Archived Bulk side backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Just looking for some advice. I have only been with Target about 5 months and in the backroom for 2. I was put in charge of the bulk side a couple of weeks ago. I somehow survived Black Friday but I had some help. Now I am pretty much alone.

Does anyone have any advice on things I should do once the truck is unloaded in the morning? Right now, I just help unload the truck then backstock bulk PIPO freight and whatever else comes back but I want to really make this side of the store my own since that is what my TL asked of me.

As said above, condense and keep as much open space as possible. You never know what your going to get hit with one day. Stay on top of your empty location reports the best you can.

I know you want to make it your own but with all the people pulling and messing crap up in there all the time, its not worth the stress. Unless you were getting paid for it! lol. Just do your job and walk out everyday knowing that. Do the best you can but dont stress out.

Please please please break down assortment pipo. If you don't, you might as well go back to working truck.

Thanks for the responses guys. I read them a month ago :p

I do have another question and I hate to start a new thread.

How do your stores handle transition items? We have been getting garden and valentines stuff and I was told to just keep it all on pallets and throw it up into the steel without backstocking it. But how do you separate odds and ends on transition? It seems like every truck we get some housewares, domestics, and other assorted things and I just kept them together and threw those up too. But then the POG team comes back bitching that they can't find the stuff they need. Should I just send all that random stuff over to light duty side?

Heavily depends on the size of your bulk area and what you guys actually consider bulk. I've been at stores that anything over 2 cases worth was considered bulk and other stores where they would stack it to the ceiling in light duty.

Partner with the pog tl to see what they want back stocked and what should be put on transition pallets. If they are doing their job they should be pre tieing pogs for the bigger transitions with new product. These boxes will come with a T in front of the location. Watch the transition item report for the truck unload to know when large amounts of transition are coming in so it can be sorted straight from the unload. Usually the product mostly comes in at the same time but if it doesn't just put on pallets what you have and once more comes in you can break it down either by pogs or groups of aisles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back