backstock
research the aisle you pushed
pull your research batch
push said research.
backstock
get another uframe OR pull/push the CAFs

throw in some reshop at some point. its EZ

This is how things are going at my store, we are a 4am store:

4am: 1 team member comes and pulls the autofills, unloads and stages fresh/frozen order. Once team member is done with autofills, they push them then joins the "wave"

5am: 3 team members come in, re-push all fast movers, frozen, dairy autofills, then breakdowns market order and pushes it. Once market order is complete they start working out the U-boats.

6am: 1 team member comes in at does SDA/fills milk/cleaning routines/re-shop/places market order/ TPC's

10am: 1 team member comes in and backstocks the market order, then backstocks anything from dry grocery. This team member is responsible for doing 12-stepping/pulling RSCH, ExFs, pogs, and dayside cafs. (That are all market)

2:30pm: 1 team member comes in, re pushes fast movers, updates yellow dots, does the fill in pfresh, reshop, and zones any hard hit aisles.

We get an FDC order every day. It's overwhelming when we have a fresh & frozen truck on top of dry grocery freight.

howre you guys having issue with this?
you push the autofills.
then push the truck push.
backstock
pull your research batch
push said research.
backstock

I think the main problem is with leadership and delegation of procedure. No one at the top knows what they're doing, that trickles down and then everything is being done shoddy and haphazardly. Aka clusterfuck of responsibility. It's going to take an organized leader to drive this monster forward.

This is how things are going at my store, we are a 4am store:

4am: 1 team member comes and pulls the autofills, unloads and stages fresh/frozen order. Once team member is done with autofills, they push them then joins the "wave"

5am: 3 team members come in, re-push all fast movers, frozen, dairy autofills, then breakdowns market order and pushes it. Once market order is complete they start working out the U-boats.

6am: 1 team member comes in at does SDA/fills milk/cleaning routines/re-shop/places market order/ TPC's

10am: 1 team member comes in and backstocks the market order, then backstocks anything from dry grocery. This team member is responsible for doing 12-stepping/pulling RSCH, ExFs, pogs, and dayside cafs. (That are all market)

2:30pm: 1 team member comes in, re pushes fast movers, updates yellow dots, does the fill in pfresh, reshop, and zones any hard hit aisles.

We get an FDC order every day. It's overwhelming when we have a fresh & frozen truck on top of dry grocery freight.

Ahh what are yellow dots????

I think the main problem is with leadership and delegation of procedure. No one at the top knows what they're doing, that trickles down and then everything is being done shoddy and haphazardly. Aka clusterfuck of responsibility. It's going to take an organized leader to drive this monster forward.

team building starts with the leadership. if that fails everything else does.

Ahh what are yellow dots????

they are for the fast racks. fast selling items will be placed on them and pushed regualrly through out the day. this is to speed up replenishment.

@Rock Lobster do you guys organize the uboats and zone as you push dry or just push?

Well, now that the Market Team is in full swing, the flow team is the one that organizes the uboats off the unload. We then push them all out and stage them in their aisles. The market team pushes everything and will just touch up zone as they go (nothing major), but we are a high volume ST. I have had 4-5 full uboats for just aisle one! They touch enough stuff that its basically kept itself zoned with minimal night staffing. We take an RDC/FDC every single day right now, so its a ton of freight.

Daily, we have a food leader come in at 3AM, he gets a large group at 4AM (some go straight into FDC and others go straight into Uboats), and then a few trickle in at 6, 8, 9, and 10 and then we go down to 1 closer (2 on weekends still).

team building starts with the leadership. if that fails everything else does.

they are for the fast racks. fast selling items will be placed on them and pushed regualrly through out the day. this is to speed up replenishment.
Then all my milk and bananas need yellow dots We sell about 200 gallons of milk in one day. That's no joke.

Well, now that the Market Team is in full swing, the flow team is the one that organizes the uboats off the unload. We then push them all out and stage them in their aisles. The market team pushes everything and will just touch up zone as they go (nothing major), but we are a high volume ST. I have had 4-5 full uboats for just aisle one! They touch enough stuff that its basically kept itself zoned with minimal night staffing. We take an RDC/FDC every single day right now, so its a ton of freight.

Daily, we have a food leader come in at 3AM, he gets a large group at 4AM (some go straight into FDC and others go straight into Uboats), and then a few trickle in at 6, 8, 9, and 10 and then we go down to 1 closer (2 on weekends still).
Yes the idea is for Flow to organize a little bit of the Uboats, ofc that can be easier said then done when unloading a truck but for the most part we kept our down to 2 asiles a piece or less so we split it by asile. Consumables took all of flows most experienced grocery pushers to do their push so they can recognize boxes and push from uboats with minimal organization and steps. Organizing is not worth a second touch of the box because you need to basically negate the amount of steps you would have taken in the time you organize and push vs just walking over a pushing. Keeping it with-in the asile works well enough. We bowl out our cereal and snacks asiles because those boxes do we worked faster if they're bowled out as the boxes are easy to open.

It's just a shame that our Flow TL has basically had to take care of the whole process because the ETL in charge didn't do crap(wasn't an ETL log in charge just a salesfloor ETL), so the
Flow TL helped the consumables TL with the scheduling,
morning routines,
getting them to make sure to start backstocking right after pulls(limited equipment they're lucky to get 1 PDA so it needs to be in use the whole time),
set up plans for storage of the uboats,
how we're dealing with doubles because we don't have enough uboats for a double truck,
setting up the fast rolling racks for the fast moving product based on feedback from his former TMs,
even going out of their way to help the consumable TL build the racks because they weren't built at the start of the rollout,
changing the line and escalating the issue of changing the line and custom blocks to the STL because the ETL didn't change it in time for the rollout.

Basically the flow, backroom and consumables team ate shit for 2 days before the Flow TL decided to run the show so we could come clean for once. Which only started a couple days after that because custom blocks take 72 hours to turn around and redoing the scheduling of the entire consumables team required a lot of phonecalls and begging. Luckily the one thing the Consumables TL did do was train all of the TMs on every aspect of the job so we had that going for us. Our ETL log went on vacation 2 days into the rollout, had a trip planned would not back out of it given it was already paid for. Flow TL was so pissed about the whole thing.

Pfresh/the coolers seem to be in lot better shape with the grocery team but dry market is doing terrible. They never worked out the morning autofill, and there was still a few uboats of freight left over.

howre you guys having issue with this?
you push the autofills.
then push the truck push.
backstock
pull your research batch
push said research.
backstock

You forgot, Milk, TPC's, Sanitizer, Couponing short-dated meat, Re-weighing I meat, if on TPC or priced differently.

Honestly however, the way you wrote it is the exact way I used to open market with the above "flexed in"

3 team members to push the entirety of dry mareket
1 tm (when it's me it's an 8 hour shift, when it's anyone else it's a 4 hour) to pull/push autos or pull autos/backstock all of the truck push.

I'm split between autofill/backroom shifts and the market opener since I'm also a PA. The Pfresh team only has 2 or 3 TMs plus 2 PAs and a TL who are usually never scheduled at the same time.

set up plans for storage of the uboats
This is something that's been bugging me. Where the hell do you store them all? We already have more tubs than backroom aisles to put them in front of. All I can think is just shove them down the grocery aisles in the backroom.

This is something that's been bugging me. Where the hell do you store them all? We already have more tubs than backroom aisles to put them in front of. All I can think is just shove them down the grocery aisles in the backroom.
We took of the shelfs and one of the sides with the cardboard bar then we slide them under the steel, everywhere possible. A few are just kept over in pfresh in the coolers and ambient room along with the shelves, sides and cardboard bar. When the truck unloads we fill them up making sure to give them room to slide the other side and the shelve back in. They take the shelf and one of the sides off when done with the Uboat and slide them back under the steel that is pretty much the worked out deal. Either way backroom wanted more tubs not new equipment that they aren't suppose to use and vendors love to use(they love them less now that we took all the shelfs and othersides off, extra bonus to that plan.

You forgot, Milk, TPC's, Sanitizer, Couponing short-dated meat, Re-weighing I meat, if on TPC or priced differently.

Honestly however, the way you wrote it is the exact way I used to open market with the above "flexed in"

AH! at my store the PA still does all of that. the market team tackles the dry. the only thing the market team does in pfresh would be the autofills for dairy and freezer. deli, pro1, and anything else the PA

as for where UFRAMES go ... take off the side without the cardboard holder and roll them under the steel nearest the line.

During the unload the boats fill up so fast we just put freight where ever it will fit. We have a boat for every aisle and very little room to maneuver. Add a bunch of noobs at the front missing their freight- you just want to get it done.

During the unload the boats fill up so fast we just put freight where ever it will fit. We have a boat for every aisle and very little room to maneuver. Add a bunch of noobs at the front missing their freight- you just want to get it done.

How many uboats are you using during the unload? I have 17 total vehicles for grocery during singles and even on the heavy grocery days I haven't had to pull any off during a truck (some are full, but still sorted)?

then the issue is/was with the team building speak up or stop complaining.

I came in for a closing shift today. Food team not only did NO backstock, but no one has ordered since I last did it (I haven't worked since that day) and there were still several vehicles of push. Oh. And someone left a full green rack of perishables in the ambient room so I got to toss all of that. I've been working on backstock all day and I've barely made a dent. Luckily they made sure to schedule people to help me out! Oh wait. They didn't. People are already talking about quitting. Really loving this new food team.

Did I mention that I'm the only one who's trained in PFresh? Because I am.

/rantover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back