Archived Black Thursday 2015

What time will Target stores open on Thursday?

• Regular hours

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 3:00pm

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • 6:00pm

Votes: 113 54.9%
  • 9:00pm

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • midnight

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • not opening on Thursday

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sure do wish we'd be closed!

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to one of my ETLs, the rumors for Black Friday are Target will open on Thanksgiving day at NOON.

I hope this isn't true. Anyone heard anything?

I will go ahead and cast my suspicion here. Though I am a former TM, I wan to go ahead and say it will be something like 3 pm. I know when I worked at Target, they started the early thing of 9 pm on Turkey Day. Costco will be closed on Thanksgiving (which I am not sure if they have always been, but that adds another big retailer to the list). For Target to make that decision (which I know many of you know there isn't a chance this would happen) it would take a miracle. But then again, if everyone made a stance not to shop on Black Friday, then Target would still be open in hopes of those few who decide to shop that day. I will be enjoying the holidays with friends and family because I am fortunate enough to have a job that is closed on the holidays and does value family/employees.

I think 6pm, but honestly I'm done with target. I requested a vacation for thanksgiving weekend which they miraculously approved, and after that I'm finding another job and quitting. My local Apple Store has a few positions available and they're closed on thanksgiving, plus they pay better.

I think 6pm, but honestly I'm done with target. I requested a vacation for thanksgiving weekend which they miraculously approved, and after that I'm finding another job and quitting. My local Apple Store has a few positions available and they're closed on thanksgiving, plus they pay better.
They pay a whole lot better.

The Target app for iPad has been updated to support the black Friday ad. I wonder if someone can find the opening time in the code of the app, haha.

We got a Redwire that mentioned SFS orders will continue to drop normally on Thanksgiving and that TMs should be scheduled to come in 2-6 hours before the store opens in order to pick them all while the store is empty.

It also said they would need to be packed by the regular cutoff time of 4:30pm CST, but the wording on that part was kind of vague and could have meant 4:30pm Friday.

We got a Redwire that mentioned SFS orders will continue to drop normally on Thanksgiving and that TMs should be scheduled to come in 2-6 hours before the store opens in order to pick them all while the store is empty.

It also said they would need to be packed by the regular cutoff time of 4:30pm CST, but the wording on that part was kind of vague and could have meant 4:30pm Friday.

Wow, that stinks!

So basically there's no time off for anyone...save for the salesfloor and cashiers for a few hours. Nice. Really nice.

Wow, that stinks!

So basically there's no time off for anyone...save for the salesfloor and cashiers for a few hours. Nice. Really nice.

My family won't be getting together until the weekend, so I have no problem with doing my normal job...but with the store closed...while making time and a half.

It's still too early to tell how it's going to play out, but I already told my ETL-HR that I'm interested in the earliest shift available.

I would like to think with all the social media craze that next year we will be closed on Thanksgiving day. This year though we will most likely open the standard hour or 2 hours before Walmart. I really don't get it as we stay open 2 days and make less or the same amount as if we would have if we had an early 4 or 5am opening. Last year we had a good strong 2 hours of busy and then just DEAD from 12am until about 10am black Friday. So why waste payroll and electricity for pathetic deals that have been the same for at least the last 10 years?

I would like to think with all the social media craze that next year we will be closed on Thanksgiving day. This year though we will most likely open the standard hour or 2 hours before Walmart. I really don't get it as we stay open 2 days and make less or the same amount as if we would have if we had an early 4 or 5am opening. Last year we had a good strong 2 hours of busy and then just DEAD from 12am until about 10am black Friday. So why waste payroll and electricity for pathetic deals that have been the same for at least the last 10 years?

The problem is, is that everyone knows that the average person spends most of their money at the first place they go. So that means the general merchandise stores that have nothing special to offer have to keep pushing to open earlier and earlier. And those of us in the middle get screwed. Again.

In a perfect world we would have special online Thanksgiving deals and then actually open ON Friday. But my guess is 8pm. I think the backlash against holiday retail greed is starting to gain true momentum. Target's image still isn't perfect and they can't afford anymore tarnish on it. I don't think we will be the store to push the envelope.

All I know is that I don't know how we are going to be able to staff it. I complained to my ETL that I was getting more hours than usual and he said that we're low on people and the seasonal applicants just aren't there.

the seasonal applicants just aren't there.

Last year I was hired as seasonal during the first week of November, along with plenty of others. This year we don't seem to be hiring any seasonal TMs. That being said, I am so NOT looking forward to getting my schedule for Thanksgiving week. I honestly don't mind working Black Thursday, last year I opened as a cashier and it was nbd. There is a sign up in TSC saying all TMs are needed for Black Thursday/Friday, but as always if you're the right person/the ETLs' BFF, you won't have to work it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back