Archived California Minimum Wage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here in Southern California have their wage go up to $10.50/hr. I'm being told we aren't getting it until April reviews.

Anyone else here in Southern California have their wage go up to $10.50/hr. I'm being told we aren't getting it until April reviews.
By whom? Etl-hr or someone else?

Etl-hr or maybe stl are your only sure bets for accurate information. Unless you chat with the hrbp or dtl on the regular.

I believe in the first new pay period of this year you should have started getting paid the minimum wage.

This is correct, base pay increases are supposed to happen January 1st. Should have nothing to do with reviews. Reviews change merit pay not base pay.

I am sick and tired of minimum wage increases. Every time it goes up merit raises go out the window. I got a really good review a couple of years ago with a decent raise and the minimum went up *POOF* now I make $.25 above minimum. Decent review last year *POOF* now I make $.25 above minimum. I've been threatening to do it for the past 4 years but I'm fairly certain that this will be my last year at Spot.

I am sick and tired of minimum wage increases. Every time it goes up merit raises go out the window. I got a really good review a couple of years ago with a decent raise and the minimum went up *POOF* now I make $.25 above minimum. Decent review last year *POOF* now I make $.25 above minimum. I've been threatening to do it for the past 4 years but I'm fairly certain that this will be my last year at Spot.
Well in California starting next year it's going up by a dollar every year, which is better than any merit raise anyone could get. I'd be happy to take a dollar raise every year.

Well in California starting next year it's going up by a dollar every year, which is better than any merit raise anyone could get. I'd be happy to take a dollar raise every year.

Yeah ultimately while it sucks to lose your merit raise. You are typically still getting a raise unless you make well over minimum.

Yes it would be nice if everyone went up a dollar at the same time but if you go up 75 cents while others go up a dollar. It's still nice knowing you went up.

Last edited:
Yeah ultimately while it sucks to lose your merit raise. You are typically still getting a raise unless you make well over minimum.

Yes it would be nice if everyone went up a dollar at the same time but if you go up 75 cents while others go up a dollar. It's still nice knowing you went up a dollar.
This is the only company that I have worked for where raises get negated when minimum goes up. It sucks because if you add up my merit raises I would be making over $1 more. Way to save some money.

This is the only company that I have worked for where raises get negated when minimum goes up. It sucks because if you add up my merit raises I would be making over $1 more. Way to save some money.
They've wiped out $3 worth of hard earned raises for me. And the state I live in is raising min wage but the one I work in isn't. Interviewing like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back