Archived can you be fired from target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even count how many times I forgot to give a guest their receipt or they ran off before I could hand it to them.

However, Target has receipt look up as long they didn't pay cash. So the ETL or TL taking the call should be reminding them of that. Most of the guests that I had that purchased something small or at Food Ave refused the receipt.

At most you will get a reminder. But you shouldn't receive a formal coaching. If the guest is calling constantly, then they have a problem and trying to stir up trouble.

Last edited:
Coaching is just a verbal, sometimes written, conversation about performance or other issues. For some, the first occurrence is a verbal coaching, undocumented (perhaps a seek-to-understand). Repeat occurrences will probably be written coachings as three of those within a window of time (subject to store discretion) lead to corrective action (CA). A corrective action is the real deal documentation of messing up. You are on CA for six months. A few coachings after receiving a CA lead to a Final Warning. After a final warning, which you can be on for 1 year, one more mistake can be termination.

Since you are within your 90-days a CA is enough to term you. But I wouldn't sweat it, just make sure you are doing everything correctly.

luna831,

From what I gather you are very concerned about this situation, however reading what you have written it does not look like this is enough to get you fired. Mhugh, explained really well the steps that Target goes through before termination. The worst that could have happened was a documented coaching, in which if you continually forget to hand out receipts (or mess up) and require continuous coaching could lead to termination. However, GSTL's are so used to getting complaints from guests that forgetting a receipt is really just a drop in the bucket, compared to shortchanging or forgetting to give a guest a giftcard, or something more serious like that. I wish you the best of luck, and keep trying to do a good job, that helps you build rapport with the GSTL which can never be a bad thing!

Rest assured I think you'll be okay!

Last edited:
Im sad and crying im trying my best I did cashier for alot of years but I never forget to give her receipt im sad and crying I need this job.

So what will happen today I really dont want to loose my job

Things I've seen that did not result in a TM getting termed:

1. Drive the electric pallet jack through the interior vestibule door(Don't even get me started on that one)
2. Leave the building for the night with a receiving door unlocked and receiving alarm not set (we are not an ON store)
3. Have sex in the compactor

Forgot to hand someone a receipt.... I'd tell them to check their pockets and or purse lol

Things I've seen that did not result in a TM getting termed:

1. Drive the electric pallet jack through the interior vestibule door(Don't even get me started on that one)
2. Leave the building for the night with a receiving door unlocked and receiving alarm not set (we are not an ON store)
3. Have sex in the compactor

Forgot to hand someone a receipt.... I'd tell them to check their pockets and or purse lol

Things I've seen. I am only interested in #3. Isn't the compactor that smelly hole in the ground? Details please. Keep it clean! Lol

The compactor is the trash dumpster. To get to it, you open a door and you're in a little (5'x2.5') man trap before there is the whole that leads to the trash. There's a cam pointed at the door (Shrink/Theft/Robbery thing) but if the door is closed, you can't see anything.....

So it's later in the evening, and the LOD opens the door for the male TM to throw away trash, and then walks away (oops #1). Male TM calls a female TM back to the compactor, they talk about it for a minute, slip inside (not the best smelling or cleanest place in the building) and close the door. A few minutes later, the LOD comes back, the door is closed and there is a pile of trash still sitting in front of it. The LOD mutters a few choice words, and opens the door to toss the rest of the trash.

Imagine the surprise when there are 2 target TM in the compactor, not in dress code, and doing something that is best left until you are off the clock.

Since there was corrective action taken against both tm's, this issue is strictly confidential and no one outside of Compactor Guy and Compactor Girl knew that it took place

So do you think I will be fired for this or what can lead to fireing . And im not past my nienty days.

But the gstl was the one who told me the person complianed about the receipt.

Right...and now everyone has moved on. Believe me...that is not the biggest thing that went wrong in his/her day. Nor was it anything that was thought of again after they made mention to remember to give out receipts.

The compactor is the trash dumpster. To get to it, you open a door and you're in a little (5'x2.5') man trap before there is the whole that leads to the trash. There's a cam pointed at the door (Shrink/Theft/Robbery thing) but if the door is closed, you can't see anything.....

So it's later in the evening, and the LOD opens the door for the male TM to throw away trash, and then walks away (oops #1). Male TM calls a female TM back to the compactor, they talk about it for a minute, slip inside (not the best smelling or cleanest place in the building) and close the door. A few minutes later, the LOD comes back, the door is closed and there is a pile of trash still sitting in front of it. The LOD mutters a few choice words, and opens the door to toss the rest of the trash.

Imagine the surprise when there are 2 target TM in the compactor, not in dress code, and doing something that is best left until you are off the clock.

Since there was corrective action taken against both tm's, this issue is strictly confidential and no one outside of Compactor Guy and Compactor Girl knew that it took place

I hate to hijack this thread, but I just can not wrap my head around this. You have to be pretty desperate to go in that area. I can't stand the smell just standing nearby when the door is open and trash is being dumped. This just takes the cake. Ok I will move on now. Thank you

I hate to hijack this thread, but I just can not wrap my head around this. You have to be pretty desperate to go in that area. I can't stand the smell just standing nearby when the door is open and trash is being dumped. This just takes the cake. Ok I will move on now. Thank you

Maybe a mod could retag it it to nasty things seen in the compactor :D

My only hope is that is was some kind of bet... I really hope the most romantic spot they could come up with for an *intimates* encounter wouldn't be the compactor.

Maybe a mod could retag it it to nasty things seen in the compactor :D

My only hope is that is was some kind of bet... I really hope the most romantic spot they could come up with for an *intimates* encounter wouldn't be the compactor.

To the OP -- Don't worry, unless you do it on a constant basis this is not going to be a problem even if the customer is an obnoxious jerk.

On the compacter sex when I worked at the grocery store there was a couple of butchers who routinely had sex in the meat freezer.
A few of us knew it was going on but we weren't going to say anything.
Personally I was impressed that they were that determined.

So I cant be fired then. Because it was the gstl who talked to me

@luna831 - if nothing else, AP could look at the surveillance video to see what happened.
As others have said, it's done so move on & try not to dwell on it too much despite your fears.
It may be the first time a guest falsely accuses you of something but - sadly - it won't be the last.

Just wish I could like this comment more than once. That is all...

If customers call and complain about you what can you be fired for.

so if they talked to me about guest complaing how many times does it have to be till your friend or need to be coached ???

Till your fired or coached I dont have friends at work.

Customer said I forget to give them receipt but I always make sure to give them it.

But i did not forget to give it to them the person called and complained said it was my labe also what does coaching mean or how many times do they talk to you till your fired.

Are we being punk'd or is this a real concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back