Break Schedule

DeNova

RDC
Someone on redit said at their DC they get a 30 minute unpaid lunch and 3 15 minutes breaks. I’ve never heard of a DC with unpaid breaks or lunches so I’m just curious what everyones breaks are like. I’m at a UDC and we get a 30 minutes and 25 minute paid for breaks on a 12 hour shift.

The DCs in Cali (and possibly a couple of other states) get an unpaid lunch because of state laws. Otherwise I’m sure they’re all roughly the same as yours. Decades ago we had some TMs from Cali come in to help us get caught up when we were behind and it seemed like they were always on break.

Someone on redit said at their DC they get a 30 minute unpaid lunch and 3 15 minutes breaks. I’ve never heard of a DC with unpaid breaks or lunches so I’m just curious what everyones breaks are like. I’m at a UDC and we get a 30 minutes and 25 minute paid for breaks on a 12 hour shift.
Two 45 minute paid lunches and three 25 minute bathroom breaks for a lot of folks at my DC.

If you are like me you get one whole 55 minute break whenever you want because your schedule is totally flexible 😎

The best part of the half hour unpaid lunch is that it makes a 12 hour into a shift 12 and half hour shift with half hour overlaps. As far as I can tell no one works the during the overlaps, so two extra paid half hour breaks.

I’m in Kansas and I wish we had that. I’m 4pm to 2am Tues-Friday and we just get one 30 and one 20 min break both paid
Hey DC partner.

Back when I was on B2 it was a 25 and a 15. Plus the 3 minutes for travel time gets lumped in there, so it was more like 7:00-7:28 and 10:00-10:18

that would be california

I'm a new TM. At my DC we get two paid breaks. I work a 12 hr shift it's hard finding the steam for the last 4.5 hrs of the shift without a break

I'm a new TM. At my DC we get two paid breaks. I work a 12 hr shift it's hard finding the steam for the last 4.5 hrs of the shift without a break

It sucks and should be changed. I don't work for spot anymore but when I did it was 45 min and 15 min paid breaks for B2/A2. It baffles me that management would chase productivity by not giving adequate breaks when store employees get multiple 15s and a meal break.

AFAIK the 45 minute break is a state mandated break for any shift that starts after 12pm... B1/A1 got a 30 min and 15 min instead.

Back