Brag thread. You're awesome and you know it

I'm always filling soft lines pogs when I have the occasional regular soft lines shift and I'm doing good on zone/reshop.

For some reason our flow team seems to be allergic to backstock.
Some of ours are too, but I think it stems from our former TL. Back before e2e, I was pushing in grocery one day and he calls me over to show me that I could fit 2 more little packets of something on the shelf - so it didn't have to be back stocked! Except when I was working in the same aisle a couple of shelves over, what fell off a shelf but those extras that he thought could be shoved on. He was TL for flow and back room, and really pushed hard to have minimal back stock, even if that meant overstocking shelves. Chemicals and Pets are the worst in my store - detergent bottles lying on their sides on top of others, pet food bags sliding off the top of the pile because they don't really fit, etc.
As for the pat on the back part, when I was cosmetics branding TM (also before e2e), my STL told me that our cosmetics sales were up 30% over the same time period previous year and gave me credit for doing such a great job with zoning and researching. Yeah, those were the days.

Ugh. That's so irritating, as a HL TM. The locations have quantities for things for a reason. Sometimes a location really can hold more than the capacity, and I always change capacity to reflect that, but Flow should be filling to location capacity; not to minimize backstock. The aisles look like shit if they're overfilled and people can't find stuff because nothing is where it belongs and guests get pissed because stuff moves over into slots with lower prices so they're surprised at the registers and so on.

If I have a few minutes in the signing room waiting for a batch to print I sort the stacks of random unused paper on the desk and put them back where they go.

If I have a few minutes in the signing room waiting for a batch to print I sort the stacks of random unused paper on the desk and put them back where they go.

I snicker and point out [to myself] all the shit that is in the wrong place in our signing & fixture room. Constant shit all over the place...on the floor, in carts, on tubs, in hand baskets.

:shakes head:

Put your stuff away, people!

this is why we can't have nice things.

I was filling in for the cart attendant who called out (he always does) and in between cart runs I was doing pulls. I came back from my 15 and another ~20 minutes later while pushing the autos the GSTL paged me over the walkie, "hey CTT777 are you still on your 15?" I replied that I've been back for a hot minute and asked if they needed more carts (affirmative). When I came back inside with the last row of carts she pulled me aside and said "HEY DUDE thanks for always coming back in a timely manner!!! Not gonna name names but we get a lot of '30 minute fifteens' up here so it helps us out a LOT when you respond right away!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!" She looked about ready to hug me to death. It was cool to get recognized but at the same time kind of LOL that such a thing even needs recognition to begin with...I was just doing my job without really thinking about it. I said "Wow, tell whoever that is to get good" and she said "Ugh more like GET TERMED, I'm so done!!" lmao

Ugh. That's so irritating, as a HL TM. The locations have quantities for things for a reason. Sometimes a location really can hold more than the capacity, and I always change capacity to reflect that, but Flow should be filling to location capacity; not to minimize backstock. The aisles look like shit if they're overfilled and people can't find stuff because nothing is where it belongs and guests get pissed because stuff moves over into slots with lower prices so they're surprised at the registers and so on.

Preach..

And yeah I gave some hours to a co-worker who needs the money but I needed a day off so win/win.. And my garage is now clean enough to mess it up again!

Had a Guest that was frustrated with another stores E-TM team and with my stores LOD-TL yesterday. Guest told them to shut up and get out of their face. Proceeded to compliment me and the knowledge I imparted for about 5 minutes. Quite pleased! (Especially since that TL stated there is no difference between 1080p and 4k) STL called me this morning to thank me.
(maybe I should get a raise?)

I did like $75 in myCheckout sales today from Guest Services. Not a ton but we don’t have the same opportunities as the sales floor

When a guest asks me for directions to some item that's not in softlines, there's very few item categories (like luggage or sewing supplies or kitchen towels/oven mitts) that I can't give landmark directions to.

I did a ton of revisions, pulled and pushed my batches, and backstocked.

Honestly, I don’t even think any of my work mattered.

Exactly !!! when I was trained to do backroom duties (just because I asked so I could pick the shifts up) I started changing quantities on salesfloor. There has been so many funny ones I wish I took a picture of. Like QTY: 1114 of a lamp or QTY 3 when it's those little blind packs on an endcap. I love those. They make me laugh and roll my eyes and I have a story to tell to a fellow TM later. =P

If I'm being honest I pride myself on how open I am to talking anyone about anything. Wether your an ETL or just a cashier I treat everyone the same and always ask how your their doing and try to make things light and friendly. Yeah I'm awesome :) (lol that felt nice)

Back