Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Has anyone seen certain meat products that when scanned will show two different prices? There will be one price that appears to be the regular price and then a different price (usually less than the regular price) with the words "Price Override" in parenthesis next to that price. I am so confused and I don't know how to explain to the guest what the real price they are being charged is.
Probably a weirdly coded promotion. Price override would be the price they’re charged.

I have seen that and I can't remember what the product was. I got charged the lower price, as I recall, but it was odd. Maybe it was a Circle thing?

I just noticed for Drive Ups, the time doesn’t reset after 5 minutes, you just get another honk. I was doing Drive Up alone and couldn’t find part of an order a few times, and when that second honk came, I thought a new Drive Up had arrived. I was so confused for awhile. 😂

I just noticed for Drive Ups, the time doesn’t reset after 5 minutes, you just get another honk. I was doing Drive Up alone and couldn’t find part of an order a few times, and when that second honk came, I thought a new Drive Up had arrived. I was so confused for awhile. 😂

It honked before too. I saw that the time wasn't resetting yesterday. I hoped it was just my device. I also had a guest come. They had 2 orders and it sounded like there were 2 people on the way and 2 people arriving. I hope it was a fluke.

Looking up past orders still doesn't work in pickup. However, we found you can look them up in My Help and it gives you the locations, but my help doesn't let you know about an INF. It only tells you what they actually ordered. You can look at MPM to see if something was INFed today.

It honked before too. I saw that the time wasn't resetting yesterday. I hoped it was just my device. I also had a guest come. They had 2 orders and it sounded like there were 2 people on the way and 2 people arriving. I hope it was a fluke.

Looking up past orders still doesn't work in pickup. However, we found you can look them up in My Help and it gives you the locations, but my help doesn't let you know about an INF. It only tells you what they actually ordered. You can look at MPM to see if something was INFed today.
Not being able to look up past orders without going to 3 apps is frustrating. Thank you for the tip about going to MPM to see if something was INFed! I had a guest yesterday who called to say she was missing a bag from her order. I looked up the location in My Help and they didn’t have a bag there. So I asked what they were missing and looked up the ISBNs from MyHelp. And we got what we could from the floor but there were two things we didn’t have. Anyway, it was weird and confusing but now I know to check MPM.

Not being able to look up past orders without going to 3 apps is frustrating. Thank you for the tip about going to MPM to see if something was INFed! I had a guest yesterday who called to say she was missing a bag from her order. I looked up the location in My Help and they didn’t have a bag there. So I asked what they were missing and looked up the ISBNs from MyHelp. And we got what we could from the floor but there were two things we didn’t have. Anyway, it was weird and confusing but now I know to check MPM.

What is ISBN? It infuriates me when there is a missing bag. I'm like, "team, we scan them for a reason." ugh.

I actually did that once as well when we were extremely short-staffed and guests were rightfully complaining about how long it took to check out. It feels like that's the only way to get Corporate to listen and give more hours to everybody working.
I should do this when the guests complain about the SCO receipts. Ever since I’ve been here they print like crap, not sure why they can’t just get...I don’t know...fixed.

I should do this when the guests complain about the SCO receipts. Ever since I’ve been here they print like crap, not sure why they can’t just get...I don’t know...fixed.
Literally just make a ticket for each SCO printer in myhelp and say “printer is poor quality. Attempted to clean, did not work. Tech visit needed” and someone will come out in 1-3 days and fix it. On behalf of GSTMs who have to scan these receipts, please please do this!!

Literally just make a ticket for each SCO printer in myhelp and say “printer is poor quality. Attempted to clean, did not work. Tech visit needed” and someone will come out in 1-3 days and fix it. On behalf of GSTMs who have to scan these receipts, please please do this!!
Dumb question but I can do this? It doesn’t have to be a TL or anything? Because yeah, I’m tired of playing guess what number that is when I have to type in the receipt number and VCD.

Have you had problems with some Pokemon card packs that wouldn't scan and "Item not found" appeared on the registers? I even tried to look them up on the MyDevice but I had a lot of difficulty finding the exact packs. Does it take time for the results on the MyDevice to update since it seems like we get new "versions" of trading cards (Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, sports cards, etc.) regularly? Some of the results also didn't have a DPCI, only a TCIN so I'm just kind of wondering how all of the trading card items are managed.

Honestly, I hate the change to self-checkout (or maybe it's with all of the new POS systems) in which the guest's card won't decline outright if they don't have enough balance on their card but it will accept a partial payment on their card and it causes confusion. It usually ends with guests wanting to cancel the partial payment and it won't go back to their card immediately and all that sometimes causes so much frustration.

Last edited:
Honestly, I hate the change to self-checkout (or maybe it's with all of the new POS systems) in which the guest's card won't decline outright if they don't have enough balance on their card but it will accept a partial payment on their card and it causes confusion. It usually ends with guests wanting to cancel the partial payment and it won't go back to their card immediately and all that sometimes causes confusion and frustration.
it will do that for Visa/MC/amex gift cards but that is the only one it should do it for.

It's done that for a long time. I think it can do it with a debit card too. It might depend on a setting the guest has with the bank. One of my debit accounts would do this at Dunkins. I refused overdraft protection when I set up the account. You don't see it often because the default at the bank is to give you over draft protection so they can charge fees when you go in the red.

It's done that for a long time. I think it can do it with a debit card too. It might depend on a setting the guest has with the bank. One of my debit accounts would do this at Dunkins. I refused overdraft protection when I set up the account. You don't see it often because the default at the bank is to give you over draft protection so they can charge fees when you go in the red.
I've seen it decline before when that's the case but I've only ever seen partial payment with GCs

I was line busting today and noticed that printing a receipt is now optional. I think that is interesting.

One guest asked if I could split payments. In the 10 seconds I took to look, I did not see an option. Am I missing something? I would have kept looking if the guest didn't say to put it all on the one card.

I was line busting today and noticed that printing a receipt is now optional. I think that is interesting.

One guest asked if I could split payments. In the 10 seconds I took to look, I did not see an option. Am I missing something? I would have kept looking if the guest didn't say to put it all on the one card.
MCO can't manually split payments sadly

with target circle and receipts in the app I can't believe it will be long before receipts are optional at all registers

I should clarify that when my debit would only pay a partial amount it was because I had very little money. If the item cost $5 and I only had $2.50, it would only pay $2.50 and I'd have to pay the remainder another way.

MCO can't manually split payments sadly

with target circle and receipts in the app I can't believe it will be long before receipts are optional at all registers

Split payments would kinda defeat the purpose of MCO which is typically very small purchases. Anything larger or more complicated shouldn't be done on a MCO device.

Back