Archived Can someone give me a run down of the aisles that should be grouped together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when you're doing a pull, which aisles should be grouped together in those red bins? (Not sure what they're called) Say you're pulling Plug, Home, Dom, Chem etc. Which can go together and which cannot? This seems to be the only thing I'm not picking up properly. I understand Grocery 1 & 2, Bev 1 & 2, Candy, and Snacks can go together, but I can't seem to figure out the others.

A list breaking this down would be incredibly helpful.

-Thanks

Depends on your store layout. To make it easy on whoever is pushing, assuming there's more than one vehicle I'll group various areas of the store together depending on what I'm pulling

For the most part our grocery aisles are all basically separated by fill group, so it's easier to push if they are unmixed. The ones I generally combine are bike+sport, office+stationary, diaper+BB01, all of softlines+shoes, bath+bed+home+dom+furn.

It also depends on the size of the batch. If the pulls are huge, obviously don't mix them.

There's no easy answer because it varies by store. Just group it based on where the items are located on the sales floor and how big the batch usually is.

Also don't go out of your way to group batches together if it would require you to run around the backroom 5 times to do it (our sales floor has Toys, Office, and Sport all close together, but since they are in three separate corners of the backroom, we don't waste time trying to keep those batches together).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back