Brag thread. You're awesome and you know it

I'm awesome at throwing stuff away. I get people who think ... oh, I'll just leave this cart of fixtures in the fixture room .... two weeks later .... where are my fixtires. Gone. You want to leave your clean up for someone else, them I'll clean it up my way.
Wow that’s a great idea.

I'm awesome at throwing stuff away. I get people who think ... oh, I'll just leave this cart of fixtures in the fixture room .... two weeks later .... where are my fixtires. Gone. You want to leave your clean up for someone else, them I'll clean it up my way.
One of these days when I'm getting bitched at about packing being late I'm just going to roll all the SFS carts straight into the compactor, I swear.

I noticed some Team Members being constantly scheduled in another work center. These TMs never complained about it but I went ahead and sought permission to change them to the higher paying work center. Also got the TMs their back pay. None of them know what I did but it still felt great to do.

- I'm extremely flexible with my hours and days.
- I work in higher paying work centers, and will soon make the same 12/hr everyone else is making. Sometimes my job changes 3 or more times in a 7-8 hour shift.
- I lost a loved one, and came back to work after only 3 days because I couldn't do that to my team.
-I will (and have) physically place(d) myself in between an irate/aggressive guest and another TM if that TM isn't a TL: they can yell at me, I've got broad shoulders, so I can carry it for the rest of my shift and not let it affect my work. If it is a TL I'll hang tight for backup if they need it.
-I do I fact offer every guest a red-card, thank them for using their red-card if they use one, and I encourage them all to take the survey when it pops up.
-I haven't f*&^%$g quit yet.

:confused:

As far as point #3, don't do that. No job is worth your health or your family. I've made that mistake, and I regret it, and everyone I know who did the same thing also regrets it.

As far as point #3, don't do that. No job is worth your health or your family. I've made that mistake, and I regret it, and everyone I know who did the same thing also regrets it.

Maybe someday I will, but right now I'm daisies. Last death I spun my wheels and it took me a year to start moving forward. This one I hit the ground running. Like I said, maybe someday I'll wish I'd taken more time.

Most of my shifts I get another TM telling me they're grateful I stayed after the holiday season. Always nice to hear.

I got accepted into graduate school on Friday, and I got an interview at a Target between my school and where I'll be living this Wednesday. I'm hopeful. I'm a former Spot employee with a good record, and I have homefield advantage (I'm going to graduate school in my hometown, and I've been in this Target countless times as both child and adult). Hopefully I get it. I need a summer/school part time gig, I know firsthand I can handle Target, and this Target is super easy to get to without driving (I don't drive, so that's important).

All my new hires showed up to orientation with proper ID.
How do you not? I used to sell liquor for a living, and the number of people who didn't have ID was staggering. I don't get it. I don't even have a driver's license, and I still carry valid state ID at all times. Hell, I had my state ID, social security card, birth certificate, and passport when I rolled up to my Target orientation. I wasn't taking chances. Better unnecessary documents stay in my backpack and unused than lose my job offer for lacking documents.

How do you not? I used to sell liquor for a living, and the number of people who didn't have ID was staggering. I don't get it. I don't even have a driver's license, and I still carry valid state ID at all times. Hell, I had my state ID, social security card, birth certificate, and passport when I rolled up to my Target orientation. I wasn't taking chances. Better unnecessary documents stay in my backpack and unused than lose my job offer for lacking documents.

Mom has it. I forgot. I have a copy (not good enough). It expired. Why can’t you use my bus pass?

But mostly Mom has it.

I got accepted into graduate school on Friday, and I got an interview at a Target between my school and where I'll be living this Wednesday. I'm hopeful. I'm a former Spot employee with a good record, and I have homefield advantage (I'm going to graduate school in my hometown, and I've been in this Target countless times as both child and adult). Hopefully I get it. I need a summer/school part time gig, I know firsthand I can handle Target, and this Target is super easy to get to without driving (I don't drive, so that's important).
Well, I got electronics TM, which is ideal. Everything's falling into place all of a sudden.

Bumping this after the Pollyanna post... I moved to Beauty for most of the year and whipped that thing into serious shape while daily feeling like I could be doing more... and then someone showed me a picture from Fall National of a display showing the top 10 Beauty comps in the nation - my store was #1.

Back