Archived BTS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I took the BTS for the second time. This year, our new HR executive pulled me into her office before taking it and made remarks about how she hopes I score the store well since otherwise district will be at the store all the time and "we don't want that". I talked to other team members about it and they got the same talking to, as well as little bags with candy in them. This struck me as rather unethical and a few team members (including me) want to call the hotline to bring it up. Although, I've begun to worry that this is just standard practice and something that I really shouldn't be reporting as unethical, Also, I've heard mixed things about the hotline. Is that really the best place to go for this sort of thing if we do decide to pursue it?

Last edited:
@Brandosaur , do you mean BTS-Best Team Survey? If so, yes, this is an unethical practice! But, a lot of stores are doing this. You can definitely call the hotline, but please for your own protection, stay anonymous. Your store will retaliate if you give your name.

@Brandosaur , do you mean BTS-Best Team Survey? If so, yes, this is an unethical practice! But, a lot of stores are doing this. You can definitely call the hotline, but please for your own protection, stay anonymous. Your store will retaliate if you give your name.

Sorry, I don't know why I typed BTR instead of BTS. Thank you though, I just wanted to make sure it was something that I wasn't blowing out of proportion by reporting it.

We ( at my store) got the "talk" but we didn't get candy . My store gives us the whole well we hope you remember when you do the survey that we did all these things this past year...to make this the best store ever! Then the etls pace back and forth outside the door while you are taking it . Kinda makes you wonder just what they are so nervous about ....

This year has sucked ass for the entire company, they know people are going to tank the survey. Certainly feels like mgt is more desperate and in your face about the survey this year.

My store is providing outside food all this week in the breakroom. I don't know whether the company would consider "the talk" and a small bag of candy a big deal. This sort of thing has been going on during BTS time ever since I've worked for Spot.

My store is providing outside food all this week in the breakroom. I don't know whether the company would consider "the talk" and a small bag of candy a big deal. This sort of thing has been going on during BTS time ever since I've worked for Spot.
To me though...its not about if Corp thinks the talk and candy is a big deal....its more about the fact the the etls. stls are so damn worried about the survey...when IF they had treated people right to begin with it wouldn't be an issue .

My ETL-HR told everyone to not rate anything using the middle "Neither agree nor disagree" option. If we felt that way, we were just supposed to leave it blank instead...

Pretty sure my store blew the entire 549 account for this year just on BTS alone. There was so much food in the computer room where they had us take the survey. I mean, I have never seen them req out that much food. The ETL-HR actually popped by as I was taking it and "joked" about fattening us up for good scores. Yeah, you weren't kidding...

our store tells us when we can do the survey. They set it up for us so we don't know how they got to the page.. I want to take it a few times but don't know how to get to it.. Can I find it on workbench?

our store tells us when we can do the survey. They set it up for us so we don't know how they got to the page.. I want to take it a few times but don't know how to get to it.. Can I find it on workbench?

Really? I haven't taken it yet, but at my store the computers in TSC all have a piece of paper that gives the directions on how to find the BTS, and all a TM has to do before taking it is let the LOD know that's what they're doing.

We ( at my store) got the "talk" but we didn't get candy . My store gives us the whole well we hope you remember when you do the survey that we did all these things this past year...to make this the best store ever! Then the etls pace back and forth outside the door while you are taking it . Kinda makes you wonder just what they are so nervous about ....
Wait, you got to take yours in private? We have to take ours in a room with other people and almost no privacy what so ever. I was so nevous with the Etls walking in and out of there I didn't rate things as honestly as I would have liked.

Very unethical based on BTS policy.

It is supposed to be annonymous and Execs should not request the survey directly from TMs. It should go in to a bag or box. And collected at the end of the survey period.

Wait, you got to take yours in private? We have to take ours in a room with other people and almost no privacy what so ever. I was so nevous with the Etls walking in and out of there I didn't rate things as honestly as I would have liked.
well, I would call it semi private. There are three computers in our computer room....they would only let two people take it a time...and we couldn't use the computer in the middle....so you were about 10 feet from another person taking it . The etls, stl were all standing and or sitting outside the door while everyone was taking it ....my computer started to freeze so it took a lil while longer ( well that and hell it was nice to just sit ) so an etl popped his head in and asked if I was ok in there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back