Archived Can my store just not allow people to swap shifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store went wayyyy over payroll so now they're doing all kinds of shady things like cutting people's hours without telling them. They took away the swap shift board and they're telling people they can't use kronos. Can they do that? I know swap shift policies are an ASANTS thing, but just outright not allowing people to swap is something I've never heard of before.

Depends on the state some dont allow emoyers to take shifts without knowledge and some require certain time frame notice. My state has no protections and lur leadership takes advantage of that by doing all these things.

They're not allowed to cut your hours without your approval. They can stop shift swaps but then you should be able to just be taken off the schedule instead. If they're not allowing shift swaps and still get on you for calling out then you have a case on your hands. Times like these should be the easiest time to take time off.

My store went wayyyy over payroll so now they're doing all kinds of shady things like cutting people's hours without telling them. They took away the swap shift board and they're telling people they can't use kronos. Can they do that? I know swap shift policies are an ASANTS thing, but just outright not allowing people to swap is something I've never heard of before.
So, they mismanaged hours and TM’s pay the price.

I went shopping tonight to discover that two cashiers were told to not come in. By the time I went to check out, the lines at the two open lanes were out to the racetrack and SCO's line was into accessories.

I'll be honest, I'm kind of hoping to get a call tomorrow.

Yes they can take away the swap shift. They can do it for payroll, they can do it because people keep picking up shifts they aren’t trained for, they can do it to spite a single person.

If you have a shift you want to give up just tell your TL and ask if they want you to find coverage.

Yup yup yup they sure can. They pulled that shit at our store for two weeks straight during thanksgiving and Black Friday. Won’t be surprised if they do it again for Christmas and New Years

Yup, sales floor and front end hours slashed like the tires on an angry baby momma's baby daddy's Escalade.

But OPU/SFS all got 40 hours.

You know where the sales are coming from...

I need to work at your store because even SFS at my store is being cut like crazy 😖 the LOD regularly has to pick because there's only one picker and packer. Yes, the orders are fewer now that BF/CM are over, but there's still usually too much for one of us to do. We're both the most important thing to the company and the thorn in its side: Important enough to get yelled at for not making time and INFing but something viewed as secondary since it doesn't have immediate guest interaction.

As for removing the board, I wouldn't surprise me if my store did it. If we weren't all desperate for the hours we do get, I wish the consequence of removing the board would be entire departments just not show up. Then they'd see just who they need in the store: everyone they can get.

They're not allowed to cut your hours without your approval. They can stop shift swaps but then you should be able to just be taken off the schedule instead. If they're not allowing shift swaps and still get on you for calling out then you have a case on your hands. Times like these should be the easiest time to take time off.
They do it to us. The Kronos website literally says that the schedule is subject to change, so they can change it and we're expected to just suck it up.

They do it to us. The Kronos website literally says that the schedule is subject to change, so they can change it and we're expected to just suck it up.

Here we go again. Nothing against you SnowWhiteOfAnA, but the Kronos website can say whatever it wants. I always take a pic of my printed schedule. And I follow it. Now if Target wants to play this game, then I'm not working when I don't want to. How would that be?

This ridiculous unmanagement proves how awful Target's management has become.

Here we go again. Nothing against you SnowWhiteOfAnA, but the Kronos website can say whatever it wants. I always take a pic of my printed schedule. And I follow it. Now if Target wants to play this game, then I'm not working when I don't want to. How would that be?

This ridiculous unmanagement proves how awful Target's management has become.
I mean, I totally agree with you, but until our printed schedule is out and posted, my STL does whatever the hell she wants. Thursday, Kronos will have me scheduled 25 or more hours. Friday, both Kronos and the printed schedule have me at 15. It didn't happen this week, but it was happening before. And if we say anything, they just quote that bs at us. And our DTL is here every other day practically, so she has to know about it.

I mean, I totally agree with you, but until our printed schedule is out and posted, my STL does whatever the hell she wants. Thursday, Kronos will have me scheduled 25 or so hours. Friday, both Kronos and the printed schedule have me at 15. It didn't happen this week, but it was before. And if we say anything, they just quote that bs at us. And our DTL is here every other day practically, so she has to know about it.

I've never been on Kronos. Is the schedule more than 2 weeks ahead on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back