Archived black friday crowd control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gained some insight into our crowd control plan at our store, I think the metering will be good at the door, but were wrapping our line for the checklanes, in and out of market (Old GM store that still has market near the checklanes). I forsee that not working out. Anyone else's stores doing this?

I can help but think of the news feed video of a Target opening up a BF morning. The ETL only opens one set of doors. Everyone starts running in a pretty steady pace. Then people start crowding up in the breezeway and fall on top of each other.

We had 2000 ppl in line. If we would have opened those doors many ppl would have been hurt! This year was surprisingly organized.

Ours was a breeze again this year. We had used painter tape with arrows & stanchions for guest line controls. It had worked like a champ!

loved the crowd control. ol' big blue next door had people getting tasered and they shut down, so the police and fire marshall came to pay us a visit to make sure we were ok. they wouldnt let anyone else come in until people started leaving. smoothest bf i've seen. we even had toys/chem zoned before we left.

loved the crowd control. ol' big blue next door had people getting tasered and they shut down, so the police and fire marshall came to pay us a visit to make sure we were ok. they wouldnt let anyone else come in until people started leaving. smoothest bf i've seen. we even had toys/chem zoned before we left.
Huh. Pretty much same happened at the Target I work at.

Wonder what chances are we work at same Target, then again... there are quite a few Targets which are located by each other. Would you possibly be willing to message me with what store number you're at?

(I highly doubt we DO work at same Target... but it'd be trippy if we did.)

As much as we all joked about the crowd control plan at our store, I can't say enough great things about it. It was by far the smoothest opening that I can remember.

The only problem was we had so many people working the crowd outside the store, making sure everything ran perfectly (and it did), that there weren't enough people inside the store and electronics turned into a CF before enough of us got inside to organize things.

For our sale items at walmart we had them scattered thougout the store and used yellow tape and orange cones to block off areas. So example for my laptop deal people had to ziz zag though three asiles to get to where the laptop is if they wanted a ticket. We of course were open 24 hours so people could just go right on in.

As for check outs. They blocked off both sides and you had to wait in a line that went though womans clothing and jewlery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back