Archived Came back from vacation and am still out of the system--getting nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've worked for target for about a year and a half now. In my time, I've been consistently told I am one of the most valued team members at my store, all the managers like me, they have always done what they can to give me as many hours as possible and to accommodate my schedule whenever I ask, saying they know I will always work hard and return the favor.

In early June I took a two week vacation, I had to take a LOA for it which I thought was unnecessary but was reassured was normal. I've been back for almost two weeks now, and in that time I have been unable to clock myself in or to log into any registers. I also am not able to access mytime self-service and I do not appear on the posted schedules in the breakroom. HR and all of my managers are telling me this is normal and that it takes some time to get back in the system, and I have been filling out paper punch correction forms every day to keep track of my hours. I'm starting to get a little nervous though; should it REALLY be taking this long? Is someone dragging their feet? Are they preparing to fire me? I've been reassured multiple times but it's just starting to feel strange. It's like I came back from vacation and, officially as far as the system goes, I am a ghost at my store. Someone please tell me if this is normal or if I should be worried. This may be silly but honestly the stress of not being in control of my own team member functions and not being able to clock in and out and get a schedule like every other team member is causing me a great deal of stress, and I think it is beginning to affect my productivity and my general sense of well-being and morale at work.

Hey buddy, why do you need us to tell if whats going on is normal?
You said your managers and HR has said that its normal right?
You are able to work right?
What do you want us to say? What answer are you hoping for?
The people in charge, the people on the ground , the people close to you , the people who are aware of the situation are telling you its normal, and its not good enough for you? You need validation on TBR?
What exactly do you want us to tell you?
We dont know you.

I'm asking if, based on anyone else's experiences coming back from LOA, or anything about it, if this seems uncommon. You seem a little bit irate.

I'm asking if, based on anyone else's experiences coming back from LOA, or anything about it, if this seems uncommon. You seem a little bit irate.

Seems pretty common with several people who went on LOA. I don't know what answer you were hoping to get....

Seems pretty common with several people who went on LOA. I don't know what answer you were hoping to get....
Just that, whether others thought it seemed common or not. Most of the people at my store were saying it didn't ever seem to take so long at the past.

Just that, whether others thought it seemed common or not. Most of the people at my store were saying it didn't ever seem to take so long at the past.

It takes time depending on the day or the person in charge of the paperwork. Quit being paranoid and talk to HR if you need answers.

You asking a question, to which ,You got a direct answer from people who actually are the best to answer your questions/concerns. Right?
I hope you can sleep better now.

Be patient. You will be ok.
It will take up to 30 days to put you back into ehr & schedule. Instead of an taking loa for your vacation. Just turn in 2 separate requests in ehr, next time. Payroll hours are real low right now.

I'm currently on LOA and have no access to MyTime, either... it's normal. I can log on to everything else employee related, though, like benefits and such. There's a girl who only comes back during the summer and some weeks during 4th quarter and she's never actually on the schedules because she's mostly on LOA. If HR and your ETLs are saying it's normal, you're fine.

I have a month long LOA last year & had no problem using the time clock. Not sure if they worked all that out beforehand since I asked to come back a week earlier than expected.

Sounds normal we had a tm come baco from maternity lewave an ehr didnt have her back in for over a month. Ehr is a pain and its worse when paperwork doesnt get put in in a timely fashion. On the flip side we had a tm just start one of those school loa things for the summer and its been scheduling him every. He put that in back in february ehr is buggier than a roach motel :/

In early June I took a two week vacation, I had to take a LOA for it which I thought was unnecessary but was reassured was normal. I've been back for almost two weeks now, and in that time I have been unable to clock myself in or to log into any registers. I also am not able to access mytime self-service and I do not appear on the posted schedules in the breakroom. HR and all of my managers are telling me this is normal and that it takes some time to get back in the system, and I have been filling out paper punch correction forms every day to keep track of my hours. I'm starting to get a little nervous though; should it REALLY be taking this long? Is someone dragging their feet? Are they preparing to fire me? I've been reassured multiple times but it's just starting to feel strange. It's like I came back from vacation and, officially as far as the system goes, I am a ghost at my store. Someone please tell me if this is normal or if I should be worried. This may be silly but honestly the stress of not being in control of my own team member functions and not being able to clock in and out and get a schedule like every other team member is causing me a great deal of stress, and I think it is beginning to affect my productivity and my general sense of well-being and morale at work.

Relax.

No one is trying to fire you. It does take some time to get back into the system so you may have to fill out paper punch correction forms for some of your initial shifts.

If it is taking awhile, you or HR can try calling Leave and Disability at 800-828-5850. Some communication may have gotten lost between different departments at Target (above store-level) so it is prolonging your return.

Be proactive about following up on your return into the system. Just don't overstress because you aren't getting fired.

The day you see your name on the daily printed schedule will be the day you'll be able to use the time clock. You'll still need someone with supervisor status (e.g. GSTL, GSA, ETL) to give you access on the register though. Has someone already tried to give you that access yet?

14 days or less, you should've been able to do vacation instead of LOA. When a TM goes on LOA they're supposed to call the store 2 weeks before they return to start the process that'll reinstate them in the system. This also gives your store ample time to plan out your schedule and set aside payroll. Since your vacation was only 2 weeks long, HR would've needed to start processing your return paperwork right after they'd put on LOA.

I'm guessing they needed to wait until your LOA paperwork to clear the system before starting your return paperwork. I'd be willing to bet that you'll be on the schedule they post Thursday.

Last edited:
Even ETLs who go on leave for kids and what not get the same treatment. It takes anywhere from a couple days to a few weeks to put you back on the map. Trust what the leadership team and what everyone else is telling you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back