Archived BLACK FRIDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
sf.Halloween-11_.jpg

There will be a turkey dinner provided to all of the TM's inside of the breakroom! LOL but on a serious note...

What kind of schedule is the flow team going to have on black thursday/friday, and what is expected of the flow team on those days?

There will be a turkey dinner provided to all of the TM's inside of the breakroom! LOL but on a serious note...

What kind of schedule is the flow team going to have on black thursday/friday, and what is expected of the flow team on those days?
I'm afraid that will vary a great deal depending on your store. Depends on when you take a truck and how many. My store will have one truck, and most flow tms will do truck as well as cashier or SF. Last year, I had a flow tm in Starbucks.

Lucky I can say this is my first thanksgiving in 8 years that I won't be spot. Won't even go shopping Thursday night. Hopefully spot will change their minds an open later thanksgiving night instead of 6pm or earlier

It really depends on your store, but at mine last year we took a truck so everyone was brought in at 10pm on Thursday to push the truck, left once it was done and then came back at midnight on Friday to take the next truck.

I think all stores should just close. It sucks that stores like Gas Stations or similar can't close because people basically need them in case they get stranded or urgently need gas if they're travelling by car.

What NXT mentions is so true, cyber monday is a thing. I think Black Friday-Sat-Sun-Cyber Monday should just merge into one big shop fest.

Mall of America is closing on thanksgiving and I heard many malls are thinking of doing the same and a few businesses are also refusing to open on thanksgiving why can't spot do the same? Oh right needs money he doesn't care about families.

My local newspaper interviewed a retail analyst who youth that next year, he majority of retailers will not open on Thanksgiving due to lack of demand. He felt that most people go out for the doorbuster at one particular store and then go home. I highly doubt it will be early than 6, as the backlash on social media would be horrendous and spot I see already facing backlash from his year.

....and every year since they decided to jump dates into Thursday.

The ONLY way retailers will roll back from opening on Thanksgiving is when consumers decide they don't want to SHOP any more or when it's no longer profitable.
Ain't gonna happen, Cap'n.

I've given up on celebrating Thanksgiving. Last year I cooked for myself and my BF and I had to dash out to be at work at 3:30pm. I speant a day and a half in Target. By far the longest shift I have ever worked in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back