Archived CAF/Autofill Timers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

My ETL-Log told us that when someone is pulling a caf or autofill they have 4 seconds per UPC to pull. He was saying this in the context that if something were STO'd in one location and in another (as in not using STO Logic) and the batch needed you to go to pull the item from both locations, you would still only have 4 seconds to pull all of that, which obviously isn't feasible and becomes taking longer than it should.

So is there any truth to this 4 seconds per UPC thing? I've seen the times autofills are supposed to take, sometimes a 3 location batch with like 5 items should take 1 minute. Sometimes a 2 location batch with say ten items should take 2 minutes. Where is he getting this from, or is he blowing smoke as usual?

-onitebrmtm

The only time limit you should have to worry about is getting the batches pulled before an hour passes and the next set of CAFs drop. With the way items can be scattered between locations, a per-item time limit would be ridiculous.

I've never been able to figure out the equation for the CAF timers... Nor hav I ever really cared. All that I know is that I have missed a time here and there, but, that is going to be because someone STO'd an item in the wrong stock room and you have to walk around the whole store to get it or I had to subt something for a guest.

Individual CAF times should not be a paramount concern. As HLM said, just make sure that they are all done before the hour is up.

Thanks for the answers guys. I have no issue pulling CAFs or Autofills myself I'm always well under the timer, just wanted to verify that my boss was making stuff up AGAIN in attempts to essentially intimidate.

The calculation is far more complicated than your ETL suggests, and takes into account total quantity to be pulled, whether items are in O/U/L/R locations, etc. It's not rocket science and it's not all that accurate, but it's not quite as stupidly-simplistic as he would make it sound.

The calculation is far more complicated than your ETL suggests, and takes into account total quantity to be pulled, whether items are in O/U/L/R locations, etc. It's not rocket science and it's not all that accurate, but it's not quite as stupidly-simplistic as he would make it sound.

Thats what I thought/knew, but when someone is nagging about this 4 second thing constantly you begin to doubt. I'm not even the one pulling the CAFS, I pull the small autofills everynight but he claims that our overnight backroom team makes it more difficult for the day team to do their pulls with how we backstock, when nothing could be further from the truth

The only time limit you should have to worry about is getting the batches pulled before an hour passes and the next set of CAFs drop. With the way items can be scattered between locations, a per-item time limit would be ridiculous.

I don't think there is any per UPC pull time. But to call it ridiculous doesn't mean Target wouldn't try doing it. LOL!

Hoping I did the quote process right.

I don't think there is any per UPC pull time. But to call it ridiculous doesn't mean Target wouldn't try doing it. LOL!

Hoping I did the quote process right.

If it's ridiculous and Spot doesn't do it, then you know some overzealous ETL is gonna try it. And yes, you did quote properly. As long as you don't delete any part of the quote tags, it'll show the way it's supposed to.

As others have said, he's full of it. Now the way you guys backstock can help or hinder the daysideteam. More than likely what happened was the dayside tm got in trouble for being slow. He blamed the o/n team's backstocking as the cause. The etl was clueless so he's trying to make some standard for everyone.

I wish we could get a glimpse of this autofill/caf timer equation. My backroom team lead has high expectations and always talks about beating the timer. She's always saying stuff about how the timer rounds up on paper, such as giving you a minute to pull one item in a batch when it should take less than 10 seconds. Sometimes you can't beat the timer if you need to use the wave or the crown to get somethings down. She likes to look at how long it takes the backroom tm's to pull batches, and she will get a little stressed if goal times don't get reached (mainly for the hourly CAF batches). She has this thing she tells about how it should take us the same amount of time to push CAFs as pulling and backstocking them. For example: 20 minutes to pull batches, 20 minutes to push and backstock them, 20 minutes leftover to do manual CAFs (her expectations). While that is somewhat of a good time estimate to follow, in practice it's sometimes impossible depending on how much walking you do pushing on the sales floor, helping guests, and FIFO-ing.

Us backroom people like to sort of argue with her about that stuff, but she's a strong woman who doesn't falter and claims to know everything about working at the store.

Our BR TL likes to think hes important and makes everything sound 1000% harder than it actually is. Beating times pulling / Backstocking is very very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back