Archived Black Friday Hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt88

Team Member
Does anyone know when we are opening on Black Friday, which we all know starts on Thursday. Please only respond if you are certain you know the exact time. I don't want people clogging this up with I think we are opening at this time or I heard a rumor that we are opening at this time. You either know or you don't. Thanks - Matt!!!

No one will know anything for sure until HQ actually announces it. There was a year the HQ told stores that we were opening at 4am. Everyone got their schedule written. Then about a week or less before Black Friday, HQ announced to the public that we were opening at midnight.

No one will know anything for sure until HQ makes a public announcement. So I guess you don't have to worry about anyone clogging up your thread since, again, all anyone has until HQ announces the hours are just rumors.

Target is one of the worst retail chains when it comes to this. They purposely hold out until the last minute to screw over their minion employees. Pathetic. And you wonder why Wal Mart beats the shit out of Target. Yes, I'm aware that Costco is number one. But WalMart is number 2. Target limps in at 3.

Target is one of the worst retail chains when it comes to this. They purposely hold out until the last minute to screw over their minion employees. Pathetic. And you wonder why Wal Mart beats the shit out of Target. Yes, I'm aware that Costco is number one. But WalMart is number 2. Target limps in at 3.

Heh, minion employee.. you inspired me :
vfnm4dv.jpg

I am not Spots cheer leader However, I don't think they are waiting to announce our opening time on Black Thursday just to screw us all over. They have been doing this the past few years..

6pm and will be open through midnight sat. Announcement to team and etls begin on Monday.
When you say midnight Saturday, do you mean 0000 Saturday or 2359 Saturday. Big difference there. I don't know of any stores that can staff for 54 hours straight (assuming a 6pm opening) and the rest of the week. My store definitely won't have the staffing for that kind of event.

Walmart is open all day on Thursday, just like they always have been. They just have their door buster specials coming out at different times.

Walmart is open all day on Thursday, just like they always have been. They just have their door buster specials coming out at different times.
I think you mean Kmart, not Wally world?

I can second @KingsKid - Walmart will be open all day but their specials start at 6pm with door busters going on throughout the night. Being open on Thanksgiving for Walmart is fairly new (maybe 6 years). I remember them not open until 6am on Black Friday (closed all day Thanksgiving). Apparently Kmart has been open on Thanksgiving for the past 23 years (read from Washington Post) - guess I don't shop Kmart enough to realize that.

I heard 6 pm too.

Holiday hours have to be posted on the front door no later than 11/14.

I think it's disrespectful to not give employees an idea of what time the hours are going to be. They can't plan their day...there are events on Thanksgiving Day. Should we do Thanksgiving earlier in the day, or can we have dinner at the same time? That kind of thing.

The other thing I don't like about them opening earlier is all the drinking people have been doing. We had some obviously intoxicated guests last year. Not to mention being out on the road with drunk people in a hurry to get a deal.

6pm and will be open through midnight sat. Announcement to team and etls begin on Monday.
When you say midnight Saturday, do you mean 0000 Saturday or 2359 Saturday. Big difference there. I don't know of any stores that can staff for 54 hours straight (assuming a 6pm opening) and the rest of the week. My store definitely won't have the staffing for that kind of event.

00 stores will be open for 30 hours straight

00 stores will be open for 30 hours straight

Sigma was trying to determine if you meant midnight saturday, as in end of saturday, or as in end of friday/beginning of Saturday.

I think our store could manage a 54 hour run, though it'd mean we'd have some people getting a good bit of OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back