Archived Botched Market Rollout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

To no one's surprise, mine least of all, my store was not prepared for the market roll out that just began today. Now, I'm no stranger to rolling with the punches and adapting around here--let's face it, that's what we do here at Spot.

But when I mean there wasn't a plan, I MEAN THERE WAS NO FUCKING PLAN.

-no process for u-boats
-no other dedicated food TMs knew how to do the basics (pull, push, back-stock, research, create batches, etc.) NOTHING.
-Leadership at my store is a fucking joke. Straight up from the STL all the way down to the couple TLs we have.

It was up to me to not only do my my job that morning, but to also train the ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM HOW TO DO A,B, and C when, as a store, we should have been on X,Y,and Z processes.

And the fucking TL who was supposed to spearhead this whole operation is on vacation. NO chain of command. And the ETLs there aren't stepping up. This is abhorrent leadership, the worst I've ever seen in my entire life.

Just wondering if there are any other stores like ours that are experiencing a similar clusterfuck.

According to the company, the documented layout for roll out processes states that ALL DEDICATED FOOD TEAM MEMBERS SHOULD BE SCHEDULED TO BE TRAINED FOR THE ABOVE TASKS STARTING:

AUG 23rd.

Yeah, it's day 1.

If Spot really, and I mean really gave a shit about the stated 30% of sales that market allegedly constitutes, you'd think people would give a shit.

Our first day for the roll-out was Sunday and like you said we weren't prepared. One certain day we had and I shit you not 30 ETLs all throughout the district come to our store to "TRAIN" our store for the roll out. Turns out that day was just a huge circle jerk for all the ETLs & STLs and they did not train our CTL or food TMs.

Luckily my experience isn't as bad as yours; my CTL was ex-flow TL so he knew how to work the dry market truck and before hand he hand picked trusted TMs to join the food team. We are still in a learning process but we have a team that is ready for the work load and it is already becoming a shit show of responsibilities. My CTL is doing his hardest and I trust him till this company burns to the ground but I can tell the work is withering him away.

Hopefully things work out for your store man. If you have any questions regarding the process feel free to ask and I'll give you my run down on how we do it.

This should be a food team mega thread.

We are still in a learning process but we have a team that is ready for the work load and it is already becoming a shit show of responsibilities. My CTL is doing his hardest and I trust him till this company burns to the ground but I can tell the work is withering him away.

Elaborate, please. What's going on in your store?

My store is number 1 in my district and still NO market team at my store I guess we are doing something right

Elaborate, please. What's going on in your store?

The new market pilot whatever you want to call it, gave new responsibilities to the "food team". First off, we are responsible for pushing the market side of the flow truck, that's what the fancy u-boats are for. Flow still takes care of unloading the truck all we do is go in and work on the push. We also have to backstock anything food so basically everyone on the food team has to be crossed trained in every work center.

How it's done at my store:
Double truck days(FDC & Flow): we have roughly 5-6 team members including the CTL for the most part. We have 2-3 people working on the flow truck, same processes bowl and go a box per minute etc however when we bowl we zone the department as we go so in order bowl zone go. We have one team member working on pulling and pushing autofills. The other team members starts working on the FDC truck. Roughly we have everyone working full shifts these days. When the zone and flow truck is done we have 2-3 people working on the backstock + FDC backstock as well. For research, we are not doing that at the moment, STL said there is a new research method that will be used later on so we are waiting on that.

Single truck days: we are looking at 2 less team members just pushing the flow truck. Market closer works on zone and cafs (pushing & pulling).

For the most part it is a lot of work and the food team cannot slack off, there is to much work to fuck around and my CTL enforces that heavily. Everyone on the food team got roughly 50-75¢ pay raise which is okay.

As long as the food team consists of interal steals from flow, backroom, and possible hardlines TMs, the process will be 100% times easier since everyone knows what the fuck they are doing. Having a dedicated and supportive CTL and hard working team members really makes any task a breeze.

We're supposed to be rolling out the Market pilot, but the only change I've seen is I've seen a u-boat in use twice (once in meat, once in dry grocery). No increase in Market TMs. I strongly suspect that the training hours were spread throughout the store to raise hours instead of being used to train people.

I'm glad that my store isn't the only one. As the only person on my team right now who has sales floor/pfresh experience it's been rough.

5 to 6 TMs. That's what we have 4 days a week just for the 1200 piece FDC trucks. I sure hope when this rolls out in my store we get at least 10 total team members.

5 to 6 TMs. That's what we have 4 days a week just for the 1200 piece FDC trucks. I sure hope when this rolls out in my store we get at least 10 total team members.

My store is a p-fresh and store with FDC averaging to 450 pieces so it varies by store size/volume

Sunday was rollout at my store. Flow couldn't unload the truck at all because the bay door was busted. Fortunately for me, I can do most of what it expected (which is why my ETL really, really needed/wanted me on the team). I never learned pog so I can't do that lol. The guy who is in at 5am with me was flow, so he knows backroom processes . I showed him how to QMOS expired stuff on the mydevice real quick in case he ever has to. I was told we will have more people soon, but the past couple days, it's been 4 people doing everything. When I left yesterday, there was still a three tier left from the autofills, two uboats on the floor, some light research and caf had just been pulled. Safe to say we need more people lol. My CTL is gonna ask if I can come in an extra day this week but she needs approval because it would be OT.

Last edited:
Our first day for the roll-out was Sunday and like you said we weren't prepared. One certain day we had and I shit you not 30 ETLs all throughout the district come to our store to "TRAIN" our store for the roll out. Turns out that day was just a huge circle jerk for all the ETLs & STLs and they did not train our CTL or food TMs.

Luckily my experience isn't as bad as yours; my CTL was ex-flow TL so he knew how to work the dry market truck and before hand he hand picked trusted TMs to join the food team. We are still in a learning process but we have a team that is ready for the work load and it is already becoming a shit show of responsibilities. My CTL is doing his hardest and I trust him till this company burns to the ground but I can tell the work is withering him away.

Hopefully things work out for your store man. If you have any questions regarding the process feel free to ask and I'll give you my run down on how we do it.

This should be a food team mega thread.
MEGATHREAD - Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

they didnt train our store until last week, and flow suffered for it. but flow struggles daily anyways so thats a big meh.

as for anything else, were doing okay at my store. we have enough uframes to be loaded with all the inbound product, they push it and research and push that. before any push is done the autofills are pushed out.

CNS/FDC runs smoother now too with more people. in fact, if we had 2 more scheduled during that process, market would be all the better for it. its in no way perfect, but with grocery it never will be but thats the nature of the beast.

We had been unloading with the u-boats and working product straight off of them for a few weeks now with the normal flow team. It actually went pretty fast since we didn't have to spend tons of time bowling and our payroll/staffing was so bad we barely got anything bowled during the unload before we got them in. We got to just go straight out after the unload and start working.

The market team started on the live date, but we already had sorting down so it went well for them, they just need a few more people to make the shifts shorter (more early morning 4-8 or 6-10) but otherwise fine.

Did this rollout months ago and it was a mess at the time too for every store doing it with us. The team actually completes their process now on a regular basis. It takes a while to get down though.

Seems like a nightmare at my store as well. Is there a new designated leader or lead position for this? I'm just wondering who's supposed to take the helm?

1d6fb4aeff74fbe61bd0471fdedbd6dcfb8bd866734a169a4b1d812acc0752e1_3.jpg

Seems like a nightmare at my store as well. Is there a new designated leader or lead position for this? I'm just wondering who's supposed to take the helm?

There's supposed to be a new TL for the food team. At my store it's the old Food Ave TL.

There's supposed to be a new TL for the food team. At my store it's the old Food Ave TL.
Did your store already have a Consumables TL before the rollout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back