Archived BLACK FRIDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never intended too, but I asked to put Thursdays on unavailable off and they approved and Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday. Am I happy? Sort of. I just hope I actually get the days leading up to it off so I can actually travel to see my extended family lol,

Ok I'm just going to leave that there.

But just know that they will likely schedule you anyway. All bets are off for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

Hopefully not. If not I'll claim outside availability had other plans lol and probably get fired. I actually don't mind my job at Target so far so maybe I shouldn't pass myself off as uncaring of that happening.

I also realize I have 0 IQ for not being able to insinuate thanksgiving falls on a thursday.

Not working Thursday, Friday or Saturday. It's my usual Friday/Saturday off, but I wasn't counting on them honoring availability so I put in for days off 3 months ago. Approved and page printed. Would I like the paycheck? Sure, but I'd rather my children have family gatherings as part of their childhood memories. I just have a thing about that.

Hopefully not. If not I'll claim outside availability had other plans lol and probably get fired. I actually don't mind my job at Target so far so maybe I shouldn't pass myself off as uncaring of that happening.

I also realize I have 0 IQ for not being able to insinuate thanksgiving falls on a thursday.

If you really want it off I would talk to them. Just expecting them to honor availability when its usually all hands on deck is unlikely.

I have evenings unavailable and they didn't schedule me on my first Black Friday at Target because they knew that restriction was due to another retail job. Most people get scheduled for it regardless of availability unless they know beforehand that you have something else going on that still occurs on a national holiday.

We've already been asked about availability for black friday/thanksgiving. I had fun on thanksgiving, and my family always celebrated thsnkgiving on black friday growing up(parents both had jobs that paid double time on holidays) and we still do, so im taking the time and a half +1$ no problem.

Also does everyones store throw them a feast black friday weekend?

Ours does! I probably won't be able to work double/triple shifts this week as I have two jobs now, but we'll see how that goes when the time comes. I said I'm fully available. I have no plans to travel again until next year.

A feast of nasssstiness. They use this terrible caterer every single year. The breakfast in the morning is fine, but I bring thanksgiving leftover food if I get a meal. The times I opened with 5 hour shifts, I just took like a slice of sweet potato pie and ate before I went in.

My store usually provides decent food. Always have pop and water and then catering. We've had Panera a couple times and then Bob Evans once.

It depends on who we can get to make food for Thursday, but there is always real food. For the early hours on Friday, pastries, cereal, a couple crockpots of soup. After 10 or so Friday, back to catered food. (In years past Boston Market, Olive Garden, local Mexican place, etc). Saturday and Sunday are Pizza or subs usually.

Yep, our STL and her husband cook up a full Thanksgiving dinner for the entire store and bring it in on Thursday evening. Fri/Sat/Sun we do bagels and pastries or fast food breakfast sandwiches in the morning and catering for lunch/dinner.

It's safe to assume they blow the entire food budget for the year in the 4-5 weeks leading up to Christmas.

My old store always had QDoba for TGiving. About midnight the QDoba dude would come in with refills so the overnighters got fresh stuff. Last year the store got cheap and just had deli sandwiches from the grocery store across the parking lot...ALL weekend. To make matters worse, they ran out.

I'm already getting in the mood to slap the next "do you have the Hatchimal" idiots. I dont care if the website says we have 1. There isn't any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back