Archived Call out this Christmas Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been at target 11 years and it seems like it was almost what 6 or 7 years ago we started opening on Thanksgiving and staying open past 6 on Xmas Eve. A lot of current team members don’t remember that because they weren’t working at Target then.

We had 8 cashier call outs today so my life was hell shout-out to people that take a retail job agree to work holidays and then call out 🤪
Imagine if all 8 of those cashiers read his post and didn’t come in because of it. It fucks up the entire front end. Customers yelling at you for long lines when the reason is because 8 people called out.

I've never understood people who think they're sticking it to The Man by calling out on Black Friday/Christmas Eve/etc. Target won't feel you calling out, I promise. But your store team that's now just that much more overworked on an already crazy day will.

Contemplating whether or not to call out so you can spend time with your family tonight for Christmas Eve? Then do it. Family is not forever, as I learned the hard way. Even a year later I am still angry with myself for not having the balls to call out last Christmas Eve. And I missed out on the last Christmas with an important family member.

Target is definitely not forever, hopefully you will move on from it and finding better like I did. Rebel against their corporate greed and spend Christmas with your family as it isn’t meant to be spent. If enough people call out maybe corporate will learn.

So call out today. Don’t hesitate. Don’t be filled with anger and regret like me. Merry Christmas.

I’m sorry for your loss. It’s hard those first holidays after a death in the family.

Make time for family every day. Not just a day you have an obligation to work.

It’s not just corporate greed. You think they’d be open if the public wasn’t wanting it? People were pissed we were closing at 10–they wanted midnight. So unless there’s a massive change of heart across the US, we are going to have to deal with the hours or find other places of employment.

Christmas Eve is when we celebrate Christmas in the Hispanic culture, I’ll go as far as to accuse Target of cultural insensitivity here.

I’m sorry for your loss. It’s hard those first holidays after a death in the family.

Make time for family every day. Not just a day you have an obligation to work.

It’s not just corporate greed. You think they’d be open if the public wasn’t wanting it? People were pissed we were closing at 10–they wanted midnight. So unless there’s a massive change of heart across the US, we are going to have to deal with the hours or find other places of employment.

Thank you for your kind words.

Just because the public wants something doesn’t mean it’s right. The masses are stupid in general. They should learn to plan ahead and realize how privileged they are.

Christmas Eve is when we celebrate Christmas in the Hispanic culture, I’ll go as far as to accuse Target of cultural insensitivity here.
Cornell is the most Hispanic last name ever

As we've already mentioned... if you requested it early you'd get it. Especially this year with so many hour cuts.

Don't blame target for your time management. I understand anger is one of the stages of grief, but please get counseling and don't screw over people who did nothing wrong.

I worked my normal shift, but I've volunteered to close for the past six years. They didn't ask this year.

Meh. I worked. Didn't mind at all. My job was to help people pick out last minute gifts in toys. People think that's stressful working in toys. I enjoy it this time of year. If I can help grandma find the right gift or the new dad who just wanted some that made noise or lighted up for his 3 month old to stimulate the child or whatever, that's what makes it all worth it. And, hey I was off at 3. Made bread and still had plenty of time for my own family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back