Archived BTS 2016!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hours were cut for backroom even tho this is a super busy time for us and we're getting added trucks.

Ok let's see, let's set the train up for yas. I have already seen I'm not the only signing person not getting enough hours. So there is that. Some of your end cap shippers will come in brown located boxes:confused:. You may not get all your free standing bins (cough cough got a couple extra:D) THE BACKER PAPER GOES WITH THE BACKPACKS AND AROUND THE FLAT PERIMETER ok so do we have that clear? - I know that was a big question. And the SALESPLANNERS have their own box of backer. :)Hmmmmmmmmm Our fan central wasn't the color a backer I expected. Plan like ALL DAY to build each focal bin. Anything I missed early set bts peeps?

Ok let's see, let's set the train up for yas. I have already seen I'm not the only signing person not getting enough hours. So there is that. Some of your end cap shippers will come in brown located boxes:confused:. You may not get all your free standing bins (cough cough got a couple extra:D) THE BACKER PAPER GOES WITH THE BACKPACKS AND AROUND THE FLAT PERIMETER ok so do we have that clear? - I know that was a big question. And the SALESPLANNERS have their own box of backer. :)Hmmmmmmmmm Our fan central wasn't the color a backer I expected. Plan like ALL DAY to build each focal bin. Anything I missed early set bts peeps?

Thanks for that. I'm training next week for Signing (they figure next week is a good time to train.) At least I'll know how to make BTS shippers... :rolleyes:

Our STL told us yesterday that she asked the DTL and he was partnering with the group leader. He said if they say no just to drop manuals every hour. SMH like to see them pull a batch
Yeah my stl already told me we are going to be doing manuals for office... But not every hour.

My only issue with dropping man cafs every hour or even 2 is the amount of backstock protruding from the freight everyday. It's frustrating to backstock that much shit and then turn around and pull it soon after. We've found a more effective way of managing it by having some BRTMs or TL flexing out on the sales floor out of the backstock. We'll backstock a good percentage but our Waco's can't handle that much product and it's stressful on TMs.

My only issue with dropping man cafs every hour or even 2 is the amount of backstock protruding from the freight everyday. It's frustrating to backstock that much shit and then turn around and pull it soon after. We've found a more effective way of managing it by having some BRTMs or TL flexing out on the sales floor out of the backstock. We'll backstock a good percentage but our Waco's can't handle that much product and it's stressful on TMs.
Do you use seasonal backroom locations for office as well? We use sea1, Sea2, and sea3

Do you use seasonal backroom locations for office as well? We use sea1, Sea2, and sea3
Nope. We moved the buck wall to sea1,2,3 and are using that for office BTS. In my opinion it's going to fail pretty hard but the ETL isn't open to suggestions.

Would love to hear everyone's feedback. So my ETL LOG just asked me to "captain" the BTS process in terms of pushing for the Flow team. I've been told I'm great in terms of paying attention to detail and moving with a sense of urgency. "Targetnese" I know. For all my fellow veterans who have worked for spot many years, good call to only focus my attention or did I just set myself up? Again any comments are welcome

Would love to hear everyone's feedback. So my ETL LOG just asked me to "captain" the BTS process in terms of pushing for the Flow team. I've been told I'm great in terms of paying attention to detail and moving with a sense of urgency. "Targetnese" I know. For all my fellow veterans who have worked for spot many years, good call to only focus my attention or did I just set myself up? Again any comments are welcome
Go for it

That's great! You must show leadership qualities. Keep it up!

My store is preparing for BTS/BTC by cutting hours because logic. Sucks when I have bills to pay, but the unplanned staycation is nice before the madness begins again.

I've heard rumors that early AM may be going back to overnight soon, so we'll see how that goes.

Haha. We're super freaky BTC so we get 10 days of college kids,and their parents before we even get to the tweets. Much worse than Dec.

Don't even get me started on BTC families. My store is super freaky BTC as well, and opening weekend at the local university is almost as bad as Black Friday Thursday, especially when we get the snooty parents from [insert affluent locale here].

Our STL told us yesterday that she asked the DTL and he was partnering with the group leader. He said if they say no just to drop manuals every hour. SMH like to see them pull a batch

Yeah, I was wondering how that was going to work with the new CAF system. Fuck OFCE manuals.

We have most of the seasonal aisle and a flex aisle, but the flex aisle is mainly used for openstock PLAS because super freaky BTC. I can hardly wait to see all the pallet locations and (shudder) risers filled with BPLS and shitty appliances.

I can hardly wait to see all the pallet locations and (shudder) risers filled with BPLS and shitty appliances.
We get so much in that we use an old trailer docked on our third bay to store bulk plastics for BTC

My store is preparing for BTS/BTC by cutting hours because logic. Sucks when I have bills to pay, but the unplanned staycation is nice before the madness begins again.

I've heard rumors that early AM may be going back to overnight soon, so we'll see how that goes.

Don't even get me started on BTC families. My store is super freaky BTC as well, and opening weekend at the local university is almost as bad as Black Friday Thursday, especially when we get the snooty parents from [insert affluent locale here].

Yeah, I was wondering how that was going to work with the new CAF system. Fuck OFCE manuals.

We have most of the seasonal aisle and a flex aisle, but the flex aisle is mainly used for openstock PLAS because super freaky BTC. I can hardly wait to see all the pallet locations and (shudder) risers filled with BPLS and shitty appliances.
We have two or three trailers out back for plastics and rugs, and a few other stuff for college. It'll be fun. Also saw the Kinder mats come in the other day... Idk about you guys but we got one shipment in last year and sold out quickly, and we were getting asked constantly when we were getting more.

We've been pretty lucky so far with our trucks. Averaging around 200 cases of transition each truck for the past week (not sure about repacks). Each aisle of pretied and each untied POG is getting its own pallet for now (no matter how small), and we just add to them after every truck.

As I recall, last year it got dumped on us all at once and sat unsorted on the back of the line for a few days.

Friendly reminder: BACK TO SCHOOL IS JUST THE PREDECESSOR FOR HALLOWEEN.

G3c0jeP.png

This year will be hard. Payroll hours will be cut to an all time low, I think.
next week my opening team members come in at 10am rather than 7am. two weeks out my openers come in at 11am and then my closers leave an hour before close. idk how they expect us to prepare/train new tms/come clean each night/not drive ourselves into the ground

next week my opening team members come in at 10am rather than 7am. two weeks out my openers come in at 11am and then my closers leave an hour before close. idk how they expect us to prepare/train new tms/come clean each night/not drive ourselves into the ground
Don't forget to help guests too, the bts school lists..

Last week I was scheduled 4-9:45 pm shifts to only help the backroom with BTS. Ended up backstocking BTS and pulling endless pogs (seriously, one pog with backpacks filled up 2 flats past the best practice height) along with moving pallets to the steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back