to our area from the metro area or even within the area so the pickings are slim. Most people want a guaranteed full time job with a set schedule if they are going to commit.

Yes. Drive up is front end, not fulfillment and they are on that schedule. They do not do opu. One of our fulfillment tms does sfs. We have only recently started sfs again after it was discontinued following a remodel. We are not super low volume, just super low staffed. Today one tm was let go (poor performance) and one is out for medical reasons. We are definitely still trying to hire for fulfillment, just without success. Our entire area is hurting due to lack of workers willing to accept the hours/pay/schedule of part time work, whether it is retail, restaurant, medical, whatever and we are feeling this. Everyone is hiring, but we do not have any mass transit to our area from the metro area or even within the area so the pickings are slim. Most people want a guaranteed full time job with a set schedule if they are going to commit.
I'm aware driveup is front end, but your store would need fewer fulfillment TM's if they didn't have driveups and OPU's to pick and just did SFS - that was why I asked, not because I thought Fulfillment TM's took driveups out to guests.

We have 37 Fulfillment TM's currently, if we had 8 we'd be completely and utterly screwed. We have far more than 8 scheduled every day.

I'm aware driveup is front end, but your store would need fewer fulfillment TM's if they didn't have driveups and OPU's to pick and just did SFS - that was why I asked, not because I thought Fulfillment TM's took driveups out to guests.

We have 37 Fulfillment TM's currently, if we had 8 we'd be completely and utterly screwed. We have far more than 8 scheduled every day.
The store closest to mine is a regular ole target. No pfresh, no super. It only has 2 packing stations. They get very little orders sent to them. They do around 30-32 Mil a year.

update: we've had 3 classes of new hires go through orientation and they are hardly getting any hours... I overheard our ETL mention to a new hire that hours are limited since we're over our budget for hours for the year.... and so that I could make my monthly 4 hr. shift I had asked another TM if she wanted to give away any hours... so I'm good for another 4 weeks.

I don't think the person writing the schedule got the memo that we're open until 12 in December because I'm scheduled until 10pm and 10:30pm all my shifts, and I work in toys lol. And they're 5.5 hour shift so I can't stay later because of compliance.

Edit: I brought it up with my leader and she literally didn't know we're open until midnight lol

Last edited:
Wednesday they gave us food. Today they just rolled in with food after I sat down with my food I bought bc there was nothing when I checked

Last edited:
I don't think the person writing the schedule got the memo that we're open until 12 in December .
I've asked a couple of leads and HR person if they've heard or received an email when the closing hours will be extended. They said they aren't aware of extended hours... My response to each one was, hmmmm I'm ODTM and even I know that hours will be extended... just want to know when it will start.... (I'm prepared to lose my job anytime I go in. 😂🤣 ) I really don't know how my store functions... Walmart comes across as being cleaner now...

Back