Archived BTS 2016!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store makes us take lunches after 5.5 hours :O

It all depends on state law. Generally 5 hour mark is the cutoff but in some states it's up to the company

I realise I made my post confusing lol. I mean if the shift is at least 5.5 hours. We still take our lunch at our fifth hour.

I don't care about hours anymore. Fuck my store, ETL and Team Leaders. Screw them all. They didn't want to work with me when I asked for more hours, so screw them. They only kept giving the hours to their favorites.

I'm very ok with 5.5 or 5.75 hours working which it's 25-30 hours a week. It's usually what we get when is very slow, so it's fine and is decent money.

My team has a lot of work right now because of BTS, and a loy of people is on vacation plus so many people quit last month, you know very high turnover rate here.

They've been asking me to stay to lunch, but i tell them, "Sorry, I can't" (Middle finger if I could) won't take lunch anymore either. I'm so pissed at them that i don't give a shit anymore.

Last edited:
I was originally scheduled 4-10:30 but I didn't want to stay a half hour off the clock just to take a lunch. LODs were fine with it.

My old store relied on that shift HEAVILY. We're in a 6 hour state so it's more convenient for Spot to schedule 5.75 hrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our new ETL LOG was telling me how excited they were for bts. I tried to explain it.... but they still said it would be an "interesting challenge".

The last few days I've seen a very um.... "flustered" etl to say the least.

Hey.... I tried to give a warning :)

How are you guys handling BTS backstock?

The powers that be decided to overhaul OFCE right before BTS and it hasn't gone very well. We're being told one DPCI per waco, which sounded nice in theory but often means climbing up to the ninth shelf for a stupid tiny thing of paint. It's the exact opposite of "low and pro"...pulls take longer, and backstocking takes a lifetime trying to find an empty waco. I feel like the next 2 months are basically a lost cause. Everyone avoids backstocking BTS like the plague until it's absolutely unavoidable, and then 70% of what you just backstocked comes out in the next pull. Only a few of the ETLs will allow backroom to re-push stuff before backstocking, even though it makes 10x more sense.

They had a ton of people helping to push BTS when the initial set was done, but for some reason no one thought it would be a good idea to designate a backroom person to backstock BTS immediately after they push? Instead they just pushed all of their 'backstock' (ie what they didn't finish conveniently mixed in with actual backstock + the stuff they neglected to push to the normal OFCE locations) to the backroom (scattered about, of course) and left it for BRTMs to discover the next day. We probably had 4 tubs/flats, 2 skids, and a handful of 3-tiers overflowing with BTS, and half of it wasn't labeled, so we didn't know if it was backstock or push. ...but alas, we're told to backstock it anyways...just for it to come right back out, wasting both the backstocker's time and the puller's time.

Everyone is so focused on meeting short-term goals that long-term success is totally neglected.

The powers that be decided to overhaul OFCE right before BTS and it hasn't gone very well. We're being told one DPCI per waco, which sounded nice in theory but often means climbing up to the ninth shelf for a stupid tiny thing of paint. It's the exact opposite of "low and pro"...pulls take longer, and backstocking takes a lifetime trying to find an empty waco. I feel like the next 2 months are basically a lost cause. Everyone avoids backstocking BTS like the plague until it's absolutely unavoidable, and then 70% of what you just backstocked comes out in the next pull. Only a few of the ETLs will allow backroom to re-push stuff before backstocking, even though it makes 10x more sense.

They had a ton of people helping to push BTS when the initial set was done, but for some reason no one thought it would be a good idea to designate a backroom person to backstock BTS immediately after they push? Instead they just pushed all of their 'backstock' (ie what they didn't finish conveniently mixed in with actual backstock + the stuff they neglected to push to the normal OFCE locations) to the backroom (scattered about, of course) and left it for BRTMs to discover the next day. We probably had 4 tubs/flats, 2 skids, and a handful of 3-tiers overflowing with BTS, and half of it wasn't labeled, so we didn't know if it was backstock or push. ...but alas, we're told to backstock it anyways...just for it to come right back out, wasting both the backstocker's time and the puller's time.

Everyone is so focused on meeting short-term goals that long-term success is totally neglected.

This is the only time, at my store, the back stocking of softlines actually now gets done in a timely manner because back to school REALLY sucks!

We're being told one DPCI per waco, which sounded nice in theory but often means climbing up to the ninth shelf for a stupid tiny thing of paint.
What the hell!? That only makes sense if it's one of those aisles with mini shelves and wacos half the depth they normally are. Where do they put all of the casepacks? We're still aiming for 3 per waco, but it's not really a hard and fast rule. We started moving into our second overflow aisle today.

Instead they just pushed all of their 'backstock' (ie what they didn't finish conveniently mixed in with actual backstock + the stuff they neglected to push to the normal OFCE locations) to the backroom
We have that problem too... POG team kept running out of time last week just dumped it all on the back side of the line each day. We sort of sorted it into piles of "looks like it was pushed" and "looks like it wasn't touched" and put the stuff they probably didn't touch in the transition steel (with the stuff they really didn't touch that's been sitting there for a few weeks). Eventually our STL will notice and make them push it again.

"Oh look! More Bins!..........horray..."

BigEyedPhish when he got his pallet this morning.,
Haha. I had four already, another stack came Friday...already half done. They go so fast. But making them in the sauna...I mean team lead office...sucks ass.

What the hell!? That only makes sense if it's one of those aisles with mini shelves and wacos half the depth they normally are. Where do they put all of the casepacks? We're still aiming for 3 per waco, but it's not really a hard and fast rule. We started moving into our second overflow aisle today.

This. We don't even have that many wacos in our OFCE aisle, only about three levels of wacos because we have a ton of casestock space. Openstock overflow goes into the seasonal aisle because SEA2 has no backstock right now.

I realise I made my post confusing lol. I mean if the shift is at least 5.5 hours. We still take our lunch at our fifth hour.

If you're scheduled a 5.5 and eat at hour 5, then you leave after the meal??? Or do you take the meal by the 5th hour?

One DPCI per Waco is a pipe dream lol. There are over 1000 DPCIs associated with BTS product. We just organize through style of product. Pens, pencils, erasers, markers, etc all go into one wall or 6 different location sections, folders, notebooks, binders have their own section, luggage backbacks and lunchbox coolers and accessories their own and so forth. We've engaged the flow lead about forcing separation in accordance with our organization and its worked out well thus far. However BTS has only just been set and the initial push is only over. Come end of July through end of August when the real push happens we will see how well this goes. Our flow team is very weak this year. 10 veterans are leaving 2 getting promoted so wel have that many new faces during crunch time. Should be a fun challenge.

We've still got 4 isles that need to be set in mini seasonal because we can't sell all of that clearance seasonal stuff. Most has been marked to 75% off and they've still not been able to sell barely anything. Has anyone else had this problem?

One DPCI per Waco is a pipe dream lol. There are over 1000 DPCIs associated with BTS product. We just organize through style of product. Pens, pencils, erasers, markers, etc all go into one wall or 6 different location sections, folders, notebooks, binders have their own section, luggage backbacks and lunchbox coolers and accessories their own and so forth. We've engaged the flow lead about forcing separation in accordance with our organization and its worked out well thus far. However BTS has only just been set and the initial push is only over. Come end of July through end of August when the real push happens we will see how well this goes. Our flow team is very weak this year. 10 veterans are leaving 2 getting promoted so wel have that many new faces during crunch time. Should be a fun challenge.

"pipe dream" is a phrase I find myself using quite a bit in the backroom. I was wondering if there was any way to know the DPCI count, because I was thinking about it and couldn't fathom how one DPCI per waco would ever be possible...clearly it's not!

What's super frustrating is a few days after that announcement was made the powers that be said "oh wait, actually, we have waco dividers, so you can use those to put multiple DPCI's in there!"

Why didn't you plan it out that way?! And maybe tell us that before we all started backstocking so we could've organized stuff better?! The entire aisle was empty at one point, and you decided to wait until we had already started backstocking to give us the dividers?! :mad: They should have had the backroom aisle set up before backstocking began, because now we've just got a few divided wacos randomly placed throughout the shelves...it's ridiculous.

All of our products are randomly placed throughout the aisles- pens, pencils, paper, etc all mixed together. That doesn't really bother me. Apparently one person was told that certain sections were going to be binders only, but not all of us got that memo, so that went out the window. ...that would've been a nice plan though. Binders suck.

It just seems like it could've been planned out a lot better. And of course it's us lowly BRTMs who will suffer the consequences of leadership's lack of planning. Things would've gone so much better had they locked all of the BRTMs in a room for 30min and said "come up with a system." Sure, we would've had conflicting ideas, but we would've at least all been on the same page about everything once things were decided. The lack of communication is maddening!

I genuinely like all of my leaders, and I respect the fact that they know stuff that I don't- they're privy to information that I'm not, so there may be reasons I know nothing about behind decisions that don't make sense to me...but at the same time, I just don't think they understand the frustration of dealing with some of these decisions day in and day out!

Just because you pulled a single OFCE batch or did a bit of backstock doesn't mean you "know what it's like" to pull/backstock OFCE every day.

"pipe dream" is a phrase I find myself using quite a bit in the backroom. I was wondering if there was any way to know the DPCI count, because I was thinking about it and couldn't fathom how one DPCI per waco would ever be possible...clearly it's not!

What's super frustrating is a few days after that announcement was made the powers that be said "oh wait, actually, we have waco dividers, so you can use those to put multiple DPCI's in there!"

Why didn't you plan it out that way?! And maybe tell us that before we all started backstocking so we could've organized stuff better?! The entire aisle was empty at one point, and you decided to wait until we had already started backstocking to give us the dividers?! :mad: They should have had the backroom aisle set up before backstocking began, because now we've just got a few divided wacos randomly placed throughout the shelves...it's ridiculous.

All of our products are randomly placed throughout the aisles- pens, pencils, paper, etc all mixed together. That doesn't really bother me. Apparently one person was told that certain sections were going to be binders only, but not all of us got that memo, so that went out the window. ...that would've been a nice plan though. Binders suck.

It just seems like it could've been planned out a lot better. And of course it's us lowly BRTMs who will suffer the consequences of leadership's lack of planning. Things would've gone so much better had they locked all of the BRTMs in a room for 30min and said "come up with a system." Sure, we would've had conflicting ideas, but we would've at least all been on the same page about everything once things were decided. The lack of communication is maddening!

I genuinely like all of my leaders, and I respect the fact that they know stuff that I don't- they're privy to information that I'm not, so there may be reasons I know nothing about behind decisions that don't make sense to me...but at the same time, I just don't think they understand the frustration of dealing with some of these decisions day in and day out!

Just because you pulled a single OFCE batch or did a bit of backstock doesn't mean you "know what it's like" to pull/backstock OFCE every day.
Yeah. Usually, they over estimate the workload and shoot for high goals to push the team to make a bigger effort. Rarely do the things they want done actually work 100%. It's all trial, error and accommodation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back