Archived Calling the “hotline” - any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a corrective action today (not totally unexpected) and there was no concrete reason given for the disciplinary action. I have noted 3 or 4 other employees that work at a similar pace or SLOWER and they don’t get talked to at all. Basically the reason give was the TLs don’t feel I’m getting everything accomplished (in 3 hrs. 45 mins.). I have told them this for months and they didn’t care, but now I receive a CA??? So I’m getting disciplined for working, essentially...

A CA is given after multiple documented conversations.
You can call the hotline, (to blow off steam) but it won’t do shit.
That’s true I called the hotline about my former food team lead lying to me and they didn’t do shit. Instead they gave her the hr team lead position which she doesn’t deserve. So yea calling might get you into more trouble.

Received a corrective action today (not totally unexpected) and there was no concrete reason given for the disciplinary action. I have noted 3 or 4 other employees that work at a similar pace or SLOWER and they don’t get talked to at all. Basically the reason give was the TLs don’t feel I’m getting everything accomplished (in 3 hrs. 45 mins.). I have told them this for months and they didn’t care, but now I receive a CA??? So I’m getting disciplined for working, essentially...

i can't speak for your specific situation, but you wouldn't be told whether or not the 3 or 4 other team members are also on a corrective action or other coaching situation or not because it's confidential. it's literally in the name, confidential corrective action.

If they have multiple conversations about the same topic woth little to no improvement, the ETL HR or HRBP will approve a corrective. Honestly you’re an at will employee and target needs zero reason to fire you but they cover their own ass with documentation and reasoning. If you’re not preforming they can easily get rid of you, regardless of how the rest of the team is doing.

i can't speak for your specific situation, but you wouldn't be told whether or not the 3 or 4 other team members are also on a corrective action or other coaching situation or not because it's confidential. it's literally in the name, confidential corrective action.
Well I have asked them, and they aren’t lying. Besides that, the TL has called me on walkie multiple times during the shift when everyone can hear, yet he calls no one else. I’m fairly confident no one else reaches the goal.

If they have multiple conversations about the same topic woth little to no improvement, the ETL HR or HRBP will approve a corrective. Honestly you’re an at will employee and target needs zero reason to fire you but they cover their own ass with documentation and reasoning. If you’re not preforming they can easily get rid of you, regardless of how the rest of the team is doing.
I understand about the employment at will, but it just seems I am being targeted (sans Pun)

It also seems like an odd point in my employment to jump on me regarding performance. I never heard anything but positives during holidays 2018, and afterwards through Valentine’s everything was grand. Nothing really started “happening” until March or so.

It's possible that your SD or ETL sees something in your performance that they want to be improved, and they aren't seeing results, so they're pressuring your TL to correct. I obviously don't know you or how you are as an employee, so I can't speculate on who's right or wrong, but that has been known to happen. Maybe they've been telling your TL the feedback for you, and your TL slacked on coaching in the past?

It's possible that your SD or ETL sees something in your performance that they want to be improved, and they aren't seeing results, so they're pressuring your TL to correct. I obviously don't know you or how you are as an employee, so I can't speculate on who's right or wrong, but that has been known to happen. Maybe they've been telling your TL the feedback for you, and your TL slacked on coaching in the past?

this is exactly how my predecessor was as a leader and now i’m drowning trying to catch up correcting behaviors

Pretty much no.
Unless you can prove the TL was going after you for reasons of race, religion, disability, national origin, gender, etc. or something that can wind up in court, they won't care.
Just not liking you doesn't matter to them.
They will also check to see if you want through the other channels, HR, ETL, whatever the big boss is called these days.
If you haven't they will pitch it back to them.

Last edited:
Hot line call-
You give your side of a situation to someone they document, remaining neutral
The documentation is sent to the store (HR and STL)
The HR and STL will call all other ETLs and try figure out what the "rat" is
Once the "rat" has been identified, the leadership team will make sure to get their stories synched.
HR will do some bad acting and chat with the rat assuring them that whatever their grievence was it surely was miscontrued
Documentation of the inquiry will be forwarded to DTL with assurances situation was resolved.
The rat will now be targeted as a cancer that needs to be removed from the payroll. How dare they question the almighty leadership team
Open Door Policy is BS
Hotline is BS
Target no longer operates ethically
Either give in, drink the koolaid that these are just growing pains and modernization is second only to the coming of Christ or find employment elsewhere.

I just don’t see any standards of production in the handbook. Seems like they just make it up as you are being corrected in real time. An example being;

I was working on a box of repacks (probably 25-30 items) and the TL walks by and says “That’ about a 5 minute box right?” I replied, “No probably 15-20.” He just continued walking away. Rarely does a repack box take a shorter amount of time than you think.

Production standards are WGSD (What Gets Shit Done) which you will find is AAF (Arbitrary As Fuck aka ASANTS).

DON’T Waste your time effort and energy I was put on a 1yr written probation for using the word shit in a sentence while having a discussion about the line not being ready for us to unload the truck in the morning. I had never been given any counseling or verbal warnings in the past. I thought they had rules that said first you get a verbal warning or counseling before ever being put on a written probation especially for a whole year so I called the hotline biggest mistake ever because now as a result of that call I was given a final written notice and told anything they consider an infraction of any kind I will be fired. What happened to we will not retaliate against anyone for using the hotline

Last edited:
don’t call guest relations, call your HRBP or DSD

This this this this this. I can't tell you how many times our HRBP has come through for TMs/TLs when our superiors haven't given a shit, including myself. They are (or at least, mine is) super in tune with what can get the company into trouble on a PR or even legal level, so you're more likely to get further on that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back