Can I get in trouble for not reporting a conflict of interest?

Our store has a front end TL who regularly parties and hangs out with his front end TM's, along with sleeping with some of his female TM's. I haven't attended any of their recent outings, but the big rumor that I'm hearing right now is that there was an incident where he got drunk at a party and threatened all of his TM's if they ever made any mention of his attendance. Apparently someone filed a report to the Integrity Hotline and now the ETL's and the DSD are investigating. I'm worried because this might all find a way back to me.

I didn't have any involvement in the event, but I have had prior knowledge of this front end TL hanging out with his TM's, which is obviously a conflict of interest. I'm just wondering if I can actually get into trouble for this. Could I be reprimanded for not reporting to the ETL's about the front end and his TM's spending time together? I've known about his activites for the better part of a year and I don't want to get dragged down in this.

I had mentioned in a prior thread that I put in my two weeks, but I had to rescind since my new job simply didn't pan out how I wanted, so now I'm stuck at Target still for the time being. I still plan on leaving, but I don't want to get fired and I need to keep this job for the time being.

Our store has a front end TL who regularly parties and hangs out with his front end TM's, along with sleeping with some of his female TM's. I haven't attended any of their recent outings, but the big rumor that I'm hearing right now is that there was an incident where he got drunk at a party and threatened all of his TM's if they ever made any mention of his attendance. Apparently someone filed a report to the Integrity Hotline and now the ETL's and the DSD are investigating. I'm worried because this might all find a way back to me.

I didn't have any involvement in the event, but I have had prior knowledge of this front end TL hanging out with his TM's, which is obviously a conflict of interest. I'm just wondering if I can actually get into trouble for this. Could I be reprimanded for not reporting to the ETL's about the front end and his TM's spending time together? I've known about his activites for the better part of a year and I don't want to get dragged down in this.

I had mentioned in a prior thread that I put in my two weeks, but I had to rescind since my new job simply didn't pan out how I wanted, so now I'm stuck at Target still for the time being. I still plan on leaving, but I don't want to get fired and I need to keep this job for the time being.
Why would it be your fault...If you were not involved, you are not under scrutiny.
Just stay away from those parties, and don't socialize with that TL.
If questioned on anyy observiations or interactions, just tell the truth.

I had a TL who got trouble and reassigned for meeting TMs (not under him) at a bar and bought them drinks. Their social gathering was documented on Facebook. And reported up to store leadership.

Last edited:
I knew that the series would continue! Anyways, if you're really concerned about getting fired like others have mentioned I would stop getting involved in these kinds of situations with other leaders or parties or whatnot.

Focus on work and being the best team member that you can be. I also hope that you've realized that being on your best behavior is important no matter how bad things get at your workplace. You never know when you might need them again if a new job doesn't work out and you want to stay on amicable terms in case you need to come back.

Bag the socialization, go home, rub some diclofenac on those sore knees, do an Ovaltine, listen to Suzy Boggus and Kathy Mattea and relax. Tomorrow is another day on the job. Rinse and repeat until you're my age then count your money.

Back