Archived Black Friday: Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store was dead basically. I had 7 hours between shifts though so I slept on the floor of my office.

Yes but did anyone else get a truck midway through the night and get to push freight too? Actually glad for it bc although we were super busy, there were so many people scheduled that there was a lot of standing around.

Busy and a complete distaster from the get-go.

Our STL and leadership gave us the "pep talk" and told us we would have an opportunity to walk around the store to see where items were, so we can guide our guests. After everyone was done talking...oh great 2 minutes before doors open - great. Everyone scrambled to their areas.

I was staged in Hardlines, but my area was near electronics, so questions on the big doorbuster items were coming in left and right. Then what seems to be a "last minute" thing, a poor TM was pushing a flat of whatever remaining PS4s and XBOX bundles among a few other popular items. Right behind said TM was a bunch of hungry wolves guests stalking him, he staged them in a open spot in Softlines, and stood back and they tore up that flat.

After that spectacle, at least several registers crashed...so the line to checkout was extending deep into where I was at. Not too mention, the aisle was already cramped with shippers. A lot of unhappy guests.

Constantly on walkies- Has anyone seen where "x" is.? Do you know if you have any more of "y"? My favorite is when there was no response, and a frustrated guest already left. When I asked my ETL if we had seen a particular item in the ad - her response: "oh, ummm, I don't think we ever got that in. Just tell the guest we ran out." 😐 Yeah, you don't have to deal with the backlash of unhappy moms because we didn't get any of those Easels in.

And to the seasonal TM who I overheard telling the guest about a doorbuster item & simply told them we have a truck tomorrow-and assured the guest we should have "more of that stuff coming in"... I hope you do work today to back up your claim...

Not to mention the feast of bagels & chips in the Breakroom. Yum.

Oh, and our DTL paid us a visit. I truly hope he was here from the beginning to see the s**tshow unfold.

Oy. I pray I get through this season.

/rant

Today started out well. Store ran smoothly. Inevitable result of the only lead there being one salesfloor senior team lead in the building running everything. Things went downhill when the executives started showing up at 9.

We hit $249k in sales last night. I’m not sure how that is compared to everyone else, but we barely hit sales goals. Disappointing.

Last edited:
We hit $249 in sales last night. I’m not sure how that is compared to everyone else, but we barely hit sales goals. Disappointing.

$249?? You must have sold a PS4 bundle and maybe a controller to go with that?

Must be an Super Ultra Ultra Ultra Low Volume store. :p;)

Who really gives a shit? I mean - how does that help YOU as a TM?

Recognition? Dare I say - a bonus? A RAISE?

Sorry - I'm kinda bitter... and sad.
I agree for the most part, but higher sales usually results in more hours. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back