Archived Black Friday Pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. If I'm scheduled to come in at 12:00 am for Black Friday and punch in at 11:55 PM, would I be subject to Time and Half pay as it would technically still be Thanksgiving at the time I punch in? Would the time and a half only apply for 5 minutes until it hits 12:00 am or would I get time and a half for all hours worked for my Black Friday shift?

I believe it will only be for the 5 minutes for holiday pay. The rest of your shift should be regular pay plus a shift difference if your state has that.

You're going to get .50 cents extra since your shift is before 0400. No holiday pay because your shift is not going to 'fall' on the holiday (those who do ad-set on wed. night into thurs. morning gets the holiday pay)

You're going to get .50 cents extra since your shift is before 0400. No holiday pay because your shift is not going to 'fall' on the holiday (those who do ad-set on wed. night into thurs. morning gets the holiday pay)

Plus those working flow & backroom on Wednesday night into Thursday. Yea, me!!! :)

Shift differential depends on your store. It's $1 more per hour at mine, so check with your HR about yours.

Openers at our store are being scheduled at 11:30 p.m. on Thanksgiving and our shifts will be entirely time and 1/2 plus overnight shift dif. They told us it was a little "thanks & sorry" for the late notice for those who actually spend the holiday with their families.

Openers at our store are being scheduled at 11:30 p.m. on Thanksgiving and our shifts will be entirely time and 1/2 plus overnight shift dif. They told us it was a little "thanks & sorry" for the late notice for those who actually spend the holiday with their families.

That's very cool of your E's.
Just wondering how they go about tricking the system into paying everyone time and a half (or getting permission to pay it).

That's very cool of your E's.
Just wondering how they go about tricking the system into paying everyone time and a half (or getting permission to pay it).

I don't see how they can do that - payroll would be nightmare - all manual keying - taking hours

I don't thinks it's the right thing to do

I HIGHLY doubt that's a true fact for the time/half holiday pay for the entire shift.

I go in at 0600 on Wed. for some HR stuff so I will try and remember to ask and get the clarification if it doesn't come before then.

Some of our shifts start at 10, others at 11 on Thurs. I think I'm scheduled at 4 pm Friday night:girl_wink:

Hmmm... I'm working a Wednesday 4p-12:30a Thurday shift, then back at 11:30p Thursday-Friday 8am shift. How much of that will be holiday pay?

Holiday pay

:smoke::smoke:You will be paid Holiday pay for your entire shift if you punch before 11:55 pm....works the same way as shift dif.....

If you've been with Target for a year then you get holiday pay on Thanksgiving even if you don't work. Christmas day too.

:smoke::smoke:You will be paid Holiday pay for your entire shift if you punch before 11:55 pm....works the same way as shift dif.....

no? I've talked to plenty ETL's and a TL and they all said only time worked (15 minutes if starting at 11:45) will be payed time and a half. after that its just pay rate + O/N differential. My store is 1 dollar extra an hour.

Plus do you really think target would let that slide? they barely give us hours why would they want to pay us extra when they don't have to

If you've been with Target for a year then you get holiday pay on Thanksgiving even if you don't work. Christmas day too.

That's not true. If you are considered full time (avg hrs>32), then you'll get paid holiday time. It has nothing to do with how long you've worked with the company.

That's not true. If you are considered full time (avg hrs>32), then you'll get paid holiday time. It has nothing to do with how long you've worked with the company.

Wait, what? This is the first I've heard of that. What I've heard is that we get paid time and a half aka holiday pay for any time worked during the 24 hours of Thanksgiving, and that's it. Do we get paid as if we worked our average daily hours that day, at our regular pay rate? That's how my other jobs have done it but I can't remember how Target does it.

You only get paid if you work the hours unless you are an E.

The perks of being an O/N Logistics store, just got home. Nice and easy night at Time and a half pay. AND Direct deposit went in after midnight.

Hmm, I must have posted in another thread but I thought I did reply here.

Anyhow, to clarify, you will only be paid holiday pay for any actual time that falls on the holiday.

That being said, if you come in at 10:00PM and work till 10:00AM you will get 2 hours of the holiday pay, plus shift diff for starting before 04:00AM

Same goes for coming in at 11:55PM, you will only get 5 minutes of holiday pay.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back