Archived Black Friday midnight open?

• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no..... Very,very bad turn out at my store. Big crowd at midnight....... Huge,huge drop off after midnight! Sales floor people falling over each other because they had nothing to do, cashiers falling over each other because they had nothing to do. Please no.....

Yeah.... I was scheduled from 11:30-1:30 then 3:00-11:30 later in the day..... As I was leaving the store around 2am it was pretty desolate. I heard it was pretty much a wasteland until 8am, can't imagine it must have been fun for all those cashiers haha..

I'm on the fence about it I did a 10p to 10a and when we openend at mid we were steadily busy til bout 9am my store surprising staffed well for the midnight opening the only downside was they didn't have enough people scheduled for the 2nd half of that day due to the fact of having mini black Friday rushes at least 2 of them being almost 90mins long

I'm on the fence about it I did a 10p to 10a and when we openend at mid we were steadily busy til bout 9am my store surprising staffed well for the midnight opening the only downside was they didn't have enough people scheduled for the 2nd half of that day due to the fact of having mini black Friday rushes at least 2 of them being almost 90mins long

That's weird, because i worked from 10pm thanksgiving day till 5am black friday wanted to bull**** with the gstl's and TM's at my old store (i was fired a few weeks prior lol) and.... at 5:15am? it was dead. there wasnt even 5 cashiers up front Lol.

Instead of focusing on the opening time, I feel like spot should create doorbusters that are top notch, that outdo the rest of the retail market.. last years deals weren't all that great

NO! Spot should spend more money on those cute commercials! That will get people into the store!

We were hoping something like that would of happended but we were shocked it didn't & also we beat our goal by I believe 23% I hope they staff the same way again this year esp on sales floor it worked smoothly there also every person had a 10 isle section that they were in charge of to zone reshop & help guests once the intial line was done

We not only didn't make sales (despite the extra hrs), we didn't beat our red card goal from last yr.
This is stupid because Target keeps trying to go up against a 24-hr store that's done this for years; the 'door-busters' mostly suck; the few good ones were snatched by a few because leadership didn't enforce limits & pissed off a WHOLE lotta people.
Just ab-so-lute-ly stoopid.

LOL, I mean to me , Maria Bamford (Crazy Target Lady) isn't that attractive lol. Well if anyone wants you can join me in the call center at midnight and talk to people with their tech problems without having to look at them lol. Our team lead showed us this recently and it is so true!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be3alRoxkOo

We were hoping something like that would of happended but we were shocked it didn't & also we beat our goal by I believe 23% I hope they staff the same way again this year esp on sales floor it worked smoothly there also every person had a 10 isle section that they were in charge of to zone reshop & help guests once the intial line was done

I worked the night before Thanksgiving and I felt like it was our first Black Friday. Having to type DPCIs into an EXF pull and people just not knowing what they were doing. I think I closed Friday. I wish everyone was always in charge of a certain number of DPCIs to keep zoned.

I'm sure they do, but a) I was incredibly new and b) I very much need the money....so taking extra time off at the expense of being able to pay my bills wasn't a great option. Again, all I ask is if you don't know people's situations, that you don't assume the worst of them.

Uhm....okay? I was just asking a question. I wasn't really talking about your particular situation. My bad.

I just hope I get midshift this year, I did when I started out as seasonal, and then last year my new ETL thought it would be a good idea to have his "best people" open at midnight. While I am flattered, I still rather would have been mid. Mid Black Friday is the best because you get to get up early to get all the deals, come into work for 8 hrs, do your thing, and get the heck outta Dodge! Oh well I guess it could be worse, at least I don't close Black Friday's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back