Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new my time complaint is how having a punch correction is now like going on compliance and you have to sign a form
That'll be an everyday occurrence for me since I open the building at least 3-4 days of the week! (Some punch corrections are necessary and I'm not going to not get paid for the 5+ minutes I'm dealing with unlocking the doors, taking down alarms, and letting people in, plus driving around the building before even opening the doors.)

Your HR needs to put the drive around code on your shift and you get paid 15 minutes for the drive around and you can clock in.

Your HR needs to put the drive around code on your shift and you get paid 15 minutes for the drive around and you can clock in.
Beat me to it.
I have to do a punch correction for when I go do comp shop. I used to do paper ones and HR would key it in as soon as my start work punch hit MAX, now I have to key it into MyTime before I go home for the day.

with how MyTime is going I sense a lot of us at my store are going to die when 4th quarter starts, We had a line of backstock, no joke, 125 Feet long in the backroom around Noon today. (Flow had 4 Call offs, as well as a 2600 piece truck). 2 Call offs for Ad-set as well.

with how MyTime is going I sense a lot of us at my store are going to die when 4th quarter starts, We had a line of backstock, no joke, 125 Feet long in the backroom around Noon today. (Flow had 4 Call offs, as well as a 2600 piece truck). 2 Call offs for Ad-set as well.
Sounds like my store. Multiple call offs for flow and ad setup. Salesfloor TMs had to hop in and help finish ad.

I need to change my availability and say that I found Jesus or something.

Sounds like my store. Multiple call offs for flow and ad setup. Salesfloor TMs had to hop in and help finish ad.

I need to change my availability and say that I found Jesus or something.

And that was just the backroom, in the Dairy cooler we had 4 Three tier carts of backstock from the Day before, as well as a Flat and a Tub in the Freezer. This wasn't from Call offs either it was just because there weren't enough people.

My store has that much backstock, but only because the FF has been terrible.

Does it work like that for shifts that you're not LOD? Like non-truck days where I'm the first person in (at 6)?

Yes. The key carrier that drives around is the one who gets the 15 minutes. HR has to manually add it to all shifts though.

Has anyone had any weird scheduling with guest service with MyTime? It's so random like 9:00 am to 5:35 pm, or 6:15 to 10? I am one of three consistent guest service people, and the one who works it 96% of the time, and I went from 36 average to 17 with open availability, luckily my GSTL will fix it for me, but what the heck?!

Yep, myTime bases it off of what it thinks we will do for returns, not giving a crap about the billion other things guest service does. My ETL overrides it to be sure we have coverage from open to close...otherwise there would be chaos until 10am and after 8pm.

In the MAX days, my now-former STL told us that using Smart Sort to scan every item of re-shop and completing every worklist would (in theory) tell the system that we need more hours for the sales floor and service desk because of how much re-shop is being handled. I wonder if MyTime would take this into account.

Doubtful. Some of us are very good with using smart sort. But it does nothing for our hours at guest services. Not sure about the lists...I'm the only one who ever prints them out and it just confuses the salesfloor TMs. (And aren't accurate thanks to only one other GSTM who closes the bins).

I envy your hours. The last 3 weeks or so, GS hours have been ~11:30 or noon until 8 PM. With the first mytime schedule they're going back to 9:30ish - 8. We haven't had GS in at close since February or so.

Our new ETL made us get rid of the smart sort bins for this inefficient single cart thing. In theory it is emptied hourly..... Hahaha.

We did good with what we were doing, nothing backed up at night. Why change it?

^ Change ETL to STL and one for hard lines and one for soft lines and that's our store.

Back to school in my area is huge (We are the only target within 60 miles) with a university 25,000 strong. If BTS is going this badly I can't imagine how bad fourth quarter is going to be

Black Friday we hover around the $1,000,000 mark. I think our ETL-log has literally put in probably 35 hours inbetween Fri-Sun, (I am pretty sure he is a Robot) mostly just backstocking. Both days we have had 150 feet+ of Backstock in a long line of Tubs/Flats in the backroom.

Last C&S truck wasn't backstocked until the day after. And I literally thought my SF-ETL was ready to take my head off, before throwing the Baler over Softlines, out of pure frustration with the day. (We are an A level store that is just on the tilt of being A+) We average about $50M a year.

Having worked in Market for a year and a half, and having learned to deal with extremely unreasonable levels of stress I am finding this amusing, but I sense many important parts to my store will be looking elsewhere for work in the not so distant future, which makes me sad.

Besides our STL (Who I am SURE feels the same) The Absurdity of MyTime is open conversation between the ETL to the TM level and has found itself the butt of many sarcastic jokes (We all call MyTime, NoTime, SkyNet, etc..)

Last edited:
One Sunday afternoon...(I work at a Super Target).. I was the only scheduled hardlines team member for several hours on the floor....when my teammates clocked in, I declared through the walkie, "LOD. it's myTime to go on my lunch break!!!!" Another night, we had NO closing cashier scheduled! One new cashier graciously stayed til closing an hour past the time they were supposed to clock out. If myTime was a horse, it would be put out to pasture.

Last edited:
We had no closing cashiers for multiple days last week. On day there was no closing hr/tsc/operator person (they do operator in my store, usually, and fitting room covers their breaks and the weird scheduling snafus) and no one scheduled in the fitting room past 5 or so lol. So one of the people on the floor had to do fr/phones, but no one in sl was even scheduled to close so Idk who answered the phones for the last half hour or so... or who did the closing announcements that night. Oh, I should mention it was a weekend. They should at the very least, be looking at the grid a day or two in advance to scrutinize it and see what holes they can/should try to fill

We had MyTime remove the opening operator one day. I came in after closing the night before so both SL openers could get some work done before guests started piling into the store. To top it off, MyTime has driven away a good portion of our reliable TMs and it seems like every area gets noticable sporadic call-outs and no-call-no-shows. To make it worse, we either aren't allowed to call people in by the LoD of the moment or no one is willing/able to come in.

^This.
The dependable TMs get screwed on their hrs so many are looking elsewhere & our store is enforcing a "no call" policy, be it from call-outs, reading the schedule wrong, a switched shift or whatever.
Fortunately, a lot of TMs share their numbers & I've know quite a few who were merely late because another TM called to remind them.

I'm going to be honest, Target hires a lot of seasonal workers for two main reasons; New (Better) Talent and Diversity.I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but even if you are cross trained in 10 departments and have a full open availability you are still going to be getting less than 30 hours. Thats just how Target works.
3 reasons: They are able to cut hours for long-time employees so that they can save on payroll and reduce average hours in order to drop insurance.

So after lurking for a while, I want to just reiterate how much everyone at my store hates MyTime. Does MyTime actually work in any volume store? ULV? A or B volumes? AAA?? Why roll out such an utter failure that no one can use effectively. Maybe HQs passed recreational drug usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back