Black Friday

Corporate policy on the website and on signs at my SD specifically state that:
  • Price matches and adjustments to competitors will not be allowed for prices valid from Thanksgiving Day through the entire week after Thanksgiving (11/28/2019 – 12/07/2019).
Some stores interpret that to mean we match to T.com only, others block all price match entirely, including to T.com.

We did no to door busters, no to 4 day, no to amazon deals but our own website, yeah but with the exceptions already mentioned.

My ETL said last year that the online black friday deals started at 2am Thursday morning. Maybe for Redcard holders only? Can't remember. I was out of town and wanted the Nintendo Switch Mario Kart bundle and she recommended ordering it before the store opened. I ordered that morning, and the online version was sold out before the store even opened that afternoon. My sister's family takes us all on a mini-vacation for Christmas, and the only time we can ever get all of our kids together and off school at the same time is over Thanksgiving, so I work in the evenings on black friday, after we get back from out of town, cleaning up the place and restoring order.

I just signed up for MBA classes for the winter trimester and conveniently, I have classes on Mondays Thursdays and put myself down as unavailable those days. Maybe they’ll honor that on Thanksgiving, lol. Don’t mind working the Friday.

You will be eating pizza and/or tacos.

For Black Friday, they schedule people like crazy, and, after a couple hours, there aren't nearly as many guests (probably equal to a normal Q4 Sat/Sun) but there are still a LOT of TMs on the floor. So, the best use of most TMs' time is used having them eat tacos (and/or pizza).

here they come , get ready for madness
giphy.gif

Pouring-through-the-doors.gif

What burns me most about BF is seeing people drag their toddlers around store to store at 3am in below freezing weather.

I remember when I worked at walmart they let you in to grab your stuff, you just couldn't buy it until the set time. we had people with their kids asleep in the carts and junk (tvs, big boxes, etc) stretched over top of them

I personally loved the packs of Drunk Black Friday Karens that had been marinating in chardonnay all day like a holiday turkey. So much more pleasant than the everyday lone, I Need to Talk to Your Manager Karen.
Last yr it was two 60+ yr old women in tight fitting, full pink bunny costumes unzipped a ways (nothing on underneath), with the hood with ears up, and a slight wobble to their walk. Truly the only person who loves a drunk is another drunk.

Last edited:
What burns me most about BF is seeing people drag their toddlers around the store to store at 3 am in below-freezing weather.
The worst part about that is the reason they're doing it: they don't have anyone to watch them and they can't afford a babysitter... yet they are out there buying Chinese made BS.

Yeah...I was less than amused with the scheduling for the last BF I worked at Target.

I was scheduled from 5 PM - 2:30 AM Thanksgiving
And then from 9 AM to 11 PM the next day.

The GSTL? His only shift was overnight between my two shifts.
Hmmmm.... I thought that there had to be 8 hours between you closing, and returning the next morning ?

I enjoyed working Black Friday, did 7 of them. I'd still be there if the original mgmt was still there. New ETL's and TL's were horrible nasty people who drove out 90% of the old staff. We were fine with the new way, the people were unbearable. Couple of U-Boats full of dry grocery? Bring it on baby!

Back