Archived Black friday hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half hour before open to 4am at service desk (price matching nightmare, I assume), then back at 1pm to 8:30pm cashiering. I think the worst part will be on Saturday when I open at the service desk. I suspect the strays waiting for me to organize will bury me when I walk in the door! Oh, what a weekend it will be.

Good news for you! " Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22–24 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded." No price matching on BF Weekend, AFAIK.

Good news for you! " Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22–24 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded." No price matching on BF Weekend, AFAIK.

Oh, that's right! Thanks for the reminder! My job for the night just got a lot easier!

I was going to re-review the long list of rules next time I work, and would have discovered it then...but it's nice to know that I won't have to worry about anything but grumpy people for that time period.

Do what you gotta do man, no one takes better care of you than YOU. IMHO Family time is def. worth more than target time. Money comes and goes, when the people we love/care about go we don't them back like we do money. If you're not happy or fulfilled and you've got a solid follow up plan for your income than I say go for it!

-Zen

Yeah, like I said, I've made up my mind that despite being scheduled I won't be there. Some can say that I'm not making good on my commitment to Target as my employer but as far as I'm concerned they have a commitment to me as well. Not forcing me to choose between by family and my job should be chiefly among those.

I am in no way advocating that everyone should just skip work that day (although that would set a damn amazing precedent) but rather when I ask whether people have no fight in them, I am speaking to anyone who has to choose their job over their family. Like you said best, money comes and goes, we don't get back missed opportunities to spend time with family.

If there's anyone who has to choose between Target and family, and you can even remotely afford to miss that shift, do it. Call in sick, if you have otherwise good attendance, they can't fire you for missing one shift and if they do they've got a losing unemployment case on their hands. Don't let Target take time away from your family. On the other hand, if someone doesn't have to miss time with family, or you just don't care about having to work Thanksgiving, that's great I'm not begrudging them at all.

Once again, we as a Company have chosen to open earlier on Black Friday...We will now open at 9pm Thursday night...Ok, here I go...Once again Target should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for doing this. I posted last year, and again this year that we AREN'T any different than the other large box stores. We all know that we will be out of all the cheap door buster stuff within a few hours anyway...Last year we were busy for the first 4 hrs, then the store was a ghostown for the next 6! So why do it? Expend all that payroll to man depts that won't be busy, all to cut it back the next week? As a long-time veteran of Target I am completely disappointed, again, in my Company's decision to open early...I am a very loyal team member and one that has my team's back...They can count on me to be there, and I will. Pay me whatever you want, but after my guests find out we are opening up even earlier, THEY will complain LOUDLY to upper mgmt as they did last year...Family values? Nope...Work/Life balance? Nope...C'mon Target, we ALL work hard for you, GEEZUS! Give us one day..My rant for the day...

The guests can complain all they want. But if they are doing it after buying $500 worth of merchandise on Thanksgiving, then it won't do any good. Slowly but surely there are boycotts coming up for those days, but they are still small.

The guests can complain all they want. But if they are doing it after buying $500 worth of merchandise on Thanksgiving, then it won't do any good. Slowly but surely there are boycotts coming up for those days, but they are still small.

This pretty much. They could open earlier and earlier and the people that ***** and moan about it would still come because it is some sort of tradition or some other bs

My guess is that next year ,Target will be open regular hours on thanksgiving !
We are open every other holidays ,new years ,easter ,president's day ,memorial day ,4th of july etc ,why not thanksgiving ? 10 years from now ,Christmas day will be an another shopping day ,because retail stores could make a buck !why bother with family time ?
Didn't we chose to work retail ?
Don't we love getting paid holiday pay and ask for it ? ($50 more on a paycheck is well worth it no?)
Those 2 arguments are the one I see over and over on forums ,giving an excuse for retail stores to be opened !

Alright, as big of a negative nancy as i am about this - lets change the thread direction. i'm already resigned to getting no thanksgiving. that said - on a more "positive" note - what do TMs stand to make on "black thursday"?

Holiday Pay
Differential for overnight
Did someone say something about an extra dollar? Or were they just referring to shift diff?

Alright, as big of a negative nancy as i am about this - lets change the thread direction. i'm already resigned to getting no thanksgiving. that said - on a more "positive" note - what do TMs stand to make on "black thursday"?

Holiday Pay
Differential for overnight
Did someone say something about an extra dollar? Or were they just referring to shift diff?

we were told time and 1/2
1 dollar shift differential for overnight
and 1 dollar for anyone working anytime until 8am friday morning.
plus holiday pay if you qualify.

I work a 4:45 am shift to that afternoon....so I should make like a whole 3 extra bucks? Oooooo.

*Edit*

Or just 1 dollar? Because that is SO worth it. :wacko2:

on turkey day I work 8pm-12:45 and black friday I work 2pm-6pm... am I given time and a half plus holiday pay? how does that work?

Let's see if I understood what my stl said

Base pay $10 and a 10 hr shift ( 9pm till 8am)
time and a half : $15 ( $5 more )
$1 holiday pay and $1 shift diff until 8 am ( 2x10=20)
From 9 to midnight : 3 hrs 3x5 =15
Wow ,$20 + $15 =$35 ( minus taxes etc , maybe $25 more !)
Let's get rich !!!!

I just found out that a tm who has been working at target for the past 7 years ,is making less than $10 an hour !

my feeling is that any time I spend with family and friends is something I am grateful for, and I don't need a special holiday to make that any more special.

so if I see family on the Sunday before or the Sunday after, or any random Tuesday; I will feel honored.

It's a job, and where I live they are hard to come by.

Let's see if I understood what my stl said

Base pay $10 and a 10 hr shift ( 9pm till 8am)
time and a half : $15 ( $5 more )
$1 holiday pay and $1 shift diff until 8 am ( 2x10=20)
From 9 to midnight : 3 hrs 3x5 =15
Wow ,$20 + $15 =$35 ( minus taxes etc , maybe $25 more !)
Let's get rich !!!!

I just found out that a tm who has been working at target for the past 7 years ,is making less than $10 an hour !

After 3 years, two promotions, and two and a half raises, I'm barely making over $9... a net increase of ~$1 from base salary.

After 3 years, two promotions, and two and a half raises, I'm barely making over $9... a net increase of ~$1 from base salary.

After five years, two changes in work centers (not technically promotions), I was at $8 an hour. Barely made a dollar more from where I started.

Get more training in other areas. Overload the training meter is important for more $$$.

What do you mean by overloading the training meter?
I'm cross trained, officially in two areas, but I've picked up shifts in areas that I know I can work. Does having the "official" training papers done give you any raise?

I'm cross trained, officially in two areas, but I've picked up shifts in areas that I know I can work. Does having the "official" training papers done give you any raise?

By overloading the training meter, he means get cross-trained in as many areas as you can. Not only could you jump into higher paygrades, you could be more likely to get promoted to TL.

It also depends on the workcenter. If you're, say, a cashier and you're cross-trained in hardlines, there is no raise because cashier, Guest Service, cart attendant, and sales floor are in the same paygrade. If you want a raise, then learn electronics, pricing, instocks, plano, food service, or anything logistics.

so I am feeling a bit better with my 2 years and 87 cent increase (including the 25 cents that everybody who was at base got right after I had earned that amount with a review...poopie heads!!)

Suggested training:
Hippa training for pharmacy, chemical spill cleanup, back room certified, food ave certified, & Starbucks certified, just to name a few. I have a tm who has all of that except Starbucks, they got .50 cents with n07 pay grade for electronics. Then, they did all the electronics/entertainment training. They are only a part timer & work in hl with little direction. They have a real day job. They're doing spot for fun.

Cart mover cert, qmos quiz, backroom quiz, etc. The more you know, the more hours you have available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back