Archived Black Friday Ad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just a bad consumer. These deals are clearly the greatest of all time and by failing to recognize that, you are not a true Target Team Member. A plague upon your soul.

I hope you're kidding...

And part of me wonders..."WTF, Why is anyone still trying to sell the Xbox 360?"

Last edited:
I was really hoping for the spend XXXX # of dollars get a 20% off coupon for shopping the following week deal. I loaded up on groceries with that thing!

The
You're just a bad consumer. These deals are clearly the greatest of all time and by failing to recognize that, you are not a true Target Team Member. A plague upon your soul.

I hope you're kidding...

And part of me wonders..."WTF, Why is anyone still trying to sell the Xbox 360?"

The 360 if you want buy a machine for little kids or to use as a Netflix box. What I use my 2nd 360 for. Husband and I each had one so that is what we did with them.

Holiday Cracker is new and it pops ( I have had those on new years) so imagine the clueless guests who aren't paying attention and saying was that a gunshot or was that a firecracker?? Oh joy.....

so this 10% off gift cards thing.....

I know theres an official thread for this but it was mostly filled with grey areas.
what would happen if I had someone buy a target giftcard with their discount and use cash so technically it was 20% of the price point. then afterwards I bought a discounted chromecast (only thing I care about) and used my discount with the giftcard.

exactly how badly would this end up for me, does tps report this?

I was just thinking of using my discount with this deal but the idea struck me, if it risks my job or reputation I won't touch it

so this 10% off gift cards thing.....

I know theres an official thread for this but it was mostly filled with grey areas.
what would happen if I had someone buy a target giftcard with their discount and use cash so technically it was 20% of the price point. then afterwards I bought a discounted chromecast (only thing I care about) and used my discount with the giftcard.

exactly how badly would this end up for me, does tps report this?

I was just thinking of using my discount with this deal but the idea struck me, if it risks my job or reputation I won't touch it

You don't get a TM discount on gift cards when you buy them...only when you use them.

So you'll pay $90, get $100 on a gift card. Then you can spend like $110, use the TM discount, and then use the gift card.

Is it weird that there's really only 1-2 things in this year's ad that I find interesting?

You know, the TV's don't seem too bad. I just have a hard time imagining myself, finding time to actually watch it though :p

Just remember, if they are only sold at this time of year, they are made at poor quality so they can put a lower price on them. Find a tv that is on sale that is sold year round. Otherwise avoid them like the plague.

I might have to check out the hot tub in the ad...
We have one... It's great actually.

It was on sale, employee discount, welcome 10%, RC.... We got a great deal!

As for the ad, there were just a couple of things I wanted. I paid less yesterday for Infinity characters, so I was happy about that (I won't get my discount on BF). I was hoping for playset sales. Drat. Maybe online before Christmas.

The gift card thing sounds like a pain.... Even if the fine print is big.

Ohh, the gift card thing is on Friday. I read that wrong before. I still wanna buy one. 24.99 is a good price for the chromecast. I'd recommend the Roku stick or amazon's new Fire stick for people who don't wanna use their phone, tablet, or computer to control it, though.

Also noticing that not all of the soft lines stuff is stuff that's not on the floor which means it's not all sub par quality which is funny to say when comparing to other target items. But I swear the stuff they put out specifically for Black Friday is always cheaper than usual.

Damn mother-in-law making me tell her what I wanted for Christmas in October. I told her the chromecast!

Someone once told me there's certain items we can't use it on. I know a gift card is one but nobody could tell me what the others were.

I think gift cards is the only thing we cant use our discount on.
And discounted meat or whatever that's about, prepaid giftcards, iTunes giftcards, etc...
The meat with coupons? At my store we still get our discount on it. It was great for the chicken drumsticks, TPC'd to $2.24 a package, plus the $1 off coupon because it was going to be pulled that night otherwise, plus the TM discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back