Archived Black Friday Shopping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.target.com/p/rca-8-andro...-core-processor-black-rct6573w23/-/A-16255880

Is this any good? Can decide between this and a iPad Mini. Never owned a Tablet...and all I really want it for is to play Games...lol. My kids will also be using it too, namely a 4-year-old.

I've never cared for iPhones. Have always been an Android user so I can't decide which is best. I like Google play.
I literally just bought one when the black friday pre-sale was going on. It is a little on the slow side but it isn't terrible.

It just came out less than two weeks ago. And it says in the ad that quantities are limited and there are no rain checks, which means after next weekend we will likely never see another shipment. That means this item is made specifically for Black Friday. That means it's made cheaply so it can be sold cheaply.

i have all the generations of ipads

When it comes to mainly for gaming, ipads are far superior in my opinion

But computer wise i wouldnt recommand macs because the operating system is just horrible for gaming, i have both mac book and alienware laptops

Last edited:
If you like Android you'll probably want to stay with them. We have an IPad and it works well. Tons of games for all ages and the kid appropriate games are fun.

If you go with Android, the galaxy tablets are nice. Hp is ok, and the Surface is debatable.

Target has deals throughout the year to get a gift card with purchase of iPad. We used their trade in program and got $200 for original iPad, $75 giftcard, and price cut on iPad.

iPads...hands down. My kids love'em. My 10 year old has the mini, my teen has the regular one. They're worth every penny. They're quicker, perfect in waiting rooms (make sure you get a case! Survivor or Otter). Honestly, you'll never go back. This year, we're going for the mini for my other kid. They really do bring a little peace and quiet. If they download the same apps, they play together and I get to use the bathroom in peace. THANK YOU MINECRAFT!!!!

about 146 hours till the mayhem begins
article-2237187-162EA67D000005DC-750_634x467.jpg

From 2012:
Outburst: A crowd gathers as security guards break up a fight between angered shoppers waiting in line before the doors open at Target in Bowling Green, Kentucky

My friend has the kindle fire hd and needless to say she hates the thing ( of course it isn't a rca tablet besides the point) she says the graphics are god awful and she would never get a tablet ever again unless it was a ipad or a quality tablet.

http://www.target.com/p/rca-8-andro...-core-processor-black-rct6573w23/-/A-16255880

Is this any good? Can decide between this and a iPad Mini. Never owned a Tablet...and all I really want it for is to play Games...lol. My kids will also be using it too, namely a 4-year-old.

I've never cared for iPhones. Have always been an Android user so I can't decide which is best. I like Google play.
If you want a good android tablet I'd recommend a nexus 7 or 9.

The nexus 9 is newer and a bit expensive, but you can probably find a 2013 nexus 7 on ebay for cheap (they were $199 when new).
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_9_black_16gb_wifi

Like others have said, the RCA is a cheapo black friday only deal. It'll likely be forgotten and never given any software updates, it's purpose is simply to get people to come into the store.

My question is...Would I get in trouble if I tried to get first dibs by entering through the employee entrance?? Haha.

Man you think they'll run out of iPad minis quickly? I mean do we get a huge backstock of them or is it just limited quantity? And since I'm working flow overnight thanksgiving, will I be able to get some then if I missed out?

My friend has the kindle fire hd and needless to say she hates the thing ( of course it isn't a rca tablet besides the point) she says the graphics are god awful and she would never get a tablet ever again unless it was a ipad or a quality tablet.
I've had 2 Kindle Fires. My 1st died on me so I turned it in & upgraded to the HD. Love them both. My only complaint is the size. Both of mine were the 7 inch.

My question is...Would I get in trouble if I tried to get first dibs by entering through the employee entrance?? Haha.

Man you think they'll run out of iPad minis quickly? I mean do we get a huge backstock of them or is it just limited quantity? And since I'm working flow overnight thanksgiving, will I be able to get some then if I missed out?
I wrangled the apple line last year. We ran out of most minis and most airs within about an hour and a half, two hours. We still had people in line asking about them around midnight.

I'd say you won't, sorry.

Shopping in store outside of your lunch (and ONLY ON LUNCH) is grounds for instant termination, along with hiding merch. Bring a jacket that isn't in target colors if you intended to shop.

I'll be working overnight. I however will be able to shop at 6 thanksgiving and Friday morning at 630 when I'm off!

What about the Samsung Galaxy Tab Lite 3? Since it's on sale right now for $99. I really would like to stick to Google Play. I heard Google is totally kicking Apple's ass right now.

I also didn't fail to notice the Galaxy Tab 4 is priced at $149.99 but the Galaxy Tab 3 is priced at $199.99 ??? Makes no damn sense but I ain't complaining...

We are an iOS family, it makes not a lot of sense for us to try to switch.

That said, my boyfriend isn't. I've watched him, as a cheap techy, have issues with two off brand android tablets. His current one struggles to not crash while doing basic browsing. I swear, my old iPad 1 he was using was doing better - and I replaced it because it kept closing things on me.

It makes sense to stick with what you already are using - unless of course you don't have a to of money invested in the App Store.

But I'd definetly go with a name brand tablet. Except for nabi. Worst customer service experience I have had - I was thankful for the end of January return date at Best Buy that year. Returned them and bought refurb iPod touches a generation back (4th gen) and they are still using them daily 2 years later.

Oh, and that experiment cured me of any android envy. Just say no, I shall stay in my walled off garden happily eating forbidden fruit :p

I think if you try to be the first one or two you might get in trouble but if you have more than a 10 minute wait to get into the store as a guest and go in the employee entrance and wait in the breakroom for about 10-15 then enter I don't think anyone is going to notice.

If they let you in. Not saying anyone would do it, but they could check the camera, check the grid, and say "nope". Or let you in the first door and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back