Archived Black Friday Hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really confused.
I know this isn't really Target related, but you know how people have been making a big deal over people working on Thanksgiving and stuff, how us having to be at Target by around 4 PM is a big deal...

Dollar fucking General is open 7 AM to 7 PM on Thanksgiving.

like seriously who the donk thinks YEAH I'M GONNA GET ALL MY BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING DONE AT DOLLAR GENERAL!
It's a big deal because Target keeps taking more and more. I would not be surprised if we open 7am eventually. Seeing as they don't give a shit about Thanksgiving what's going to happen when we decide to open Christmas morning for those last minute gifts. It's fucking ridiculous. And yup firefighters and EMTs and other essential services work holidays. Im sick of that fucking argument.

I am willing to bet it will be 6pm or 7pm, I guess we will know soon. I just wish they would tell us sooner since I know several TMs who live very far from family and would need to fly.

It would not shock me if one year we are open all of thankgiving and creep into Christmas... Christmas does not really bother me since I do not celebrate Christmas but I know everyone I work with, with the exception of maybe 7 do celebrate Christmas.

I wonder if Walmart stores that aren't opened 24 hours on a regular basis will be opened all day or if they'll open when the door busters start. Idk what they've done in the past because I'd never witnessed a BF until working at Target.

I'm really confused.
I know this isn't really Target related, but you know how people have been making a big deal over people working on Thanksgiving and stuff, how us having to be at Target by around 4 PM is a big deal...

Dollar fucking General is open 7 AM to 7 PM on Thanksgiving.

like seriously who the donk thinks YEAH I'M GONNA GET ALL MY BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING DONE AT DOLLAR GENERAL!
It's a big deal because Target keeps taking more and more. I would not be surprised if we open 7am eventually. Seeing as they don't give a shit about Thanksgiving what's going to happen when we decide to open Christmas morning for those last minute gifts. It's fucking ridiculous. And yup firefighters and EMTs and other essential services work holidays. Im sick of that fucking argument.

Agreed no one dies if they don't buy a TV.. And they are paid a lot better.

Update: we are officially ooening at 6 p.m. and flow is working a truck for replenishment of alll door buster sales later that morning

Well for electronics the big deals are xbox one for 329 and a 50 dollar gift card. And you get two free games when you buy a ps4. 119 for a 40" element tv and beats solo for 97. And also can't forget about the ipads

I got asked to open 6pm-11:30.... Then to comeback for a midday Black Friday in a "leadership role"

Prime Chaos hours, I will also be getting overtime, yeee

I hate 5.5 hour shifts. If my schedule is a 5.5, I'm not going. Then again, I said that last year when they gave me a 4 hour shift. Leaving thanksgiving early (for those of us who like thanksgiving and our families) for a short shift is a pain in the ass. I'm probably gonna go if I get a short shift, but I'm not gonna be silent about how pissed off I am about it.

I hate 5.5 hour shifts. If my schedule is a 5.5, I'm not going. Then again, I said that last year when they gave me a 4 hour shift. Leaving thanksgiving early (for those of us who like thanksgiving and our families) for a short shift is a pain in the ass. I'm probably gonna go if I get a short shift, but I'm not gonna be silent about how pissed off I am about it.
That's why it would be great to ask for volunteers or at least think about the preference of employees.

Me? I loathe a 6hr or more day. Mainly because I hate hanging around Target for a 30min unpaid lunch. I often strike a deal to work 5.75 hrs and go home 15 minutes early than sit on my azz for 30 min unpaid in a crappy break room

When you'll be sitting around before leaving for the bus stop anyway, a 4 hour shift is a waste of time and money (bus fare). I left my 4 hour shift early the other day because it was either that or sit around target for another 30 minutes and I'd arrived 45 minutes early that day. And I just... I can't go 5.5 hours without more than one break and I usually eat every 2-3 hours (not full meals obviously). I hate that whole 5.5 idea. I'm gonna eat dinner at 3 to come in for 67 dollars? Pshht

This week I only have 22 hours spread across 5 days, which means I'm spending $15 on the bus and an extra 10+ hours at target this week. It's bullshit because I could work 22 hours in 3 days then spend the other 4 days of the week with my niece and going around with my resume. I don't mind our break room... Or the cafe (actually with the new sbux it's tiny so maybe I do hate it) or Costco's cafe. And it's impossible to fit in doc appointments and shrink time when they waste 5 days on 5.75 hr shifts. If I drove, it'd be easier to do other things on work days.

Why do they have to have those stupid pop go the crackers just what we need....... Pop,Pop pop all over the place and guests will think it's a gunshot. If you do not know what I am talking about apparently they are giving out crackers ( the noisemakers for new years eve) and out pop a prize of some sort and apparently we are giving them out to guests according to the ad. Nightmare......

The Target press release says TMs will be given time and a half and bonus pay for Thanksgiving. Anyone know what the bonus pay is?

Last edited:
The Target Press release says TM will be given time and a half and bonus pay for Thanksgiving. Anyone know what the bonus pay is?

I'd be surprised if it was more than last year. (one buck an hour)

It's time-and-a-half until midnight, then $1/hr above your regular pay after midnight (overnight shift differential) until about 6am I believe.

Yes, the overnight shift differential is the "bonus." Pretty disingenuous.

I got a sweet shift. 5:30 til 11 Thanksgiving. 5 am til 1:30 pm Friday. Close Saturday and Sunday. All they have to do now is figure out what day I get off during the week. Otherwise, I'll be working nine EDIT - make that TEN days straight, Monday (before Thanksgiving) til Thursday after Thanksgiving. I'm already tired. But it's gonna be fun. It always is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back