Archived Black Friday: Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have enough pack stations.

Otherwise things went well. People are upset about the lack of weighted blankets and pack n plays. The raptors are long gone. The DVD area is a ghost town.

We are up though so that is nice. I got/get to pack all weekend (and next week) so my life is great.

I agree for the most part, but higher sales usually results in more hours. Hopefully.

Our DTL walked around and drilled it to any TL he can. "HOURS ARE RELATIVE TO YOUR SALES! IF YOU GET MORE SALES, YOU GET MORE HOURS!"

Easier said, than done. Modernization does not help, because we're consistently behind on setting up planos and pushing product. Soon as my store got to moving Thanksgiving to the sales floor, it went straight to the end caps for clearance.

Currently on day 5 of 7 in a row. STL asked me to come in at 4am today to push freight. I'm the market TL, so... that's using market hours for the wrong thing. I said sure, then got home and called back to say nah..... I need some rest. Now I'm pushing freight on my normal shift and the group HR sees me, asks what I'm scheduled in. I tell her market and you can kinda tell she's not pleased. But at the stl, not me. :)

This year has been terrible thanks to the 8am push process. Our store looks like complete shit. When you reshop items, you find more reshop in that item's spot, so you reshop those things, and find more reshop in that spot....... and on and on lol.

Except market..... I got that handled :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back