Black Friday

Maria Bamford is a gift to this world <3
Lifting the full baskets and doing crunches on the big red ball just crack me up every time! And how she freaks out while reading the ad, and the pep talk in the mirror - the whole commercial is just genius.

This one and the old Staples back-to-school commercial set to the song "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" are probably my favorite commercials ever.

I'm pretty sure he was just giving an example. Any popular product would work...

I'm pretty sure he was just giving an example. Any popular product would work...
Targets Black Friday deals are pretty comparable to every other retailer soo obviously if they sold anything 50% off while everyone else was selling it for 30% would result in more sales. kind of a moot point

Evidently you've mistaken me for someone who gives a crap about BF. I was defending Dannyy's post about Apple that you felt the need to school him about.

:)

Evidently you've mistaken me for someone who gives a crap about BF. I was defending Dannyy's post about Apple that you felt the need to school him about.

:)
No I did not mistake you for someone who cares, I’m aware you’re a grump and typically don’t have many productive comments in here. I wasn’t “schooling” anyone just pointing out Apple never has sales.

I imagine I was a 'lil spiffier before my stage IV diagnosis... go figure.

Targets Black Friday deals are pretty comparable to every other retailer soo obviously if they sold anything 50% off while everyone else was selling it for 30% would result in more sales. kind of a moot point

In that all the sales across the board are boring as shit?

Like none of these doorbusters look like actual "doorbusters".

In that all the sales across the board are boring as shit?

Like none of these doorbusters look like actual "doorbusters".
I definitely agree with that. Nothing really that made me say wow. Some of the electronics are cheaper than you can find them the rest of the year but not worth it.

An Xbox for $199 with a game is nothing to sneeze at. That'll sell. Quickly.

Went through the ad and saved about a dozen things to my list. Maybe not holy fuck balls I can't believe how cheap that is, but a sale is a sale. I'm looking forward to getting some stuff I want and knocking out my Christmas shopping that weekend.

Yeah exactly. And Target could discount it if they want, they would just take more of a loss on the sales. But I think increased foot traffic would make up for it.

But yeah, take any popular product like a Nintendo switch, slash the price to $199.

The echo deal looks good though, $59 for that ain’t bad.

Last edited:
Back