Archived Call offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I know there’s no such thing as allowed call offs, what I was saying is how many per 6 months can someone make a call off without being fired. I read that Walmart’s policy was 9. I understand no call offs are acceptable but they do happen.

ASANTS. My store has a rule of 3/month = documented conversation. Late, leaving early and calling out all count equally toward the 3. 3 months of 3+/month should be a termination but I have seen many ‘favorites’ wiggle out of it happening. HR Favoritism strong.

Generally speaking, you should consider call-offs a rare thing, for emergencies or illnesses where you are too sick to work. Thinking in terms of "how many times can I blow off my job before I get fired" will likely mean you won't have a job for very long.

In my store, you wouldn't make it to 6 months if you had 9 callouts. After the 2nd one, you would likely be having a conversation. By the 5th or 6th, you're gone. And rightly so. Medical issue, get FMLA (after you've been with Spot long enough).

At my store, it's double standards and/or do whatever you want now, you will suffer later. How well you are liked. No discipline. They make up their own rules. Because we're disposable items to them. Just like paper cups. That's why they keep experimenting with new "processes". And that's another thing that leads to call outs. Leads are turning into bullies. They don't even consider we're blood and flesh that we've got feelings too. Purposely deny/don't bother looking at our time off requests. Then we have to call off.

Talk to your ETL-HR to be sure how many call offs are accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back