Archived Can You Talk About Corrective Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
So you know a team member got corrective action. Because it's all you've heard about from them the past week. Both of them. The whole team knows what they got it for, and now I'm concerned they know who turned them in.

Can they talk about this to the rest of the team or is this a no-no I can report to hr?

I've had to report a team member and it's my understanding that speaking about it after the fact (from either party) is a big no-no and considered retaliation.

If you spread info about the person who reported you for something, or cause that person issues, it could be classified as retaliation... Even for TMs.

Is there any real reason to report people for things anyway? Why can't people mind their own business?

Like, I;m not talking about stealing, sexual harassment or violence, but stupid things like walking on a pallet. Some girl seen me do it because I had to step out her way when she was bringing a flat through. Then about an hour later I get a "reminder" to not step on them from an ETL. And now she's avoiding me like I'm gonna retaliate or something.

I'm not a fan of reporting someone unless it's an issue that personally effects you or someone else in a way they don't like. But Telling just to be a dick isn't cool. That's how you make enemies in the workplace.

Is there any real reason to report people for things anyway? Why can't people mind their own business?

Like, I;m not talking about stealing, sexual harassment or violence, but stupid things like walking on a pallet. Some girl seen me do it because I had to step out her way when she was bringing a flat through. Then about an hour later I get a "reminder" to not step on them from an ETL. And now she's avoiding me like I'm gonna retaliate or something.

I'm not a fan of reporting someone unless it's an issue that personally effects you or someone else in a way they don't like. But Telling just to be a dick isn't cool. That's how you make enemies in the workplace.

Yes this! This one girl had her earbuds in and pushing a flat in a tight space between a row of 8 pallets on both sides, she act like she didn't want to stop so I can let her through so I step one foot on a pallet to let her by and an hour later my TL is coaching me for saftey......

I am a huge proponent of "minding your own business." Unless I could be directly tied to what someone else is doing wrong, I keep my mouth shut.

I recently got coached (at least I think a verbal coaching) for putting my food in the microwave before I clocks out for lunch. My boss says, "It has been brought to my attention ..." I'm pretty sure I know who said something.

Meanwhile, I watch people work off the clock. I get ETL's coming up to me at lunch asking me work questions. Half the store skips their breaks.

All that's okay, as long as it benefits the company. But if I put my food in the microwave because I am on the way, that is a no no. And apparently, worth tattling on. Is that really the culture we want at the store. Tattling? If so, I'd spend half my day in the HR-ETL's office.

I considered retaliating, because the probable rat is on his phone all the damn time on the sales floor, but whatever ... It's not worth my time.

To the OPs point, there's a good chance the reason the people who got corrective action have been talking about it so much is they want to see who reacts so they can find out who 'ratted them out'.
Which is part of the reason Spot frowns on people discussing them, the other has to do with people realizing how arbitrary and capricious they can be but that's another thread.
So maybe pointing out to a ETL that it has become a constant cause of conversation is valid.

On the other point that has sprung up.
I made it a habit of minding my own but when it came to safety, mostly in the fixture room, I always spoke up.
Not to tell on the person but to let the person know myself.
You don't leave frelling shelves leaning on the walls, you don't put twenty of them in a shopping cart and leave it in the fixture room, etc.
Funny how often my rants got better results than the ETLs.

Last edited:
To the OPs point, there's a good chance the reason the people who got corrective action have been talking about it so much is they want to see who reacts so they can find out who 'ratted them out'.
Which is part of the reason Spot frowns on people discussing them, the other has to do with people realizing how arbitrary and capricious they can be but that's another thread.
So maybe pointing out to a ETL that it has become a constant cause of conversation is valikd.

On the other point that has sprung up.
I made it a habit of minding my own but when it came to safety, mostly in the fixture room, I always spoke up.
Not to tell on the person but to let the person know myself.
You don't leave frelling shelves leaning on the walls, you don't put twenty of them in a shopping cart and leave it in the fixture room, etc.
Funny how often my rants got better results than the ETLs.
They only have two choices, and one isn't much of a choice. Thanks for the help guys.

CA for theft? Really? I thought it was an internal and then a termination.

Same here. Did not think thier was room for debate on that one. As for talking about a CA, it is a lot like talking about your pay raise. Spot prefers that you do not do it but, if your talking about your own I do not recall any consequence for doing so.

CA for theft? Really? I thought it was an internal and then a termination.
This is a continuation from the thread with me asking about why you would be blocked from promotion for a year...which was decided most likely corrective action.

I don't know as nobody had come right or and said mr. Stupid got corrective action fir stealing, but the snide sarcastic comments are out of hand every time I work with this tm. And it's definitely not the behavior we are promised if we brave turning someone in for such behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back