Archived Black Friday Walkout

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion is to put in your requests for time you want around Easter, Mother's Day, Father's day, Memorial Day and Fourth of July as early as possible and enjoy those times with your family. While busy they aren't the black out dates for days off that is the Thanksgiving four day weekend and the time leading up to Christmas. Your family knows you work retail. Schedule a special time in January or February to give thanks.

I.... don't work any of those holidays lol. I put on my application that I didn't wanna work holidays and they've mostly been honoring it. I've worked like two non-thanksgiving holidays in over 3 years. I expected them to ask me to change it in the interview.

My family's just so effing fun. Things that are lame with other people are a riot with these people. So when that application asked my preference I figured it was worth a shot.

We were all asked if we were interested in working on Thanksgiving. We usually get a lot of volunteers so a lot fewer people won't get scheduled if they don't want to work. I can't imagine the repercussions of walking out when the crowds are lined up, waiting to be let in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back