Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Ok the new chime has grown on me but what bothers me is it has to finish its cycle so like if a guest takes there card out it may take a few morechimes before it’s done and pos can move on

I heard that at pilot stores (I only glanced one which was T1040 for whatever reason) people don't even have to have their wallets everything just works. You don't need a card or anything.

AwFhn5W.jpg

Had a weird phone call, I don't know if the woman was just stubborn as hell or if there was a scam going on, I would love to hear GS view. She called and said she had bought an air mattress a day or two ago and it was defective, air was leaking out. She wanted to know if she could get a refund. I told her since she opened it all we could do was an even exchange. She was arguing with me about it, saying that it was defective, saying that she just didn't want to bother with getting another air mattress she just wanted to wash her hands of it, asking if a gift card could be an option since I was saying no refund. She was really, really fighting hard for a refund, saying another air mattress was just too much to deal with. However since she asked for a gift card when I out-stubborned her, it doesn't seem like it's any sort of scam since she wouldn't be getting cash back. She eventually accepted a no and hung up on me.

She used it (or had visitor s use it, either way), doesn't want it taking up space around home anymore, and poked a hole in it in order to claim it's defective. Near guarantee that if someone allows the exchange for the defective, a few days later she'll be back to return the unopened replacement. Put the word out to your GSTLs/GSAs so all of your desk people are informed and prepared.

Had a weird phone call, I don't know if the woman was just stubborn as hell or if there was a scam going on, I would love to hear GS view. She called and said she had bought an air mattress a day or two ago and it was defective, air was leaking out. She wanted to know if she could get a refund. I told her since she opened it all we could do was an even exchange. She was arguing with me about it, saying that it was defective, saying that she just didn't want to bother with getting another air mattress she just wanted to wash her hands of it, asking if a gift card could be an option since I was saying no refund. She was really, really fighting hard for a refund, saying another air mattress was just too much to deal with. However since she asked for a gift card when I out-stubborned her, it doesn't seem like it's any sort of scam since she wouldn't be getting cash back. She eventually accepted a no and hung up on me.

no returns, only exchanges. I wouldn't make an exception for a defective product. we can exchange it for another one, guest could even try a different brand if they complained to me.

I didn't think of the possibility of an overnight visitor. Makes sense. @PackAndCry I have lived with a teenager, and every mother's curse ("May you have a child just like you.") worked for my mother. After living with a teenager, it takes a lot to bully me out of a no, and it takes a near deific stubbornness to out-stubborn me. I can even out-stubborn my cats.

No they aren't. But they're damned difficult to get back into the box properly, which means they take up a lot more space. Plus the rental mentality (I only need it for a day or two, the store won't know) is spreading.

She was definitely full of sh*t. Guests try to do that all the time. I even had one guest finally agree to do the exchange aaaaaaand then turned right around and tried to do a return since it was unopened. Obviously POS doesn't allow that since it can see the original transaction was an exchange so its going to prompt for another exchange. Then the guest whipped out his ID and wanted to return for store credit. NOPE. Still exchange only. THEN he wanted to sit there and keep exchanging every mattress in our inventory as a big old fuck you...nah bitch you're done. Get out of my store. He ended up opening the new box "so that we couldn't sell it" and stormed out without either mattress. Joke's on him though. The guest behind him wanted to know if she could have the 2nd air mattress since it was new and unused. I sat it on the floor within her reach and told her that since it was his property I couldn't give it away but that I also wasn't responsible if it went missing. Processed her return, gave her a look, and conveniently left to take care of something else.

She was definitely full of sh*t. Guests try to do that all the time. I even had one guest finally agree to do the exchange aaaaaaand then turned right around and tried to do a return since it was unopened. Obviously POS doesn't allow that since it can see the original transaction was an exchange so its going to prompt for another exchange. Then the guest whipped out his ID and wanted to return for store credit. NOPE. Still exchange only. THEN he wanted to sit there and keep exchanging every mattress in our inventory as a big old fuck you...nah bitch you're done. Get out of my store. He ended up opening the new box "so that we couldn't sell it" and stormed out without either mattress. Joke's on him though. The guest behind him wanted to know if she could have the 2nd air mattress since it was new and unused. I sat it on the floor within her reach and told her that since it was his property I couldn't give it away but that I also wasn't responsible if it went missing. Processed her return, gave her a look, and conveniently left to take care of something else.
Ha, I love this!

I'm pretty sure this lady was the reason the "exchange only" policy was written (well, people like her).

Does anyone elses store just seem so unfunctionable lately? I know sure as hell mine does our front end team is the least cared about in the entire store and the only people that the team leads seem to care about is the sales people “consultents” it seems like they never have to come up and do reshop or get in trouble for not doing reshop at all. Now with our guest service area being more crowded than ever with having drive up on one side and opu on the other our guest service is a mess and it seems like it’s just going downhill. (It’s for sure our stl fault more than anyones, i think she needs to be fired, our store is trashed and she couldnt give any craps)

Well it says “store mode” on the bottom so I don’t think it is, also all the comments on the post say otherwise, it just requires a TM to come over and finish the transaction. But still wtf

Back