Archived Black Friday Shopping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have android phones, and An ipad mini. Like the ipad for a tablet, not a phone, weird right? But as for trying to go in the employee entrance to gain an advantage is not only cutting in line, but grounds for instant Termination. Not worth it in my opinion.

Lol I already knew I'd get in trouble. I just wanted to see what y'all would say. I'm sure someone has done it and that's why we now have the rule lol

But I've decided on the iPad mini 2. Now I can only hope I get my hands on one.

We have one of the original minis and the kids love it! I think I'm getting a mini for one kid, but I cannot decide. One small one big? Two small? Oh the choices....

Happy shopping!!

Not suggesting it by any means but if you wait a few minutes until there are 100 or so people in the store you could very easily get whatever you needed. Its going to be so crazy no one will even notice. Just make sure your red and khaki is well covered.

I went to a new target and they were out of the chromecast, when they did a store check it turned out most stores around the area have received the black friday shipments - some were showing 146 units - I work on black friday how much hope do I have to get my hands on one?

I didn't even think about tax! Ughh...Now I wonder how much the Mini 2 will cost after tax and my discount.......Will Guest Services be open as well? Might have to return some stuff to rebuy with the gift card.

Weird enough only about 8 people in line at target at 1PM today, last year we had about that many at Wednesday closing time.

I got it. :). But damn was that line long. And I wanted to punch all the ignorant ppl in line.

Target,Wal Mart, and Best Buy have really good deals on DVDs and blu rays.

I had to buy a child a shirt for family pics, and had one wanting to shop for some stupid reason. I concluded buying a shirt tonight would be the better option than tomorrow....

Oh boy did I get crap. It was the first time I'd talked to the STL since I'd given notice. They were short cashiers.... I think he was ready to buy me a red shirt tonight to put on. The funniest part was my ETL asking me if I worked later. Um, no, I quit remember?

Wal-mart was a clusterfuck. They lost the pallet of Xbox games. They didn't know they weren't supposed to ring people up with tickets at the check lanes. Line to get item after getting the ticket didn't move. Since we paid for ours in the front, an associate got us an xbone from the back so it was much faster and we didn't have to wait. I think we were supposed to get a gift card though. We also have a receipt with no serial number, so hopefully it works.

It makes sense to stick with what you already are using - unless of course you don't have a to of money invested in the App Store.

I'm bitechtual, personally. ipad, nexus (stock android > htc sense > fire os > Samsung touchwiz > lg whatever their skin is called > sony's skin ...OEMs skin android so unless you only rock with stock, no two manufacturer's software and features will be the same). I think most people associate android with touchwiz, though they don't know they do because normal people don't know what touchwiz even is. I don't use all the same apps on my tablet as I do my phone so I don't feel like any investment is hurting me. Plus I use google's survey app for play store credit.

The idea of having the same UI in big and small just sounded so boring to me. I love both platforms for different reasons though.

It works for some people.... We have hundreds of dollars worth of iOS apps, ok, probably more. I'm not adding it up. :p I'm a firm believer in paying to not have ads, and I'd rather my kids not have ads in their games. Thankfully iTunes cards make great gifts! And we wait for sales.

Android and I just don't get along.... And I'm worried about that because I'm going to have to use one for my new job. You will probably hear me screaming at it at some point :p

Yea, I probably have spent a grand on the play store and App Store between apps and books and all access (google's spotify competitor). I had an app that showed me how much I've spent on the play store, but I had to delete it because that knowledge was too much to face. I pay most of my play purchases on my tmobile bill just so I won't notice the money lol. Some apps I do have multiples of, though... Reddit apps, Twitter apps that sync across platforms, keyboard apps (a waste because I went back to default keyboards on every device).

When you get an android device for your new job, stick to stock... Go with nexus or Motorola. They're less cluttered, simpler than any other OEMs, get updates promptly, and they're low on bloatware and gimmicky features. And they're not subpar brands. Nexus is google's line of devices, but other OEMs do the hardware for them. The software is stock/vanilla still, though.

I refuse to ponder what I have spent mo kindle books. No way, no how.

:p

I just spent 99 cents tonight on an app that was on sale... Sigh, I had been doing so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back