Archived Cancelled shift because of weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalina

Bullseye Biatch!
So today I got called and told they were cancelling my shift because of the weather. Does this happen often? I was supposed to work till close today. Right now (4pm) there's barely any snow and its not super cold. I can still see the grass that's how little there is, and it's not currently snowing or raining, does this mean they're closing the store? Or just asking less people 5o work? Will I still get paid for the hours I was supposed to work? Sorry for so many questions.

Sounds like they are cutting hours. You might want to call back to clarify.
But, there are bad storm fronts on the east coast.

Last edited:
My store never cancel shift due to bad weather, they expected you to called out instead!

Yeah you don't get paid if they cut shifts. I got 4 shifts cut this week, alot of other tm's did too and we aren't getting paid for those.

So today I got called and told they were cancelling my shift because of the weather. Does this happen often? I was supposed to work till close today. Right now (4pm) there's barely any snow and its not super cold. I can still see the grass that's how little there is, and it's not currently snowing or raining, does this mean they're closing the store? Or just asking less people 5o work? Will I still get paid for the hours I was supposed to work? Sorry for so many questions.

Not if they cut your shift.

Yeah you don't get paid if they cut shifts. I got 4 shifts cut this week, alot of other tm's did too and we aren't getting paid for those.
you have to volunteer to cut shifts. i don't work where there's extreme weather, so not sure on that.

once posted you've got a right to those hours.

Ya you could have said no you want to keep your shift. And they would have tried to cut someone else.

4 shifts in one week??

That stinks. Sales that low or leadership used too many hours earlier in the month? Either way, don't forget to file for Unemployment. Most states allow claims anytime your hours are 50% less than normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 shifts in one week??

That stinks. Sales that low or leadership used too many hours earlier in the month? Either way, don't forget to file for Unemployment. Most states allow claims anytime your hours are 50% less than normal.

Good to know, thanks! But yeah alot of people got their shifts hacked like that. It's insane. And then they worry about turnovers or whatever.. Well we gotta pay our bills! What would be considered normal though they always flex people's hours so there's never a definite inthe amount of hours

you have to volunteer to cut shifts. i don't work where there's extreme weather, so not sure on that.

once posted you've got a right to those hours.

No one volunteered they just cut them all and said hey FYI u don't work for the next week now

Good to know, thanks! But yeah alot of people got their shifts hacked like that. It's insane. And then they worry about turnovers or whatever.. Well we gotta pay our bills! What would be considered normal though they always flex people's hours so there's never a definite inthe amount of hours

Each state has its own formula. Just file :)
The state will make its determination if you get anything. As long as you are honest when you file, you can't get in trouble with the state. And filing usually gets leadership to stop messing with your hours!

My DH had inconsistent hours at a job. There was one time he got a check for $17! But that's why employers have to pay into your state's fund. People can't be at the mercy of an employer.

Each state has its own formula. Just file :)
The state will make its determination if you get anything. As long as you are honest when you file, you can't get in trouble with the state. And filing usually gets leadership to stop messing with your hours!

My DH had inconsistent hours at a job. There was one time he got a check for $17! But that's why employers have to pay into your state's fund. People can't be at the mercy of an employer.

Nice I'll look into that thanks. Didn't know you could file if you're still technically employed

This is the last week of the month. If your store is not making sales and over in payroll they are trying to cut hrs to make it or answer to spot.

This is the last week of the month. If your store is not making sales and over in payroll they are trying to cut hrs to make it or answer to spot.

Yeah but it's not our faults they suck and don't know how to run a store. I can't pay my bills now cause the check that was gonna help with that one will only have 16 hours on it since they took like 6 shifts total from me for that pay period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back